CHAD REED

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2014 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2014 10:25 PM

I mean, what can this guy do in the title this year?

Personally can't believe it.

Suppose we should just read the scoreboard at this point. Two hands over the head with hard and solid golf claps.

WOW.

|

2/1/2014 10:24 PM

He loves them slick tracks. Great win.

|

2/1/2014 10:25 PM

Same here. I was literally standing in front of the tv with my hands over my head saying wow! Amazing ride again.

|

2/1/2014 10:29 PM

If he won the title this year, it would seriously be one of the all time great wins in history. So many talented riders mean that no matter who wins, it's a well and truly hard fought win. But Chad Reed was battling with Ricky Carmichael for wins a decade ago. In that time there have been so many guys who are faster and younger coming through, with James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey and now Ken Roczen. Yet somehow he has managed to defy his age and still be able to match it with these guys a decade after doing so with Ricky Carmichael.

He just has so much heart, that it's impossible not to be impressed by him. I swear he must have been the only person on the planet who believed he had what it took after the injury he suffered in 2012. I thought that was his career right there, and I am so glad he is proving me wrong.

|

2/1/2014 10:32 PM

Chumpy Reed, one bad stud on a dirt bike.

|

2/1/2014 10:33 PM

He is shutting me up and slowly turning me ino a fan.

His colorways are always so fresh.

|

2/1/2014 10:35 PM

TripleFive wrote:

smile
|

2/1/2014 10:36 PM

Great race and win for Reed and company.

Get out front early and put in solid laps like a boss.

|

2/1/2014 10:36 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

If he won the title this year, it would seriously be one of the all time great wins in history. So many talented riders mean ...more

Agreed. I would have given him a snow ball's chance in an afternoon at Loretta Lynn's to make to into the top five in 2014.

Old man has won twice and is a real threat for title #3 as I see it.

I gave Kroc three laps to get him, but when Chad shook him off you could just see that nobody, including Chuck Norris, was going to take that win from him.

|

2/1/2014 10:37 PM

mxlegend99 wrote:

If he won the title this year, it would seriously be one of the all time great wins in history. So many talented riders mean ...more

Yep!

|

2/1/2014 10:39 PM

Awesome performance so far.
I think he's gonna go down the points after san Diego, just a feeling^^ I hope it wont happen tho

|

2/1/2014 10:40 PM

Agreed OP!

|

2/2/2014 12:27 AM

That was awesome. He didn't crack even a little bit under the immense pressure from Roczen. I was yelling at the lapper on the last lap to get out of the way.

When was the last time Reed won 2 out of 3? 2009?

|

2/2/2014 1:23 AM

4 podiums in 5 races, nobody else can say that! To be riding like this after all he has been through the last couple years, LEGEND!

|

2015 KTM 250sx, WP 48mm CV Forks, WP Trax Shock, Bills Pipe
2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 2014 Forest River XLR Nitro 28TQD bumper pull toy hauler

Instagram: @impalenthelen https://www.instagram.com/impalenthelen/
Youtube: Mitchell Thelen

2/2/2014 1:37 AM

Bravo Reedy!!!!!!!!

|

bd

2/2/2014 3:12 AM

Hattica77 wrote:

Agreed. I would have given him a snow ball's chance in an afternoon at Loretta Lynn's to make to into the top five in 2014.

...more

Had that same feeling regarding him being beaten.

I actually noted how amazingly solid he was. From the moment he took the lead right through the finish, NOTHING phased him. Roczen would come up, fade off, come up, poke it up the inside, fade off again, etc. Fucks given by the 22? None. You could just see that this was his race, and he would set the pace. His line choice was amazing and left little to no room for Roczen to make a move without it being super high risk.

To me it looked like Chad was so comfortable up front and just in his zone. Maybe its his smooth riding style but as I said above he was solid and unphased whilst riders like Roczen, Barcia etc looked to be trying very hard and moving all over the place (obviously trying to set something up).

Did anyone else notice how slow the pace was? It was very evident that they were on an ice rink and it appeared that Chad would not alter his pace or ride over his head. He knew the risks of pushing harder and that this also applied to his competition. He set a solid pace in what was an exciting, stressful chess match on a super slick surface.

Pumped.

|

2/2/2014 6:46 AM

TripleFive wrote:

Get used to it because you gonna learn today!

|

2/2/2014 6:47 AM

Bro, I fucking love Chad Reed.

Next week he'll make it 2 in a row

|

2/2/2014 6:53 AM

what a difference a year can make....that was a "straight up" win!

|

2/2/2014 6:54 AM

Ramrod wrote:

Same here. I was literally standing in front of the tv with my hands over my head saying wow! Amazing ride again.

Yep....I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I am nuts screaming "Holy Fuck is Chad Reed gonna take this"....about 20 times at 1:00am est.
laughing laughing

|

2/2/2014 6:55 AM

I love that hes the "old guy" schooling the younger riders!
I love the "non cookie cutter" 'non teleprompter" interviews he gives!
Hopefully after next week we see the red plate on his bike! GO REEDY!!!!!!cool

|

2/2/2014 7:08 AM

I wasn't a reed fan way back in the RC era. But now a days I just love the guy. Before the season started I said he will be a threat if and only if he gels with the new bike. Well he made a good choice to switch cause that kwacker is fitting him perfect. He also mentioned a tire that he hadn't yet tried on the kaw. That must have been a factor too.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

2/2/2014 7:20 AM

Can we make it a forum rule that the combo of the words CHAD REED will only be acceptable in all caps?

Seriously. CHAD fucking REED.

I'm so pumped for him.

|

2/2/2014 7:26 AM

I've always been a Reed fan, but slowly starting to become a Roczen fan in the process. Kid is pretty likable.

|

2/2/2014 7:29 AM

Cygnus wrote:

I wasn't a reed fan way back in the RC era. But now a days I just love the guy. Before the season started I said he will be a ...more

Yep! Except I didn't see him doing this well. I thought he'd get a few podiums and maybe a win.

I really didn't become a fan until he got on the Suzuki. It seemed like he changed a little bit. Plus, I'm a huge fan of people who take big chances, and Chad has been doing that all his life. I just wasn't paying attention before.

|

2/2/2014 7:56 AM

I never really appreciated Reed until about the 2008 SX season. Since then total respect! but I won't lie I am surprised how well he is doing so far this year. Go Chad

|

2/2/2014 8:00 AM

There's a changing of the guard. The old guard took it back.

|

2/2/2014 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2014 8:29 AM

Add me to the list of people who are getting "won over" by the new Chad. I've never been a fan due to his whiny attitude and being kind of a head case about winning only when the stars are lined up and he has a warm fuzzy. Even my wife who doesn't follow the sport at all has commented about his pissy attitude in the past when she walked through the living room and Chad was being interviewed.

That's all shifted in the last couple of years and he appears to have matured a ton. Even when he doesn't win these days, he doesn't come across as a whiny little bitch. I'm guessing that the maturity and the winning might be related. I'm thinking the best move he made was building his own team and thus growing up. The Factory teams don't tend to make mature adults, they make coddled Prima donnas. Good for Chad and my apologies for doubting his chances this year.

For most of the race, Kenny really acted like he was about ready to bull his way around Chad but then Chad would just sorta squeeze a little more space out front. He raced fast and smart and hard last night and even without that late race lapper, Kenny was not going to get around him. Chad still had some left in tank and would have whicked it up if Kenny had gotten closer. Color me impressed.

|

2/2/2014 8:09 AM

I sure as f*&k didn't this type of riding by ole Speedy Reedy! Just amazing to throw down like he has so far. If he wins this title it might go down as the most EPIC Championship victory of all time?!

|

2/2/2014 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2014 8:22 AM

Always been a fan. Can't believe how many times he's reinvented himself when it looked like he was on the back side of his career and straight up wins were assumed by most to be a thing of the past.

Chad Reed is good shit!

|