CASTING - young MX riders and their families

amyrhodin
Edited Date/Time 5/9/2013 6:18am
Did your toddler learn to ride before learning to walk? Do your family’s finances go straight to paying for his or her training, repairs or even injuries? Does your life as a parent revolve around your child's moto training schedule? Is motocross the one thing that brings your family together (or sometimes pulls it apart)?

If so, we want to hear your stories! A prominent reality television company in New York City is looking for families that live their lives on the side of a motocross track. We’re looking for devoted parents to young motocross amateurs, with big dreams to be the next pro-rider. Parents who will do anything to help their child get there, we want to hear from you.

Parents or guardians email 11streetcasting@gmail.com with your name, location, age(s) of your rider(s), their experience level, and a brief description of your life as a moto family.

Look forward to hearing for you soon!
|
Highsider
4/10/2013 12:20pm
I'd check out the show if it comes about.
RandyS
4/10/2013 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2013 12:52pm
Amy, I know you're just doing your job but MX really doesn't need a MTV show the quality of Teen Mom and Buckwild. Please ask your bosses to reconsider, the tree huggers already have enough ammo.

Amy Rhodin
Executive assistant to the producers of MTV's "Teen Mom", "Teen Mom 2", "Teen Mom 3" and "16 and Pregnant"
4/10/2013 12:59pm
RandyS wrote:
Amy, I know you're just doing your job but MX really doesn't need a MTV show the quality of Teen Mom and Buckwild. Please ask your...
Amy, I know you're just doing your job but MX really doesn't need a MTV show the quality of Teen Mom and Buckwild. Please ask your bosses to reconsider, the tree huggers already have enough ammo.

Amy Rhodin
Executive assistant to the producers of MTV's "Teen Mom", "Teen Mom 2", "Teen Mom 3" and "16 and Pregnant"
Hey Amy, contact the Masterpools, Lichtles, and Gradzickis. Might not be something to be taken lightly like the other programs you've produced.

The Shop

AS64
Fantasy
2175th
4/10/2013 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2013 1:02pm
RandyS wrote:
Amy, I know you're just doing your job but MX really doesn't need a MTV show the quality of Teen Mom and Buckwild. Please ask your...

Amy Rhodin
Yea. Hell NO. We don't need MTV over dramatizing things in Motocross AND scaring people away. Amy, this really isn't your scene.
chapmanmx
4/10/2013 1:03pm
RandyS wrote:

Amy Rhodin
AS64 wrote:
Yea. Hell NO. We don't need MTV over dramatizing things in Motocross AND scaring people away. Amy, this really isn't your scene.
Agreed. That is the last thing motocross needs. Please Amy, move along........
Jakes Dad
4/10/2013 1:09pm
No payments for pleasure in this household, bad grades (or attitude) and bills will keep his bike parked. 16 is not far off and a job soon after to help support that new venture. So nope we'd be a boring bunch to follow.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/10/2013 1:24pm
Sounds like a show that will make moto families look like idiots and child abusers to me.
JeepnMike
4/10/2013 1:46pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Sounds like a show that will make moto families look like idiots and child abusers to me.
I was going to comment but bit my lip. UpTite kinda pinned down my thoughts too. Most families that are THAT deep into it, could very well viewed as nuts by others. Sorta like those shows where the moms dress up their daughters and parade them like idiots and look like complete psychos themselves.

I never even did the math about environmental nuts getting an eye on something like this, I was too focused on folks creating enterainment at other's expense.
txmxer
4/10/2013 1:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
that's why they call it reality.
Tracktor
4/10/2013 2:57pm
amyrhodin wrote:
Did your toddler learn to ride before learning to walk? Do your family’s finances go straight to paying for his or her training, repairs or even...
Did your toddler learn to ride before learning to walk? Do your family’s finances go straight to paying for his or her training, repairs or even injuries? Does your life as a parent revolve around your child's moto training schedule? Is motocross the one thing that brings your family together (or sometimes pulls it apart)?

If so, we want to hear your stories! A prominent reality television company in New York City is looking for families that live their lives on the side of a motocross track. We’re looking for devoted parents to young motocross amateurs, with big dreams to be the next pro-rider. Parents who will do anything to help their child get there, we want to hear from you.

Parents or guardians email 11streetcasting@gmail.com with your name, location, age(s) of your rider(s), their experience level, and a brief description of your life as a moto family.

Look forward to hearing for you soon!
Please keep your white-trash world view away from our sport. I have heard from a few people that went to one of these tryouts and walked away after hearing what was wanted. It isn't anything close to reality its fake drama that they want (naturally). Talk about the dumbing down of America...................
smoker
4/10/2013 3:14pm
ya amy, get the fuck out of here. you are not welcome.
4/10/2013 3:33pm
You guys are idiots.

GET OUT OF HERE MAINSTREAM ATTENTION, WE DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY!
Triton
4/10/2013 3:46pm
Amy,

You will get a not so warm welcome in these forums. Its the nature of the beast here. Your best best is to email the main person here, GuyB. Maybe you can work out an announcement for the main page. You will get more traffic there and less idiotic commentary. While I'll take a backlashing for this here, its fine. I'm a few legs up from most on this subject as I actually ride mx (most here don't) and I've worked in television/film on both sides (there are few here that have as well).

As for you guys, you don't have any idea what their plan is and I'm not sure they would entirely yet either. I'm assuming they are looking to put together the next part of their pitch. It's not uncommon to hold auditions to see what the potential is out there and then scope or tweak their concept around that pool. Everyone that I have worked with or met at MTV in the past have been good people that are doing their job.

Flame on!
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
4/10/2013 3:50pm
TripleFive wrote:
Casting? [img]http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3205/castingcouch.jpg[/img]
Casting?

Go hug a tree dude. Mainstream attention isn't always a good thing...
Outsider
4/10/2013 3:52pm
Triton wrote:
Amy, You will get a not so warm welcome in these forums. Its the nature of the beast here. Your best best is to email the...
Amy,

You will get a not so warm welcome in these forums. Its the nature of the beast here. Your best best is to email the main person here, GuyB. Maybe you can work out an announcement for the main page. You will get more traffic there and less idiotic commentary. While I'll take a backlashing for this here, its fine. I'm a few legs up from most on this subject as I actually ride mx (most here don't) and I've worked in television/film on both sides (there are few here that have as well).

As for you guys, you don't have any idea what their plan is and I'm not sure they would entirely yet either. I'm assuming they are looking to put together the next part of their pitch. It's not uncommon to hold auditions to see what the potential is out there and then scope or tweak their concept around that pool. Everyone that I have worked with or met at MTV in the past have been good people that are doing their job.

Flame on!
Teen Mom and 16 and pregnant

Yeah, I'm sure they want to do a killer Inside the Outdoors style show

Get real dude

Or, maybe you want to tryout
DanDunes818
4/10/2013 3:53pm
While I tend to agree with what Uptite wrote "Sounds like a show that will make moto families look like idiots and child abusers to me." , I think you guys are being a little harsh on Amy. Your rants and name calling aren't going to stop her from trying to do her best to exploit children and muddy up everything they touch. Wait, resume what you were doing.
RandyS
4/10/2013 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2013 4:19pm
Triton wrote:
Amy, You will get a not so warm welcome in these forums. Its the nature of the beast here. Your best best is to email the...
Amy,

Flame on!
Look at me ride I MX.

I've ridden twice in the last 3 years, first time since a few years in the mid 80s I haven't had a current bike, dating back to 1969. I was 48 and had a newborn so I decided to take a little while off. Does that make me less relevant? What about Bobby M, or Bauer. Roger DeCoster doesn't ride, what about him. I have never been close to as fast as any of them as are very few here But I would imagine that the average seat time of those here that don't ride or race regularly is somewhere in the 20-25 year range.
Triton
4/10/2013 4:22pm
RandyS wrote:
[b]Look at me ride I MX.[/b] I've ridden twice in the last 3 years, first time since a few years in the mid 80s I haven't...
Look at me ride I MX.

I've ridden twice in the last 3 years, first time since a few years in the mid 80s I haven't had a current bike, dating back to 1969. I was 48 and had a newborn so I decided to take a little while off. Does that make me less relevant? What about Bobby M, or Bauer. Roger DeCoster doesn't ride, what about him. I have never been close to as fast as any of them as are very few here But I would imagine that the average seat time of those here that don't ride or race regularly is somewhere in the 20-25 year range.
Based on the names you brought into the discussion you should very well know from here and even back to motodrive that saying most don't ride is a given and pointed at different vocal group here.

Bobby, Jay, Bauer, Dave K., the list goes on.. that's not the reference here. You are reading a little too much into it.
4/10/2013 4:27pm
TripleFive wrote:
You guys are idiots.

GET OUT OF HERE MAINSTREAM ATTENTION, WE DON'T WANT YOUR MONEY!
No attention is better than negative attention. MTV specializes in programs about teenagers who huff whipped cream cans and get knocked up at 15 these days. I really do not think they are looking to make shining examples of crazed moto-dads.

another thing. I happen to like that series "Inside the Outdoors" and applaud the effort behind it. and I'd hate to think a network like MTV stole their thunder in any way shape or form.

Let's face it, MTV hasn't been worth a shit since Kobain was alive.
Preston412
4/10/2013 4:28pm
Inside the Outdoors is good enough for me.
Triton
4/10/2013 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2013 4:32pm
Outsider wrote:
[b]Teen Mom and 16 and pregnant[/b] Yeah, I'm sure they want to do a killer Inside the Outdoors style show Get real dude Or, maybe you...

Get real dude

Understanding how closed off of a demographic is would be getting real. The vocal minority is always the loudest. There is a reason some shows work whether you like it or not. 16 and pregnant is definately not my kind of show but my wife and her friends eat it up. I'd have to assume we aren't talking about pregnant mx'ers here. I'd bet that the challenge of being that young and carrying has its own set of triumphs.

That said, this is the same network that produced and delivered Travis Pastrana even more to the masses. Do you also hate Nitro Circus? Or the shows that take real atheletes and help nobody's try to be great and teach them what they know. Moto was a part of that as well.

Who knows how they want to take the show, it couldn't be any worse than the behavior here and no less worse off than the wife swap episdode. If history, tradition, and mx value is what you want to hold on to and project out then stop being assholes and help the lady get the facts she needs so the picture is more in light of what you'd expect to see. If she is coming here then they are going ahead to make something at least to a pilot stage. Offer help, recommend good families that encompass what it is all about. After all you are all experts on who is who right? Dish up the families that would be best.
smoker
4/10/2013 4:37pm
RandyS wrote:
[b]Look at me ride I MX.[/b] I've ridden twice in the last 3 years, first time since a few years in the mid 80s I haven't...
Look at me ride I MX.

more like, "look at me, I know showbiz lingo and have talked to people at mtv so I know what's up"

"hey everybody, come see how good I look"
"I'm kindof a big deal, people know me"
Tracktor
4/10/2013 4:40pm
Outsider wrote:
[b]Teen Mom and 16 and pregnant[/b] Yeah, I'm sure they want to do a killer Inside the Outdoors style show Get real dude Or, maybe you...

Get real dude

Triton wrote:
Understanding how closed off of a demographic is would be getting real. The vocal minority is always the loudest. There is a reason some shows work...
Understanding how closed off of a demographic is would be getting real. The vocal minority is always the loudest. There is a reason some shows work whether you like it or not. 16 and pregnant is definately not my kind of show but my wife and her friends eat it up. I'd have to assume we aren't talking about pregnant mx'ers here. I'd bet that the challenge of being that young and carrying has its own set of triumphs.

That said, this is the same network that produced and delivered Travis Pastrana even more to the masses. Do you also hate Nitro Circus? Or the shows that take real atheletes and help nobody's try to be great and teach them what they know. Moto was a part of that as well.

Who knows how they want to take the show, it couldn't be any worse than the behavior here and no less worse off than the wife swap episdode. If history, tradition, and mx value is what you want to hold on to and project out then stop being assholes and help the lady get the facts she needs so the picture is more in light of what you'd expect to see. If she is coming here then they are going ahead to make something at least to a pilot stage. Offer help, recommend good families that encompass what it is all about. After all you are all experts on who is who right? Dish up the families that would be best.
So the fact that I had people riding at my track that had been through the audition process should count for less than your opinion because you have worked in the TV industry? From what I was told about what was wanted this is 100% pure white-trash TV. ..................... I will agree that I am not your typical demographic as I don't what any TV. We don't have one. I learned how to think for myself, thanks...................
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
4/10/2013 4:49pm
Triton wrote:
Amy,

Flame on!
Never watched an MTV reality show have yea? Go watch some of their in depth shows about MMA fighting and see if you want those people producing a mx show. I know guys that were good fighters that auditioned for them and they were flat out told no, you bring no drama. You're right, MTV in the past was good people doing their job, now their job is to bring you Mob Wives, 16 and Pregnent, all the geniouses that fill the real world house and of course that artistic greatness known as Jersey Shore.
Outsider
4/10/2013 4:53pm
Triton wrote:
Understanding how closed off of a demographic is would be getting real. The vocal minority is always the loudest. There is a reason some shows work...

You're bringing Pastrana into this? That doesn't even deserve an LOL

Watch pretty much any of these shows, and they are about exploitation and fake drama.

Why would we want to send a "good family" to be exploited?

But hey, on the flip side, maybe some families could make some coin on the deal. That would cool for them, but bad for the sport.
4/10/2013 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2013 5:37pm
This sport is hemorrhaging right infront of our eyes. How many teams folded this year? What happens when the energy drink boom turns south? We're in the middle of this sport's death throes and you morons immediately chase away an opportunity to bring MX to the homes of millions of people.

In case you r-tards didn't realize, controversy and stupidity sells. You jackholes snub your nose at shows like Honey Boo Boo and Teen Mom, yet if you look at it this sport is just as backwards and idiotic as the people in those two shows.

You guys ever noticed the crowd shots from the Supercross broadcasts? Do you ever read some of the posts on this forum?

Last week two prominent figures in the MX community fought each other with a rake and a tire changing stand. Low rent behavior occurs all of the time in this sport. If produced the right way this stuff would be FANTASTIC tv.

It seems like you dummies are terrified of exposing this sport's true colors. I say embrace it; it might be this sports saving grace.
qtrracer
4/10/2013 5:03pm
Her e-mail inbox is probably already full with mail from moto-dads from hell and honey boo boo type moms that think their kid is the only 1 break away from the big time. Reality tv producers don't care who they eat and spit out for ratings and money. And neither do many parents.

Post a reply to: CASTING - young MX riders and their families

The Latest