Fantasy
1676th
5/23/2019 6:32am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2019 6:33am
Flush this shit to the dumbgeon
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
5/23/2019 8:02am
It has been proven that electric vehicles and alternative sources of energy aren't as efficient made out to be. A wind mill for example requires way...
It has been proven that electric vehicles and alternative sources of energy aren't as efficient made out to be. A wind mill for example requires way more energy to build then it will ever efficiently produce. The costs of solar panels vs the 20 years it takes you get your return isnt worth it. Electric vehicles still require coal or nuclear power to charge. It's just California trying to throw there weight around with out using facts, or common sense
As it pertains specifically to the solar, in many cases the ROI is much, much better than 20 years. Two major factors are the price of electricity in an area, and the amount of annual sunshine in a given area.

North Dakota, for instance, has an average of about .09 a kWh for power, and due to long, harsh winters with lots of snow the panels are inefficient for months on end. From a cost only perspective, solar really isn't logical.
Hawaii, on the other hand, has an average cost of about .33 kWh and has very few days with poor weather. A solar system is crazy logical. On a purchase it can pay for itself in a just a couple years and on a lease immediately lowers the end users bill.

CA is much closer to HI than ND when it comes to solar. Not justifying what the kooks at CARB are suggesting, but there are lots of variables in play here.
Motoxdoc
5/23/2019 9:10am
Illinois has one of the highest tax burdens in the country.
The firemen in Orland Illinois NEED TO PANHANDLE TO SURVIVE.....
tprice07
5/23/2019 9:19am
tcannon521 wrote:
The reality is it is happening all over the world. We are probably 20 years away from ICE being completely replaced or outlawed. The only thing...
The reality is it is happening all over the world. We are probably 20 years away from ICE being completely replaced or outlawed. The only thing holding electric vehicles back is price and that is dropping substantially all the time.
It has been proven that electric vehicles and alternative sources of energy aren't as efficient made out to be. A wind mill for example requires way...
It has been proven that electric vehicles and alternative sources of energy aren't as efficient made out to be. A wind mill for example requires way more energy to build then it will ever efficiently produce. The costs of solar panels vs the 20 years it takes you get your return isnt worth it. Electric vehicles still require coal or nuclear power to charge. It's just California trying to throw there weight around with out using facts, or common sense
Brett where do you get your "facts"?

The Shop

mx617
5/23/2019 12:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2019 12:24pm
tcannon521 wrote:
The reality is it is happening all over the world. We are probably 20 years away from ICE being completely replaced or outlawed. The only thing...
The reality is it is happening all over the world. We are probably 20 years away from ICE being completely replaced or outlawed. The only thing holding electric vehicles back is price and that is dropping substantially all the time.
tprice07 wrote:
Infowars by the sounds of it...

Edit: I'm sorry guys, should have let this die the death it deserves.
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
5/23/2019 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2019 12:39pm
Isn’t weird how the government can push laws on pollution to its citizens but also support all of the oil companies and car manufacturers? Correct me...
Isn’t weird how the government can push laws on pollution to its citizens but also support all of the oil companies and car manufacturers?
Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure they can make ICE run much more efficiently then what they currently do. I’ve heard of guys making 200-250 mpg cars. Why is that not being persued? why is it that we are going cold turkey from ICE to Electric?

I’ll tell you why.. Greed. And that’s always why.
YEP ! 100% agree. 1983 Izusu "pup" diesel 8' bed mini truck, 40+ mpg fully loaded without trying. Fast forward 36 years later and I can't buy a mini truck that gets over 24 mpg empty. If they wanted us to have energy efficient cars and trucks we'd have them. Fuck this everything needs to be electric bullshit. It's all about money, not the environment or anything else, the bottom line is, the bottom line...$$$$$$

*no that's not mine, I can park a little better. But check the width of that thing, even parked like a total fucking moran it looks like he's still between the lines. Try that with a new Tacoma
KDXGarage
5/23/2019 12:49pm
To the bicycle guy / high horse guy:

How did that bike get here? Diesel burning ship / diesel burning UPS truck that drove on the roads your taxes helped pay for.

Every truck that drove a worker to the jobsite to build the bicycle shop or retailer that sold you the bike... gas/diesel, paved roads.

Do you buy food? How does it get to you? Perhaps by the roads that you pay taxes on?

Look around at every item in your precious snob den / home work office. How did they get there? Roads you helped pay taxes on.

Most thankful people you won't meet: co-workers in an office that don't have to put up with you on a daily basis.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
5/23/2019 4:58pm
KDXGarage wrote:
To the bicycle guy / high horse guy: How did that bike get here? Diesel burning ship / diesel burning UPS truck that drove on the...

How did that bike get here? Diesel burning ship / diesel burning UPS truck that drove on the roads your taxes helped pay for.

Every truck that drove a worker to the jobsite to build the bicycle shop or retailer that sold you the bike... gas/diesel, paved roads.

Do you buy food? How does it get to you? Perhaps by the roads that you pay taxes on?

Look around at every item in your precious snob den / home work office. How did they get there? Roads you helped pay taxes on.

Most thankful people you won't meet: co-workers in an office that don't have to put up with you on a daily basis.
some people look aroung at all that gas/diesel power and go 'yep that what it is and none of that can change'

Others look around and go 'things can be better'

Scientists and technology expertas are making it better. Just think where technology has come in the last 20 years... How many letter do people send across the country? Not many, but I bet that their were people like you in the 1980s and thought 'this is how it is, nothing can change'

Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
5/23/2019 4:59pm
tprice07 wrote:
mx617 wrote:

1.5 years for a one good solar panel to be carbon positive 'based on current electric grid carbon emission'
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
5/23/2019 5:01pm
Warming oceans cause climate to change for both hot and cold and more dramatic uncontrollable shifts...

Global Warming causes Climate Change.

Its a pretty basic concept, but in the infowars era education seems to be a thing of the past
Bigshow
5/23/2019 6:10pm
The Earth warmed up and then went into an ice age twice before man was here. It did it all on its own without man and his pollution. So I do not believe or buy that man and his pollution is the cause for global warming. History has proved that the earth goes through cycles of warming up and cooling down without man.
5/23/2019 6:20pm
tprice07 wrote:
mx617 wrote:

Zacka 161 wrote:
1.5 years for a one good solar panel to be carbon positive 'based on current electric grid carbon emission'
Did you know the UK buys USA grown hardwood to burn for energy to meet their renewable energy standards. They are clear cutting hardwood forests for energy..
SCR
5/23/2019 6:40pm
KDXGarage wrote:
To the bicycle guy / high horse guy: How did that bike get here? Diesel burning ship / diesel burning UPS truck that drove on the...

Zacka 161 wrote:
some people look aroung at all that gas/diesel power and go 'yep that what it is and none of that can change' Others look around and...
some people look aroung at all that gas/diesel power and go 'yep that what it is and none of that can change'

Scientists and technology expertas are making it better. Just think where technology has come in the last 20 years... How many letter do people send across the country? Not many, but I bet that their were people like you in the 1980s and thought 'this is how it is, nothing can change'

Here's a taste of modern technology for you. Trillions of bits of information being sent, stored, filed, forgotten about, yet forever being refilled and organized. Videos games, fantasy football, cat pictures, teenage arguments, and trillions of kilowatts of absolutely useless information.

Just a couple pictures of the many more to come millions of power sucking server farms, back up diesel generators, and giant air conditioning systems to try and keep all that modern green technology nice and cool.
They call it The Cloud. Out of site out of mind.

5/23/2019 6:48pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Zacka 161 wrote:
some people look aroung at all that gas/diesel power and go 'yep that what it is and none of that can change' Others look around and...

SCR wrote:
Here's a taste of modern technology for you. Trillions of bits of information being sent, stored, filed, forgotten about, yet forever being refilled and organized. Videos...
Here's a taste of modern technology for you. Trillions of bits of information being sent, stored, filed, forgotten about, yet forever being refilled and organized. Videos games, fantasy football, cat pictures, teenage arguments, and trillions of kilowatts of absolutely useless information.

Just a couple pictures of the many more to come millions of power sucking server farms, back up diesel generators, and giant air conditioning systems to try and keep all that modern green technology nice and cool.

Wow thats kinda cool.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/23/2019 6:52pm
Between this one and the Stewart thread it's nice to see all the worlds problems are being solved on vital today Sick
oldblood
5/23/2019 6:52pm
oldblood wrote:
SCR for Governor.
SCR wrote:
Ha Ha. Not me brother. A couple more years and I'm going to load up the old lady and the dog and find Petticoat Junction on...
Ha Ha. Not me brother. A couple more years and I'm going to load up the old lady and the dog and find Petticoat Junction on the map.
I thought you might post a pic of your XR75 on newmann's DG book of tricks thread, didn't it have a few parts on it? Anyway, I always appreciate your point of view.
SoCalMX70
5/23/2019 6:58pm
SCR wrote:
Here's a taste of modern technology for you. Trillions of bits of information being sent, stored, filed, forgotten about, yet forever being refilled and organized. Videos...

If you look closely you can see the tiny Vital server in the corner being powered by a hamster wheel.
SCR
5/23/2019 7:41pm
SCR wrote:

SoCalMX70 wrote:
If you look closely you can see the tiny Vital server in the corner being powered by a hamster wheel.
Right. I feel bad for that hamster every Saturday there's a race. You know he's had it when Vital starts bogging.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/23/2019 7:53pm
SCR wrote:

A lot of these data centers are using natural gas powered engines with 3-way catalysts for back up power. Emissions are almost nothing...

Rich burn natural gas engines have similar load acceptance as a diesel. Can go from dead to full rpm/load in 10 seconds (Microsoft and Apple requirements..)
SCR
5/23/2019 8:10pm
oldblood wrote:
SCR for Governor.
SCR wrote:
Ha Ha. Not me brother. A couple more years and I'm going to load up the old lady and the dog and find Petticoat Junction on...
Ha Ha. Not me brother. A couple more years and I'm going to load up the old lady and the dog and find Petticoat Junction on the map.
oldblood wrote:
I thought you might post a pic of your XR75 on newmann's DG book of tricks thread, didn't it have a few parts on it? Anyway...
I thought you might post a pic of your XR75 on newmann's DG book of tricks thread, didn't it have a few parts on it? Anyway, I always appreciate your point of view.
I don't know if your thinking of mine or not. I have a couple but they aren't much to look at yet. The 78 is really clean and has a torque Engineering pipe and a 95cc powrl big bore. Have new cables and a bunch of other stuff but it ended up in line with the rest to get restored along with a couple mini endoro 60s and my Dads 71 TS250. The ugly one with white handle bars and a 83 tank has CR80 forks, DG replica chromoly swing arm and 13 inch mullholand shocks but it's mostly just mocked up so far. I did have a DG snake pipe and a nice set of 13 inch Fox Airs I sold to a member that had a red line frame xr he was doing.
I keep getting involved in other projects and the bikes get put off. If Newman would let go of one of those C&J frames he has I might get re motivated.

How about an 86 Schwinn 14" BMX. Bought in new for my 3 year old daughter and hung it in the garage when she was done. I took it down last October and rebuilt it with some cool peices for my 3 yr old Grandson.

oldblood
5/23/2019 8:28pm
SCR wrote:
oldblood wrote:
I thought you might post a pic of your XR75 on newmann's DG book of tricks thread, didn't it have a few parts on it? Anyway...
SCR wrote:
I don't know if your thinking of mine or not. I have a couple but they aren't much to look at yet. The 78 is really...
I don't know if your thinking of mine or not. I have a couple but they aren't much to look at yet. The 78 is really clean and has a torque Engineering pipe and a 95cc powrl big bore. Have new cables and a bunch of other stuff but it ended up in line with the rest to get restored along with a couple mini endoro 60s and my Dads 71 TS250. The ugly one with white handle bars and a 83 tank has CR80 forks, DG replica chromoly swing arm and 13 inch mullholand shocks but it's mostly just mocked up so far. I did have a DG snake pipe and a nice set of 13 inch Fox Airs I sold to a member that had a red line frame xr he was doing.
I keep getting involved in other projects and the bikes get put off. If Newman would let go of one of those C&J frames he has I might get re motivated.

How about an 86 Schwinn 14" BMX. Bought in new for my 3 year old daughter and hung it in the garage when she was done. I took it down last October and rebuilt it with some cool peices for my 3 yr old Grandson.

Maybe I have my wires crossed (ha haha no pun intended), I was thinking of the one pictured at the Simi Valley track around 1976 or so? There was a Ford Bronco involved. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?
SCR
5/23/2019 8:41pm
oldblood wrote:
SCR wrote:
I don't know if your thinking of mine or not. I have a couple but they aren't much to look at yet. The 78 is really...

oldblood wrote:
Maybe I have my wires crossed (ha haha no pun intended), I was thinking of the one pictured at the Simi Valley track around 1976 or...
Maybe I have my wires crossed (ha haha no pun intended), I was thinking of the one pictured at the Simi Valley track around 1976 or so? There was a Ford Bronco involved. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?
Valley Cycle Park ? The manager chased me down with his Bronco and ripped me a new one for riding my xr75 on the BMX track. Was that you that pulled out the photo of the Bronco after I told the story. You and your brother raced BMX there if I remember. That was in that cool old scool.BMX thread.
I think I posted a picture I found at my parents house of racing my xr there but that one was stock.
That thread was full of cool stuff.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2067th
5/23/2019 10:28pm
SCR wrote:

Brad460 wrote:
A lot of these data centers are using natural gas powered engines with 3-way catalysts for back up power. Emissions are almost nothing... Rich burn natural...
A lot of these data centers are using natural gas powered engines with 3-way catalysts for back up power. Emissions are almost nothing...

Rich burn natural gas engines have similar load acceptance as a diesel. Can go from dead to full rpm/load in 10 seconds (Microsoft and Apple requirements..)
Also that is showing a user of energy, a data centre we all specifically benefit from every day. Maybe look into how many terrorist plots have been foisted without any of us knowing about it.... a lot more than a silly wall would stop... and these data centres play a pretty important role in it.

So generating clean energy to power them and decentralising power generation to many more smaller clean power stations is key to clean air. Regardless of people’s beliefs in climate change, air position is bad for the people that breath it... EVs are a pretty important way to clean up the American air which is a direct health hazard to the American people, the majority of which live in cities
oldblood
5/23/2019 10:45pm
SCR wrote:

Brad460 wrote:
A lot of these data centers are using natural gas powered engines with 3-way catalysts for back up power. Emissions are almost nothing... Rich burn natural...

Zacka 161 wrote:
Also that is showing a user of energy, a data centre we all specifically benefit from every day. Maybe look into how many terrorist plots have...
Also that is showing a user of energy, a data centre we all specifically benefit from every day. Maybe look into how many terrorist plots have been foisted without any of us knowing about it.... a lot more than a silly wall would stop... and these data centres play a pretty important role in it.

So generating clean energy to power them and decentralising power generation to many more smaller clean power stations is key to clean air. Regardless of people’s beliefs in climate change, air position is bad for the people that breath it... EVs are a pretty important way to clean up the American air which is a direct health hazard to the American people, the majority of which live in cities
"Silly wall"?
oldblood
5/23/2019 10:48pm
I wonder how many years it will take to fully understand electrical pollution and the effects on the environment and the human body. (El Cancer)
KDXGarage
5/23/2019 11:53pm
Zacka 161 wrote:
Also that is showing a user of energy, a data centre we all specifically benefit from every day. Maybe look into how many terrorist plots have...

Would you be OK with an air wall, so that the American air can stay in America, and the bad air from China can be kept out?

Sorry to stoop down to where it makes sense to you.

Good luck to us all with CARB.
Robgvx
5/24/2019 2:52am
SCR wrote:

SoCalMX70 wrote:
SCR wrote:
Right. I feel bad for that hamster every Saturday there's a race. You know he's had it when Vital starts bogging.
That hamster croaks every September at MXdN time...
SCR
5/24/2019 10:14am
SCR wrote:

Brad460 wrote:

Zacka 161 wrote:

That is showing a user of energy. ?
That's quite an understatement.
I guess my point is that while a lot of people think that Switching to EVs, banning plastic straws, and bringing your own environmentally friendly bags made with petroleum by products to the store is the answer to preventing a scorched earth climate melt down. There seems to be complete ignorance toward all the so called technological advancementioned happening that demands massive power comsumption and environmental destruction.
Facebook, Amazon, Google, Apple, and thousands of other Company's claim to be green clean energy Companies. In fact they are likely the largest polluters on the planet. And when we by and use their products and service so are we. People shame the guy with the dirt bike or the 68 chevy truck but not the guy sitting at home in the air conditioned house all day writing blogs and playing video games on the big screen TV that are connected through one of those giant servers.
The carbon footprint and environmental damage caused between this thread and the James Stewart retirement thread is probably worse than the damage I'm about to cause driving my 12 mi per gallon truck down the street to get a $1.50 cup of Joe in a disposable cup made with petroleum products that will probably cost $9.00 once we stop drilling oil.
I really don't know. But, I know there are a lot of moving parts and potential unintended consequences. And things are not as simple as solar panels, windmills, and battery storage.

CDswinehart
5/24/2019 11:13am
I thought it was commonly well known that battery manufacture was a fairly energy intensive process with a very large carbon footprint. Batteries of all types. This from a battery manufacturing client of mine. Oh well....

Post a reply to: CARB chief threatens to ban internal combustion engines

The Latest