C. Pourcel vs. Paulin

SlowMoFo
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2012 6:49am
What is the beef between these two? I heard the commentator during the broadcast mention that these two don't really like each other to the point that Paulin commented to a local magazine "I don't respect Pourcel as a person". Wonder what happened between them.
|
PressPassP
9/9/2012 8:12am
Paulin didn't think Pourcel's commitment wasn't there at last years Nations,they've had a couple of scrapes on the track too
9/9/2012 8:45am
Yeah they had a run in at one of the earlier rounds this year too, I think Portugal maybe?? I know they had some sort of bar banging at one of the races and Pourcel was fuming. It's been downhill ever since. Whether that goes back further to something previously, idk.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
9/9/2012 9:43am
why a US team would try to sign this pourcel guy is beyond me. The dude is wierd and a spoiled brat.
kongols
9/9/2012 9:46am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
why a US team would try to sign this pourcel guy is beyond me. The dude is wierd and a spoiled brat.
Well, it is beyond you.

The Shop

chrisbuehler
9/9/2012 9:55am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
kongols wrote:
Well, it is beyond you.
I was actually a fan of Pourcel's when he was over here. He's poetry on the bike, one of the fastest MX2 rider's I have ever seen when he's on. Something is lacking with him the past couple years though. Maybe all the career hardships he's had are wearing him down. From almost being paralyzed to losing 2 outdoor titles the way he did, I could understand the fire not being there anymore. A little off-topic but who's faster Paulin or Frossard?
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
9/9/2012 9:58am Edited Date/Time 9/9/2012 9:59am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
kongols wrote:
Well, it is beyond you.
I was actually a fan of Pourcel's when he was over here. He's poetry on the bike, one of the fastest MX2 rider's I have ever...
I was actually a fan of Pourcel's when he was over here. He's poetry on the bike, one of the fastest MX2 rider's I have ever seen when he's on. Something is lacking with him the past couple years though. Maybe all the career hardships he's had are wearing him down. From almost being paralyzed to losing 2 outdoor titles the way he did, I could understand the fire not being there anymore. A little off-topic but who's faster Paulin or Frossard?
watching most of the gps this year and last i would say frossard. Paulin has been struggling last few races and frossard is out with a injury.
jamma10
9/9/2012 10:01am
I would say Frossard is the faster of the two.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1233rd
9/9/2012 10:35am
jamma10 wrote:
last year?
PressPassP
9/9/2012 11:50am
jamma10 wrote:
Shenzi wrote:
last year?
Frossard is arguably the fastest French rider of them all,shame the guys from the US on here won't get to see him at the Nations for a 2nd year running this year,at times he has had more out and out raw speed than anyone in the 450 class,2 years of shit luck with injuries is harsh
9/9/2012 11:59am
I'd say Frossard as well. Thought he was going to be a real title contender this year until his injury.
chrisbuehler
9/9/2012 12:07pm
I'd say Frossard as well. Thought he was going to be a real title contender this year until his injury.
What happened?
9/9/2012 12:28pm
What happened?
Tore his ACL and meniscus in the qualifying race at the second round of the championship. He had surgery to clean up his knee and remove the ACL, then tried to do the next few rounds but couldn't manage it.
9/9/2012 12:43pm
Yeah they had a run in at one of the earlier rounds this year too, I think Portugal maybe?? I know they had some sort of...
Yeah they had a run in at one of the earlier rounds this year too, I think Portugal maybe?? I know they had some sort of bar banging at one of the races and Pourcel was fuming. It's been downhill ever since. Whether that goes back further to something previously, idk.
It was in France.

Pourcel complained about a kind of move (from Paulin) he would never have complained when he was racing in the US Nationals Outdoors...
9/9/2012 12:44pm
PressPassP wrote:
Paulin didn't think Pourcel's commitment wasn't there at last years Nations,they've had a couple of scrapes on the track too
Well, Paulin wasn't exactly the only one in France to think that...
9/9/2012 12:46pm
PressPassP wrote:
Frossard is arguably the fastest French rider of them all,shame the guys from the US on here won't get to see him at the Nations for...
Frossard is arguably the fastest French rider of them all,shame the guys from the US on here won't get to see him at the Nations for a 2nd year running this year,at times he has had more out and out raw speed than anyone in the 450 class,2 years of shit luck with injuries is harsh
Frossard is the real deal.
Neutra
9/9/2012 1:57pm
Paulin is recognized as one of the friendliest rider in the pits. I would take his words way before Pourcel's
PressPassP
9/9/2012 2:59pm
What happened?
Tore his ACL and meniscus in the qualifying race at the second round of the championship. He had surgery to clean up his knee and remove...
Tore his ACL and meniscus in the qualifying race at the second round of the championship. He had surgery to clean up his knee and remove the ACL, then tried to do the next few rounds but couldn't manage it.
2011 he missed the last round due to a chest injury and also the MXdN, (won 2 GPs 5 podiums,2nd overall,and won the Italian MX1 Chanpionship!)
HenryA
9/10/2012 5:05am
Well Pourcel said straight out on the podium earlier this year: "I don't like that guy".
9/10/2012 6:45am
Dirt_Dawg wrote:
probably because he is one of the very few riders in the world that has proven he can run with and beat the best riders in america (Dungey, canard, barcia etc)
mccread
9/10/2012 6:49am
Pretty strange that they don't like each other at all. Wonder if that was part of the reason Boog is now on the Nations team plus the fact CP doesn't like the sand.

Frossard would have been brilliant this year and at the nations last year, shame he got hurt. Prob the fastest of the three of them.

Paulin should be more consistent next season too.

Post a reply to: C. Pourcel vs. Paulin

The Latest