Bye bye Fox Sports...

Wandell
11/9/2018 8:03am
Well, Vital members just got what it always wanted - no more Ralph or Emig Whistling
Yep. Always be careful of what you wish for because you just might get it one day. A lot of the people complaining about the recent SX coverage don't remember the 90's or even the 80's coverage!
Aj528
11/9/2018 8:12am
Wouldn't be shocked if they air Main Events only on a channel like NBC Sports; with Heats, etc only being available with a NBC Gold type...
Wouldn't be shocked if they air Main Events only on a channel like NBC Sports; with Heats, etc only being available with a NBC Gold type of subscription...
zehn wrote:
I would be Plus, I’ve seen more than one poster here say they want that so they don’t have to sit through 3 hour broadcasts. On...
I would be

Plus, I’ve seen more than one poster here say they want that so they don’t have to sit through 3 hour broadcasts. On Vital. A place where the supposed “core” fans congregate.
peelout wrote:
nobody can sit through 3 hours of a Supercross broadcast without fast forwarding or falling asleep. going to them Live is different because you can get...
nobody can sit through 3 hours of a Supercross broadcast without fast forwarding or falling asleep. going to them Live is different because you can get up and take a piss or grab a beer during the Semi or LCQ or the downtime in between. i record them so i can skip all the bullshit.

i'm as core as it gets, but the full show just isn't that good.
I guess this confirms the opinion that I’m a nobody. I sit glued to the TV from the morning practice sessions through the last lap of the 450 maim. Anytime bikes are on track I’d like to see!

Also I feel like it’d be easier to grab a beer or take a piss at home? Doubt the lines are as long..
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
11/9/2018 8:28am
peelout wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/09/301345/s1200_you.jpg[/img]

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Nice one Peely!

The Shop

Trickamoto
11/9/2018 8:40am
zehn wrote:
I would be Plus, I’ve seen more than one poster here say they want that so they don’t have to sit through 3 hour broadcasts. On...
I would be

Plus, I’ve seen more than one poster here say they want that so they don’t have to sit through 3 hour broadcasts. On Vital. A place where the supposed “core” fans congregate.
peelout wrote:
nobody can sit through 3 hours of a Supercross broadcast without fast forwarding or falling asleep. going to them Live is different because you can get...
nobody can sit through 3 hours of a Supercross broadcast without fast forwarding or falling asleep. going to them Live is different because you can get up and take a piss or grab a beer during the Semi or LCQ or the downtime in between. i record them so i can skip all the bullshit.

i'm as core as it gets, but the full show just isn't that good.
Aj528 wrote:
I guess this confirms the opinion that I’m a nobody. I sit glued to the TV from the morning practice sessions through the last lap of...
I guess this confirms the opinion that I’m a nobody. I sit glued to the TV from the morning practice sessions through the last lap of the 450 maim. Anytime bikes are on track I’d like to see!

Also I feel like it’d be easier to grab a beer or take a piss at home? Doubt the lines are as long..
I'm with AJ. I've got all the time in the world for SX Saturdays.
11/10/2018 5:11pm
Drtbykr wrote:
In Canada, there were three commercials, all channel self promotion. R U Faster than a Redneck?!
Well crap, probably gonna have to pay to watch.
I'll race you right now!
DAG
11/10/2018 7:09pm
Hope Kristen makes the cut. She has a strong motorsports background coming from a moto family and her time in NASCAR.
Texas Built
11/10/2018 10:01pm
Brodcast them a week later on ESPN with Art and David.
Tim507
11/11/2018 4:18pm
Pay per view...NBCSport Gold, for us hardcore addicts this is perfect. The downside, it won't grow the sport with new viewers. We'll pay, new viewers will not.....
mb60
11/11/2018 5:13pm
DAG wrote:
Hope Kristen makes the cut. She has a strong motorsports background coming from a moto family and her time in NASCAR. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/11/10/301692/s1200_41837516935_4621826652_b.jpg[/img]
Hope Kristen makes the cut. She has a strong motorsports background coming from a moto family and her time in NASCAR.
Is this the girl on the enduro cross broadcast ? If so god help us if she is on the sx broadcast. I had to stop the recording and go back and listen to what she said. LOL
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/11/2018 5:16pm
Its NBCSN, and neither Jeff nor Ralph has a contract yet.
wanglimp
11/11/2018 7:37pm
All you ppl willing to pay are crazy. I'm a huge fan, but I don't have the money to throw away every week to watch no matter how much i love it. Some of us just can't do it. And spare me the "oh it's only XX amount of money". I already pay for TV in some aspect. Let's just keep it on a main channel.
bents
Fantasy
909th
11/11/2018 8:51pm
NBCSN sucks for all of Canada so I guess we better hope for the NBC Gold Sports App. Love it anyway.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/11/2018 10:43pm
wanglimp wrote:
All you ppl willing to pay are crazy. I'm a huge fan, but I don't have the money to throw away every week to watch no...
All you ppl willing to pay are crazy. I'm a huge fan, but I don't have the money to throw away every week to watch no matter how much i love it. Some of us just can't do it. And spare me the "oh it's only XX amount of money". I already pay for TV in some aspect. Let's just keep it on a main channel.
I get what you're saying however not everyone has access to channels like Fox Sports 1/2 or NBC Sports because the service providers don't have them so paying for an app like the NBC Sports Gold App is our only option.

I pay a lot for my TV Satellite package and yet none of those channels are made available to me. I don't mind paying for something when it's a quality product/service.

I've been paying for the Gold App ever since it came out a couple years ago and I don't regret it. The races are commercial free, you can watch them whenever you want and it sure as hell beats trying to find a stream online that you don't know when or if it'll be taken down. Obviously that's not an issue if you don't watch the races live since you can find them online later in the day or the following day but in my case I do like to watch the races live so paying for that service makes sense.

I'm really hoping it's made available for 2019 SX. Feld has an online service available but if NBC comes along and offers the Gold App for SX I'd much rather pay for that since I already know the kind of service they provide.
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
11/12/2018 4:46am
wanglimp wrote:
All you ppl willing to pay are crazy. I'm a huge fan, but I don't have the money to throw away every week to watch no...
Not going to tell anyone how to spend their money, if you and anyone else finds what ever you are paying a value, good, but saying someone is crazy for spending 50 bucks for exactly what they want to watch with zero commercials well I disagree when that person is paying what $80+ a MONTH and more for 50+ channels jammed with commercials, now that is crazy.
FIREfish148
11/12/2018 5:46am
That would be cool to see David Bailey and Weege or Langston and Weege in the booth. maybe have Emig work the track talk or Jason Lawrence.
Payup_199
11/12/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2018 6:15am
Brodcast them a week later on ESPN with Art and David.
ART and DAVID were the best. I still love watching all the old races. Snocross was great on ESPN with those guys too!
TommyLee93
11/12/2018 6:17am
That would be cool to see David Bailey and Weege or Langston and Weege in the booth. maybe have Emig work the track talk or Jason...
That would be cool to see David Bailey and Weege or Langston and Weege in the booth. maybe have Emig work the track talk or Jason Lawrence.
No, just no.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
11/12/2018 4:53pm
That would be cool to see David Bailey and Weege or Langston and Weege in the booth. maybe have Emig work the track talk or Jason...
Too each his own but i find weege to be the most annoying of any announcer option regardless of who he's partnered with.
11/12/2018 6:04pm
mooch wrote:
Too each his own but i find weege to be the most annoying of any announcer option regardless of who he's partnered with.
I like wedge, Langston rambles on like a drunk uncle.. that being said I thought he was ok at RBSR.
I like Ralph and Jeff too.. I feel like Ralph and MC would be a great pair.
wanglimp
11/12/2018 7:00pm
Markee wrote:
Not going to tell anyone how to spend their money, if you and anyone else finds what ever you are paying a value, good, but saying...
Not going to tell anyone how to spend their money, if you and anyone else finds what ever you are paying a value, good, but saying someone is crazy for spending 50 bucks for exactly what they want to watch with zero commercials well I disagree when that person is paying what $80+ a MONTH and more for 50+ channels jammed with commercials, now that is crazy.
I'm already selectively paying for only the things I want to watch. What I'm saying is crazy, is ppl advocating for another pay to view thing without consideration to the masses. My guess is there are less moto fans willing to pay extra for something that could just as easily be free. Which is what Fox was for me. I did the sports gold because I was out of country most of the outdoors and I did like the way it worked. I just don't want another thing.

Post a reply to: Bye bye Fox Sports...

The Latest