Buying from Wish

dwight955
Edited Date/Time 11/3/2019 11:01am
Hello everyone.
Has anyone here bought anything off Wish?
Have you had any problems?
I am not so much worried about getting a cheap knock off pair of goggles as I am about my credit card getting hacked.
|
motoGleamer
Fantasy
499th
11/2/2019 8:07am
I havent ever personally used the site but on youtube one of the golfers I watch bought a taylormade driver off the website and it was a flat out fake. The thing broke after like 10 swings.

Also, with the goggles you may think it doesnt matter but if you get fake lenses you could be exposing your eyes directly to UV and causing substantial damage that you may not even be aware of until its too late. Or even worse they could allow roost to penetrate through and strike your eyes.
shuggs
11/2/2019 8:08am
Used to buy from there but no use JOOM due to no shippings costs. I always check prices on other sites as not everything from China is cheaper.

Dont know about goggles but I did take a chance on grips and will never buy them again.
seven10
Fantasy
1256th
11/2/2019 8:32am
I’ve bought a bunch to stuff from wish and I have never had my card hacked.
As far as quality of stuff.
I bought some stuff that I use all the time and they work great and I have bought some stuff that is flat out cheap as hell and never worked at all!
kb228
11/2/2019 8:39am
Wish is chinese junk. Go rmatv for your stuff

The Shop

Ridelow
Fantasy
201st
11/2/2019 8:40am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2019 8:45am
I havent ever personally used the site but on youtube one of the golfers I watch bought a taylormade driver off the website and it was...
I havent ever personally used the site but on youtube one of the golfers I watch bought a taylormade driver off the website and it was a flat out fake. The thing broke after like 10 swings.

Also, with the goggles you may think it doesnt matter but if you get fake lenses you could be exposing your eyes directly to UV and causing substantial damage that you may not even be aware of until its too late. Or even worse they could allow roost to penetrate through and strike your eyes.
I agree with buying knockoffs is not worth it.. but the UV agrument with shitty fake googles/glasses is not correct. even the 1$ RayBucks you get in Thailand will protect your eyes as well as a expensive prizm lens from Uv/UVA radiaton.

My concern would be shitty lens fitment and rocks and dirt getting into your eyes

Also, the whole sunglasses business is a scam and we are getting fooled.. search luxotica and mafia....

Source for UV argument : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG7aBul033I
kage173
11/2/2019 8:41am
Hit or miss. I bought a Jersey and pants. Look great and lasted. I get non essentials that wont cause injury if they fail.

Its getting better and better. Used to take forever to deliver. Now its quick and they even have local stores setup for pick up.
Moto Mofo
11/2/2019 9:52am
Does anyone else see those crazy Wish advertisements on Facebook? I know damn well that I have never Googled crack pipes, but they sure as hell targeted me when it came time to advertise one.
Ray_MXS
11/2/2019 10:54am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2019 10:56am
Wow.

You guys are actually worried about credit card hacks and poor quality and not human rights or the quality of life for the people who make them? How much do you think a worker gets paid per hour to make a 1$ pair of RayBan clones?

It's not rocket science figuring out the stuff that is so cheap is just garbage quality but I would never order from those places from the ethics of it alone.

Also, support local manufacturers so people stop ordering junk from these poor countries.
FWYT
11/2/2019 11:01am
Man, I was wondering about knock off goggles. . . . . . a friend gave me a pair of (quality name brand) that
he said he got cheap. Brand new and *looked* like the real thing. Two rides later with NO falls and not getting
hit with anything other than Pala sand, the lens had a huge crack running top to bottom. Holy shit . . . imagine
if I had actually got hit by a rock?! Yikes!!!
xrmark
11/2/2019 11:13am
I ordered a pack of 100 stickers off of wish once for my laptop and random shit. Took about 4 months to get here but it was only 7 bucks lol I would never order anything off of it again. Takes too long and even the stickers are pretty bad quality. Even for 7 bucks
JM485
11/2/2019 11:51am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Wow. You guys are actually worried about credit card hacks and poor quality and not human rights or the quality of life for the people who...
Wow.

You guys are actually worried about credit card hacks and poor quality and not human rights or the quality of life for the people who make them? How much do you think a worker gets paid per hour to make a 1$ pair of RayBan clones?

It's not rocket science figuring out the stuff that is so cheap is just garbage quality but I would never order from those places from the ethics of it alone.

Also, support local manufacturers so people stop ordering junk from these poor countries.
Or if that doesn’t do it for you, how about the fact that a lot of stuff is a blatant rip-off of a product that another company spent a lot of time and money designing. It’s amazing what people will justify in their own heads, but it’s theft plain and simple. You should know by now though there’s a lot of questionable morals around this place, just go take a look in the Savatgy/Tomac thread. . .
Redrcr34
11/2/2019 11:56am
xrmark wrote:
I ordered a pack of 100 stickers off of wish once for my laptop and random shit. Took about 4 months to get here but it...
I ordered a pack of 100 stickers off of wish once for my laptop and random shit. Took about 4 months to get here but it was only 7 bucks lol I would never order anything off of it again. Takes too long and even the stickers are pretty bad quality. Even for 7 bucks
I ordered the same thing but were suppose to be old moto stickers like dg, hi point and a lot of vintage stickers from 70’s racing. They sent a butch of random 90’s crap cartoon stuff, never again.
rohleder644
11/2/2019 12:24pm
To each their own, but I’ll keep my dollars in the ever struggling moto industry. Feel free to drive the actual companies out of business in favor of the knock off’s.
Skuzzy29
11/2/2019 12:45pm
Moto Mofo wrote:
Does anyone else see those crazy Wish advertisements on Facebook? I know damn well that I have never Googled crack pipes, but they sure as hell...
Does anyone else see those crazy Wish advertisements on Facebook? I know damn well that I have never Googled crack pipes, but they sure as hell targeted me when it came time to advertise one.
You get crack pipes?

I get hot women in latex! ::dunno::
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
11/3/2019 6:12am
I get clothes and shoes off Wish.

Got a knock off pair of Yeezy 350’s for 11 bucks. I’ve also got some ASRV and Nike clothes super cheap.

You have to wade through the bullshit to find the stuff that is obviously the same shit, made in the same factory, but had a last run made with the logo changed or deleted. That stuff is high quality because it’s the same product you would get here in the Nike or Adidas store.

Safety related products and moto gear? No way.
40acres
11/3/2019 9:41am
Buy American!!!! Support our country and our job force.
Name 5 American companies in the moto industry. And not "american owned", but actually manufacture their moto specific parts/gear/accessories in the United States.
BenC711
11/3/2019 10:02am
40acres wrote:
Name 5 American companies in the moto industry. And not "american owned", but actually manufacture their moto specific parts/gear/accessories in the United States.
Pro circuit, ODI, Guts Racing, No Toil, do FMF manufacture in the US?
Doddy
11/3/2019 11:00am
40acres wrote:
BenC711 wrote:
Pro circuit, ODI, Guts Racing, No Toil, do FMF manufacture in the US?
Lectron carbs, pipe companies, seat cover companies, graphic companies, Hoosier tires, Cycra plastic, gas tanks, lever/ pedal/peg companies, and more.

It's disgusting that this is even a thread...
rohleder644
11/3/2019 11:26am
40acres wrote:
Also.....American owned companies still put dollars in the American economy.

I’m a big fan of keeping my dollars local. However, that wasn’t my point. American or not, let’s give our dollars to the companies that are heavily investing in the moto scene, rather than letting those companies get blatantly ripped off.
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
11/3/2019 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2019 12:47pm
Here is my logic.

If Nike and Adidas are going to sub their labor to China, then I have no hard feelings about going around them to buy their product without badging from the factory directly.

If anything, that IS American! If enough people go around these companies and buy direct from the shady manufacturer, then maybe the clothing companies will realize that they need to bring production back to the US where their product won’t be sold by the factory around them!?!?

I enjoy penalizing these companies for using shady 3rd world labor. Cool

Post a reply to: Buying from Wish

The Latest