Buyers beware

Related:
Create New Tag

4/4/2019 5:33 PM

newmann wrote:

Did anyone call off all the Vitard Army heading to the DFW to beat the shit out of the pressure wash guy?

OMG I haven't laughed so hard in months

|

4/4/2019 5:46 PM

Why not have factory connection guy in PA call factory connection guy in WA to see where the bullshit is coming from? If they work for the same company should be pretty simple for him to call them up and say "hey did you guys just redo all this suspension and you tell this guy that its all good?" I see this wasnt done correctly and then FC should cover it.

|

4/4/2019 5:51 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Hmm? Seems this thread turned about 180 degree's from where I thought it was going. From what I have seen and read , was that Patsy bought a pretty well used set of A-kit , for a pretty cheap price and Cody even had them serviced " before " he sent them out. And Jake up here at FC knows his shit extremely well , and if he said that stuff was ok.....then that is all I need to know.

2 questions :

1.) How could you buy a set of A-kit , let it sit for 4 months , have a seal leak and then complain?

2.) Why would Jake at FC here , have a completely different point of view on that suspension from 4 months ago , compared to what the other FC shop is seeing now?

They seemed to of been in good shape 4 months ago , but now they are trashed? I smell some bullshit going on.

Patsy154 wrote:

So it sat for 4 months because i live in NJ and was just able to finally ride with the weather so there was no ride time on them until recently.

When i called FC directed by cody prior to pruchase. I had asked if the stuff was in good condition, if he had it serviced recently and was told yes and it was in good condition. Nothing was mentioned to me from cody nor FC that there were blemishes/scratches/scuffs in the coating on the lower fork tubes and that the coating on the shock was completely worn, and everyone is forgetting i got a set of clamps that are completely unusable without the right parts for the right bike.

So everyone is bashing on me here but what really happened is i got the suspension, hit cody up and told him the lowers were hammered, he didn’t answer, i deal with it and put the stuff on my bike to find out the stem on the clamp is incorrect or needs other hardware not provided bu the seller, after installing it i test rode ONE HOUR, the rear feels soft and there is a slight leak in the forks so i send them to FC to get them fixed and deal with it. When i found out i would need a new set if lower tubes at $900 per tube plus install and also new coating on my shock my jaw dropped and i then created this thread. Up until i found out i had to spend an additional 2k+ in parts i was going to pay for the revalve and freshup, chalk it the fuck up and deal with it but instead i figured id let everyone here know what im dealing with since the price of this suspension doubled. Instead i get bashed lol this is a good community.

JBernard_401 wrote:

How is the coating on the shock 'completely worn off'. That's a high contact point and unless you're buying a new shock body or one with an hr on it, that's going to happen. Doesn't happen on CRF small res, or yzf due to it being tucked inside the frame further. Plus, it looks like it does in the photos, so he didn't mislead. And its completely cosmetic on top of that, not like the shock shaft is fubar'd.

Those lowers don't need to be replaced. That's silly. It looks like FC has already polished the knick out so now you just have a polished out blemish.

I could care less about the coating on the resi im talking about the dlc coating on the shock shaft

|

4/4/2019 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/4/2019 5:56 PM

I have a been a member on here for over 10 years. I rarely post but i visit vital everyday and usually scroll through the message board too.

If this thread doesnt make it into the Vital hall of fame i'm out.

|

4/4/2019 5:57 PM

Oh this is a good read. Subscribbbedddd

|

4/4/2019 6:53 PM

I dont think that Factory Connection has any culpability in this situation

|

4/4/2019 7:18 PM

Patsy154 wrote:

I could care less about the coating on the resi im talking about the dlc coating on the shock shaft

Whats wrong with the dlc on the shock shaft?

And what do you mean by the triple clamps don't work, if you dont mind me asking.

|


-'09 KX500AF

- '14 KTM300SX

4/4/2019 7:22 PM

I don’t understand why the seller paid $1300 to get the set serviced and then sold it for $1500. He could have thrown this set on here without service for $1200-1500 and probably sold it within a day for two. He could have sold just the lugs for $200 and maybe the triple clamps for $250.

|

4/4/2019 7:52 PM

Pure gold

|

4/4/2019 7:58 PM

I've dealt with FC twice. Both times, was treated fairly, they did what they could to save me a bit of scratch. Honest people. Seller got a smoking deal on all the work and parts. I think $1500, sellers was losing money. Sounded like a fair deal, when it comes to A kit stuff. I can't ride fast enough to use that stuff!

|

4/4/2019 8:07 PM

If only we had an esquire around here to settle this matter.

|

4/5/2019 6:22 AM

Please keep this going

|

4/5/2019 7:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2019 7:49 AM

This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of bullshit.

I once sold a chain guide to a guy in Vegas, as in new condition. A month later he was furious with me because it had scuffs from a chain running through it while the bike was pushed from the showroom floor into my truck, and then into my garage. I thought it was a part for his dirt bike, not a fucking decoration. I offered to refund him 100% of his money back so that he’d just go away but he refused, and continued to berate me. People are strange.

|

4/5/2019 7:33 AM

121ANM wrote:

Please keep this going

I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5536769-Not-a-Happy-Camper...-Buyer-Beware-dirtbaggg

|

4/5/2019 7:46 AM

Leave Factory Connection out of this FFS

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

4/5/2019 7:47 AM

121ANM wrote:

Please keep this going

aeffertz wrote:

I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5536769-Not-a-Happy-Camper...-Buyer-Beware-dirtbaggg

jesus.

Man I miss VW days. I built a super clean mk2

|

4/5/2019 8:06 AM

Anyone else having issues seeing page 1? I get the gist, but I'd really like to read the first page of this shitshow.

|

2020 Make Leftists Cry Again

4/5/2019 9:11 AM

fourfourone wrote:

jesus.

Man I miss VW days. I built a super clean mk2

Yeah, I completely restored a MK1 but sold it a few years back. Just recently started modding my MK6 again, fun toys!

|

4/5/2019 11:54 AM

aeffertz wrote:

I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5536769-Not-a-Happy-Camper...-Buyer-Beware-dirtbaggg

fourfourone wrote:

jesus.

Man I miss VW days. I built a super clean mk2

aeffertz wrote:

Yeah, I completely restored a MK1 but sold it a few years back. Just recently started modding my MK6 again, fun toys!

Digging my Mach6. It's mildly mod'd but so much better car than stock. APR Stage2, VWR springs/shocks and some good rubber.

|

4/5/2019 12:58 PM

121ANM wrote:

Please keep this going

aeffertz wrote:

I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5536769-Not-a-Happy-Camper...-Buyer-Beware-dirtbaggg

Please tell me you got your money back from that idiot , and please tell me he's dead! My god , who acts like that?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/5/2019 1:14 PM

This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on the open market for $1,500? This has been the part that's been a real head scratcher. Either someone is lying about something or it is literally the stupidest sale in the history of MX. Are we sure the OP didn't also buy a parakeet with its head taped on from this guy too?

|

2017 CRF450r

4/5/2019 1:18 PM

MOTO732 wrote:

This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on the open market for $1,500? This has been the part that's been a real head scratcher. Either someone is lying about something or it is literally the stupidest sale in the history of MX. Are we sure the OP didn't also buy a parakeet with its head taped on from this guy too?

I think the $1500 was for the other set he had for sale. I may be wrong on this because I can't read the first page.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

4/5/2019 1:28 PM

MOTO732 wrote:

This entire scenario makes about zero sense. Why in the hell would you invest $1,300 in suspension parts just to turn around and sell them on the open market for $1,500? This has been the part that's been a real head scratcher. Either someone is lying about something or it is literally the stupidest sale in the history of MX. Are we sure the OP didn't also buy a parakeet with its head taped on from this guy too?

Pretty bird, pretty bird

|

4/5/2019 1:44 PM

Lets leave Billy in 4-C out of this

|

4/5/2019 2:00 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of bullshit.

I once sold a chain guide to a guy in Vegas, as in new condition. A month later he was furious with me because it had scuffs from a chain running through it while the bike was pushed from the showroom floor into my truck, and then into my garage. I thought it was a part for his dirt bike, not a fucking decoration. I offered to refund him 100% of his money back so that he’d just go away but he refused, and continued to berate me. People are strange.

Yup!

Went thru this with some shit-bag I’d sold a helmet to. That was the end of e-bay/Craig’s for me.

I don’t sell any of my stuff on the web anymore. I sell it to people I know.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/5/2019 2:43 PM

Why Brett Que had a baby and didn't name her Fuh is beyond me. Sweet baby Fuh.

|

4/5/2019 2:56 PM

121ANM wrote:

Please keep this going

aeffertz wrote:

I had a similar thing happen to me years ago buying some car parts. Except I was right and the seller was the one being shady. He shows up in the thread and starts making death threats! It’s a good morning read.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5536769-Not-a-Happy-Camper...-Buyer-Beware-dirtbaggg

Man, you can't leave us hanging! How did that ordeal end and what did you do with the bumpers? Entertaining read btw, that guy was a real piece of work.

|

4/5/2019 2:57 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

This is probably why WP Factory Services will no longer deal with the public. I’m sure FC really wants to be involved with this kind of bullshit.

I once sold a chain guide to a guy in Vegas, as in new condition. A month later he was furious with me because it had scuffs from a chain running through it while the bike was pushed from the showroom floor into my truck, and then into my garage. I thought it was a part for his dirt bike, not a fucking decoration. I offered to refund him 100% of his money back so that he’d just go away but he refused, and continued to berate me. People are strange.

TeamGreen wrote:

Yup!

Went thru this with some shit-bag I’d sold a helmet to. That was the end of e-bay/Craig’s for me.

I don’t sell any of my stuff on the web anymore. I sell it to people I know.

I've given things away to avoid the hassle of selling them. Sometimes I swear I come out ahead!

|

4/5/2019 3:07 PM

dean122 wrote:

Man, you can't leave us hanging! How did that ordeal end and what did you do with the bumpers? Entertaining read btw, that guy was a real piece of work.

PayPal refunded me after I showed proof of shipment back to the seller, thankfully!

|

4/5/2019 3:47 PM

I use to sell a lot of stuff on eBay and some forums but don’t really bother anymore. I sell a few sim racing related items on the iRacing forum but that is about it. I either sell to people I know or pass it along to family members. Things like this seem to happen all to often anymore.

|