Building leg endurance

aees
10/12/2020 12:07pm
Monk wrote:
Wut? Weights for sure will increase both muscle strength and muscular endurance...

Aerobic endurance too, just to a lesser degree...
aees wrote:
Not to sustain a 20min race. It will help with strength, but the time it will take to build up stamina by increase of reps is...
Not to sustain a 20min race. It will help with strength, but the time it will take to build up stamina by increase of reps is to long to make an impact in moto. Waste of time.

Triathlon guys realized the lack of impact from high rep strength training a long time ago. They where in forefront.
Monk wrote:
Maybe at some higher elite level that would be true, but with a relatively new beginner, virtually any kind of strength training is going to be...
Maybe at some higher elite level that would be true, but with a relatively new beginner, virtually any kind of strength training is going to be beneficial on the bike.

Saying it's a waste of time, not even close to being accurate...
It is a waste of time, if it can be done better. You can spend 4 times a week doing 20-30 reps exercises and get no where after 6 months.

You can get it to a level where it saves the first minutes in a moto, but not the last 10-20min.

Lot of genetics involved, but he way he describe his status it would be a waste of time doing it different than what I wrote.
Rotaholic
10/12/2020 12:09pm
Put on a weighted vest, find the biggest set of stairs you can, and walk up and down them till your legs spasm lol
Monk
10/12/2020 12:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2020 12:20pm
aees wrote:
Not to sustain a 20min race. It will help with strength, but the time it will take to build up stamina by increase of reps is...
Not to sustain a 20min race. It will help with strength, but the time it will take to build up stamina by increase of reps is to long to make an impact in moto. Waste of time.

Triathlon guys realized the lack of impact from high rep strength training a long time ago. They where in forefront.
Monk wrote:
Maybe at some higher elite level that would be true, but with a relatively new beginner, virtually any kind of strength training is going to be...
Maybe at some higher elite level that would be true, but with a relatively new beginner, virtually any kind of strength training is going to be beneficial on the bike.

aees wrote:
It is a waste of time, if it can be done better. You can spend 4 times a week doing 20-30 reps exercises and get no...
It is a waste of time, if it can be done better. You can spend 4 times a week doing 20-30 reps exercises and get no where after 6 months.

You can get it to a level where it saves the first minutes in a moto, but not the last 10-20min.

Lot of genetics involved, but he way he describe his status it would be a waste of time doing it different than what I wrote.
I don't endorse a high rep gym protocol. And I wouldn't because like you said, it's a waste of time. Nor do I prescribe a 4x a week gym routine either. I agree with your original statement, but instead of just 1 day a week I would do 2. For most, it's easier to go to the gym for a hour or two then it is to go ride motos.

AE448
10/12/2020 12:58pm
aees wrote:

Monk wrote:

aees wrote:
It is a waste of time, if it can be done better. You can spend 4 times a week doing 20-30 reps exercises and get no...

Sorry but your advice is poor. High rep/light weight workouts do very much work, especially if you encorporate them into a circuit style workout...10 secs rest between exercises etc. Grab a lightish kettlebell and download the kettlebell app and tell me you aren't puffing after 20 mins...plus your muscles will be sore the day after if you're not used to it. We all have our opinions but to say it's a waste of time is wrong.

The Shop

aees
10/12/2020 1:15pm
Monk wrote:

aees wrote:

AE448 wrote:
Sorry but your advice is poor. High rep/light weight workouts do very much work, especially if you encorporate them into a circuit style workout...10 secs rest...
Sorry but your advice is poor. High rep/light weight workouts do very much work, especially if you encorporate them into a circuit style workout...10 secs rest between exercises etc. Grab a lightish kettlebell and download the kettlebell app and tell me you aren't puffing after 20 mins...plus your muscles will be sore the day after if you're not used to it. We all have our opinions but to say it's a waste of time is wrong.
The above is how you trained in the 80 and parts of 90s. Complete waste of time today.

You will be in zone 3 and zone 4 most of the time, and way to short intervals compared to what you should be.
Does it make a difference for someone that is completely untrained? Yes. Is it a waste of time compared to doing it the right way? Absolutely.

So sorry, you have no clue what you are talking about.
Camp332
10/12/2020 1:57pm
In the month of Squatober, we squat heavy Bro!
AE448
10/12/2020 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2020 2:19pm
aees wrote:

AE448 wrote:
Sorry but your advice is poor. High rep/light weight workouts do very much work, especially if you encorporate them into a circuit style workout...10 secs rest...
aees wrote:
The above is how you trained in the 80 and parts of 90s. Complete waste of time today. You will be in zone 3 and zone...
The above is how you trained in the 80 and parts of 90s. Complete waste of time today.

You will be in zone 3 and zone 4 most of the time, and way to short intervals compared to what you should be.
Does it make a difference for someone that is completely untrained? Yes. Is it a waste of time compared to doing it the right way? Absolutely.

You need to tell Aldon Baker he's been training his champions wrong all these years. LaughingLaughing
10/12/2020 7:13pm
I think height plays a big part. Guys like RC could stand with a slight bend in his knees where tall guys like Travis P199 had...
I think height plays a big part. Guys like RC could stand with a slight bend in his knees where tall guys like Travis P199 had to keep his bent around 125 degrees. My unprofessional advice would be to get some taller bars or bar mounts along with the workout stuff.
Yeah your totally right. I,m 6,2 with lower pegs and taller triple clamp, it helps. But your legs are at a angle to get pumped up. Everyone has some great ideas, that I will try. Simple thing like put your back against a wall and crouch your legs and hold it. Until it hurts. I would like to know what Damon Huffman did, for leg strength. I try to mimick his style. I still stand a lot, just sit for corners.
CG118
10/12/2020 9:24pm
I think height plays a big part. Guys like RC could stand with a slight bend in his knees where tall guys like Travis P199 had...
I think height plays a big part. Guys like RC could stand with a slight bend in his knees where tall guys like Travis P199 had to keep his bent around 125 degrees. My unprofessional advice would be to get some taller bars or bar mounts along with the workout stuff.
Yeah your totally right. I,m 6,2 with lower pegs and taller triple clamp, it helps. But your legs are at a angle to get pumped up...
Yeah your totally right. I,m 6,2 with lower pegs and taller triple clamp, it helps. But your legs are at a angle to get pumped up. Everyone has some great ideas, that I will try. Simple thing like put your back against a wall and crouch your legs and hold it. Until it hurts. I would like to know what Damon Huffman did, for leg strength. I try to mimick his style. I still stand a lot, just sit for corners.
Interesting consideration——-shorter guys being more efficient.
CG118
10/12/2020 9:34pm
aees wrote:

AE448 wrote:
aees wrote:
The above is how you trained in the 80 and parts of 90s. Complete waste of time today. You will be in zone 3 and zone...

aees

Lots of interesting and effective training advice in this thread. Chill out bruh. No need to attack Monk, or anyone else. Just throw out some good free advice, rather than measuring yourself.
aees
10/13/2020 2:34am
AE448 wrote:
aees wrote:

CG118 wrote:
aees Lots of interesting and effective training advice in this thread. Chill out bruh. No need to attack Monk, or anyone else. Just throw out some...
aees

Lots of interesting and effective training advice in this thread. Chill out bruh. No need to attack Monk, or anyone else. Just throw out some good free advice, rather than measuring yourself.
My attitude is a reflection of others behavior.

Post a reply to: Building leg endurance

The Latest