Budget Tires - Tested Tusk EMEX 35 & 45

Edited Date/Time 5/31/2021 8:42am
I usually only run Dunlop tires but I had an enduro race this past weekend and wanted to run a fresh set of tires so I ordered the new Tusk EMEX just to get my through the race but I think these will be my new go to.

Starting with installation, they were a breeze to install. The EMEX 35 is a softer compound and I used it for the front. It reminded me of the MX 33. The rear is the EMEX 45 and is an intermediate/hard compound which reminds me of the old MX 71.

The race used a portion of MX track, GP style and then turned into the gnarliest single track I’ve ever ridden. Overall, the tires performed amazing and for the price you can’t beat them. Basically you get two for the price of one. I thought for sure the rear tire would be toast since there were some sections where I was burning out the tire to get up some rocky hills but it looks great.
|
gt80rider
4/1/2021 10:55am
I've never run them, but a buddy digs his.
Goofy Foot
4/1/2021 10:58am
I usually only run Dunlop tires but I had an enduro race this past weekend and wanted to run a fresh set of tires so I...
I usually only run Dunlop tires but I had an enduro race this past weekend and wanted to run a fresh set of tires so I ordered the new Tusk EMEX just to get my through the race but I think these will be my new go to.

Starting with installation, they were a breeze to install. The EMEX 35 is a softer compound and I used it for the front. It reminded me of the MX 33. The rear is the EMEX 45 and is an intermediate/hard compound which reminds me of the old MX 71.

The race used a portion of MX track, GP style and then turned into the gnarliest single track I’ve ever ridden. Overall, the tires performed amazing and for the price you can’t beat them. Basically you get two for the price of one. I thought for sure the rear tire would be toast since there were some sections where I was burning out the tire to get up some rocky hills but it looks great.
Vogt Ranch?
4/1/2021 11:00am
gt80rider wrote:
I've never run them, but a buddy digs his.
That’s rad! I’m just stoked on value. Usually, cheap tires = poor performance but that’s not the case here. I still love my Dunlop’s but Tusk is definitely a good alternative for the budget oriented riders.
4/1/2021 11:00am
I usually only run Dunlop tires but I had an enduro race this past weekend and wanted to run a fresh set of tires so I...

Goofy Foot wrote:
Vogt Ranch?
Yeah! Place is amazing!

The Shop

Munson'd
Fantasy
1083rd
4/1/2021 12:44pm
I’ve been curious about these. Those will be my next tires. Thanks for the review
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
4/1/2021 3:41pm
If you have a Dunlop pro dealer that matches rmatv pricing you can get Dunlop’s for $55-$65 each after rebates.
mirramaxx
4/2/2021 9:56am
Cool to hear its like the MX71 I loved that tire, I make have to try these !
Rickyisms
4/2/2021 10:23am
The STI Tech 2 pro is another excellent budget tire.
gkelm
5/31/2021 5:55am Edited Date/Time 5/31/2021 5:57am
Thanks for posting...good to hear this! Just ordered a T-35 set for one of our KLX110 bikes.
cmotodad
5/31/2021 8:42am
Yes, the new STI's are a good tire that is not far from Dunlop performance but last longer.for me.
LungButter
5/31/2021 10:58am
HackMan162 wrote:
Just don't weigh them.
Yeah....

I have 2 wheel sets. Right now one has a set of Maxxis Desert IT front and rear, haven't weighed them but gotta be one of the heavier tires on the market.

My other set has a set of Michellin Starcross Medium front and rear, one of the lightest tires available, it's pretty wild how much different (read: better) the bike handles and turns with the 2 different sets.

*I'm not claiming to be some Keefer=esque tester by any means, this is just a pretty drastic difference in my opinion.

Post a reply to: Budget Tires - Tested Tusk EMEX 35 & 45

The Latest