Budds Creek practice this weekend

sandtrack315
3/5/2019 8:54am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2019 5:50am
Anyone ride there during the week? How's the track prep?
|
JBecker 72
3/5/2019 9:05am
Weekday practice is very hit or miss. More often than not the prep is little to none unless it’s a weekend and the weather is nice.

We are supposed to be going there Monday if the weather holds up.
DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
3/5/2019 9:08am
All he does is make it as wide as a dozer. Hard pack, narrow & doesn't touch the faces.
cousinskeet
3/5/2019 10:02am
Weekday prep is normally nonexistent. Your best bet is to go a day or two after a rain. He will usually clear a goat trail the first day after a rain then as more people come it will eventually widen. Oh and do not read his fb posts because the track is always prime. Lol. Happy riding.
JBecker 72
3/5/2019 10:19am
Weekday prep is normally nonexistent. Your best bet is to go a day or two after a rain. He will usually clear a goat trail the...
Weekday prep is normally nonexistent. Your best bet is to go a day or two after a rain. He will usually clear a goat trail the first day after a rain then as more people come it will eventually widen. Oh and do not read his fb posts because the track is always prime. Lol. Happy riding.
“If you get mud on your boots the ride is free” Laughing

The Shop

GregDVT
3/5/2019 10:31am
It’s been fine the past few times I’ve been, but sometimes you have to cut the track cuz he’s working on a section. There are also usually less than 10 people during weekdays so you can do the track in sections easily. Wicomio is 2 miles down the road and may be a better option. They have a vet and advanced track aswell as trails.

Right after the national seems to be the best time. He tills the dirt and fixes the faces.
KDXGarage
3/5/2019 12:39pm
What does it cost to ride at Budd's Creek?

Any more info on Wicomio?

Thanks.
cousinskeet
3/5/2019 12:40pm
Weekday prep is normally nonexistent. Your best bet is to go a day or two after a rain. He will usually clear a goat trail the...
JBecker 72 wrote:
“If you get mud on your boots the ride is free” Laughing
Lol. Yeah try finding him after you start riding ???
cousinskeet
3/5/2019 12:43pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks.
$40 to ride at budds. Wicomico has a lot of trails. They have 2 mx tracks that are not very well cared for. Like an afterthought. But tons of trails.
JBecker 72
3/5/2019 12:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 12:53pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks.
$40 at Budds, $45 at Wicomico.

I go to Wicomico every now and then because it’s got something everyone can ride. And my girlfriend and my friends kids can’t really go to a normal open practice day at a place that only has 1 track. The trails are fun and not too rocky, though I’m sure they are a swampy mess right now. The intermediate track is a complete joke. The big track is what most would consider a vet track, no big jumps or anything difficult. Don’t expect much in the way of prep there. Compared to Budds the tracks are about as complete opposite as you get.
GregDVT
3/5/2019 12:52pm
Ya if it has rained recently the tracks at wicomico will have flooded spots. Also a place in Easton called “The landing” but it is only open sundays.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
3/5/2019 1:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2019 2:01pm
What direction is it running this year? Last April I Vintage raced there and we were going clockwise... and most of the jumps weren't.. lol. Then the National went the other direction.. Heading there again next month. Any info is appreciated.
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack..
JBecker 72
3/5/2019 2:15pm
Steve125 wrote:
What direction is it running this year? Last April I Vintage raced there and we were going clockwise... and most of the jumps weren't.. lol. Then...
What direction is it running this year? Last April I Vintage raced there and we were going clockwise... and most of the jumps weren't.. lol. Then the National went the other direction.. Heading there again next month. Any info is appreciated.
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack..
It’s running counter clockwise right now. I hate when they run it the other way.
WW444
3/5/2019 2:42pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks.
JBecker 72 wrote:
$40 at Budds, $45 at Wicomico. I go to Wicomico every now and then because it’s got something everyone can ride. And my girlfriend and my...

I go to Wicomico every now and then because it’s got something everyone can ride. And my girlfriend and my friends kids can’t really go to a normal open practice day at a place that only has 1 track. The trails are fun and not too rocky, though I’m sure they are a swampy mess right now. The intermediate track is a complete joke. The big track is what most would consider a vet track, no big jumps or anything difficult. Don’t expect much in the way of prep there. Compared to Budds the tracks are about as complete opposite as you get.
Geeeez.$40 and $45?? And here I am complaining that my local tracks went up to 25 from 20.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
3/5/2019 3:00pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks.
JBecker 72 wrote:
$40 at Budds, $45 at Wicomico. I go to Wicomico every now and then because it’s got something everyone can ride. And my girlfriend and my...

WW444 wrote:
Geeeez.$40 and $45?? And here I am complaining that my local tracks went up to 25 from 20.
I bitched when it went from $20 to $25 and even more when everyone went up to $30. I made the exception to ride at Zaca every once in a while for $50, then $40 when they dropped it. But $40 and $45 every time? No thanks. I'll stick to the highdez at that point!
JBecker 72
3/5/2019 3:03pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks.
JBecker 72 wrote:

WW444 wrote:
And they are getting that for an unprepared track. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told the track would be mint, you get there and it’s complete shit, and you still have to fork over full price. Seriously, Beasley (Budds Creek owner) pulls that stunt all the time.
MX114
3/5/2019 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2019 7:42pm
Early June 2013 I get a call from a buddy saying he rented the track for the next day and i was welcome to come ride cause he knew my LL regional was going to be there a few weeks later. Packed up the truck and left Upstate NY after work got to Budds about midnight everything was pitch dark couldn’t see shit when I pulled in. My buddy’s were already past out inside the anncouncers tower (there’s living quarters upstairs) so I threw an air mattress on the deck and slept under the stars. Woke up at daylight too see It was untouched from the last race and rock hard! And when I say rock hard it was straight up concrete and the few spots that at least weren’t like riding on a freeway were complete dust bowls. Rode a few 20’s and bounced. It sucked!! Was back home in NY by dinner time. Few weeks later went back down for the regional and it was the most injuries in one race weekend I’ve ever seen. There was even a thread on here about how dangerous it was and dudes getting hurt. The let the track go from Friday’s practice right thru Sunday with no attempts at keeping things safe for a big race like that. The track crew was non existent. It was constant people getting weeded up. After that I told myself I’d never go back. Raced there allot in the 90’s early 2000’s and it was always bad ass! Ripped red loamy clay always well prepped, it was the stuff of moto dreams. Not so much any other time I went there after that era.
Schenk829
3/5/2019 4:28pm
there isn’t really a lot of options during the week in the north east... I know budds can be beat sometimes but props to Beasley to having it open if you need to spin some laps! But He should put up pictures of the track to show conditions, it would be a bummer making a long trip there expecting a good track
3/5/2019 5:23pm
All i hear is a bunch of whining from some lamers with sand in their vadge
motogrady
3/5/2019 6:35pm
And they wonder why the Euros are so good.
PRM31
3/5/2019 7:43pm
JBecker 72 wrote:
Weekday practice is very hit or miss. More often than not the prep is little to none unless it’s a weekend and the weather is nice...
Weekday practice is very hit or miss. More often than not the prep is little to none unless it’s a weekend and the weather is nice.

We are supposed to be going there Monday if the weather holds up.
What he said.

I much prefer riding Tomahawk
DTR830
Fantasy
1131st
3/5/2019 7:43pm
KDXGarage wrote:

Thanks.
JBecker 72 wrote:

WW444 wrote:
NJMP Field of dreams is $65
Naanak
3/5/2019 8:23pm
JBecker 72 wrote:

WW444 wrote:
DTR830 wrote:
NJMP Field of dreams is $65
Only if you don’t have the membership. Same concept as Blue Diamond was. I hate spending $40 to ride but it’s the only option besides pits.
yzcrkxrm
3/5/2019 10:45pm
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I was at Budds 5 times in January and it was good to great everytime. It's not going to be perfect but what is in January on the northeast? I drive 5 hours to get there so I'd be pissed if it wasn't at the very least decent. You guys should try Englishtown that place is chopped up and rutted by 2pm. Not to mention you can only ride 15 mins every hour.
EEracer117
3/6/2019 3:24am
Maybe this is the wrong time but... having just moved to md, besides budds I have no idea where to ride. Anywhere else besides what’s already posted? Thanks in advance
JBecker 72
3/6/2019 4:35am
yzcrkxrm wrote:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I was at Budds 5 times in January and it was good to great everytime. It's not...
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I was at Budds 5 times in January and it was good to great everytime. It's not going to be perfect but what is in January on the northeast? I drive 5 hours to get there so I'd be pissed if it wasn't at the very least decent. You guys should try Englishtown that place is chopped up and rutted by 2pm. Not to mention you can only ride 15 mins every hour.
Tomahawk. That place is typically prepped much better.
yzcrkxrm
3/6/2019 4:56am
I heard Tomahawk was also a great track but it's loam and he mixes in wood chips which is not one my favorite terrains to ride on. I plan on hitting it at some point this season just to check it out.
JBecker 72
3/6/2019 5:31am
yzcrkxrm wrote:
I heard Tomahawk was also a great track but it's loam and he mixes in wood chips which is not one my favorite terrains to ride...
I heard Tomahawk was also a great track but it's loam and he mixes in wood chips which is not one my favorite terrains to ride on. I plan on hitting it at some point this season just to check it out.
Definitely check it out. I’d much rather ride there than Budds typically. Membership is $50 and then rides are $25 with a couple $10 days a month.

But yes it’s usually pretty loamy and has wood chips mixed in. It’s also a more traditional motocross track in that it’s faster and has less extreme jumps.
yzcrkxrm
3/6/2019 6:04am
Sounds good, but faster than Budds? I often find myself in 4th gear on my 450 at Budds.
JBecker 72
3/6/2019 6:09am
yzcrkxrm wrote:
Sounds good, but faster than Budds? I often find myself in 4th gear on my 450 at Budds.
I use 4th on my 450 at both tracks. Tomahawk just seems to flow better and have jumps that require a lot of speed to clear. Compared to Budds where you have steeper jump faces and more jumps.
BobPA
3/6/2019 6:13am
JBecker 72 wrote:

WW444 wrote:
JBecker 72 wrote:
And they are getting that for an unprepared track. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told the track would be mint, you get there...
And they are getting that for an unprepared track. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve been told the track would be mint, you get there and it’s complete shit, and you still have to fork over full price. Seriously, Beasley (Budds Creek owner) pulls that stunt all the time.
I see people constantly bitching at him of Facebook. Quite funny actually.

Post a reply to: Budds Creek practice this weekend

The Latest