Budds Creek law suit

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
9/1/2020 10:27pm
Anyone been to budds creek lately? Or am I in the wrong thread?
Technically, you’re in the wrong thread. I started it because I saw they had a lawsuit filed against and them and it hadn’t been mentioned. It spiraled into healthcare debate.
9/3/2020 2:02am
As the indemnity form says at my local track 'motorcycling is a dangerous sport and involves the risk of serious injury and/or death' people seem to forget that fact
omalley
9/3/2020 5:56am
As the indemnity form says at my local track 'motorcycling is a dangerous sport and involves the risk of serious injury and/or death' people seem to...
As the indemnity form says at my local track 'motorcycling is a dangerous sport and involves the risk of serious injury and/or death' people seem to forget that fact
Exactly. Someone alluded to this earlier, but I’ll mention it again. No one forced me to go ride. Once at the track, no one forces me to send a certain jump or hold on longer before braking.

The only time I would be ok with a lawsuit is if a track owner parkes a dozer on the back side of a blind jump, then drops a gate (or similar obviously negligent activity). I get that this is easy to define on paper but not as easy to classify in function, but c’mon. The fact that a track has a difficult jump or sketchy section means you take note and either do or don’t do it, which is on the rider.

Unfortunately we are now at a point where everyone wants someone to blame for everything. Someone alluded to (essentially) “if you had huge medical bills you’d sue too”...well, I guess if that wasn’t ok with you, you should find another hobby. We make a choice to ride/race, a choice to buy a bike, a choice on protective gear, etc. blaming the track owner in most cases is bullshit.

And yes, I know that many times it’s the insurance company, not the rider...that’s a whole different discussion.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Budds Creek law suit

The Latest