66th
3/4/2020 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2020 5:56am
Just saw this on Facebook.
|
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
3/4/2020 5:17pm
I was there that day. Track was perfect. Kid crashed late in the day in what I assumed was the corner after Big Gulp. There's a little pop up just before the corner. They Life Flighted the kid away and I heard he's paralyzed.
I was worried this might happen.. wtf.
Fonzarelli
3/4/2020 5:22pm
Ambulance chasers don't care about the inherent dangers of MX or waivers or anything, they care about making your life so miserable that you sign a settlement just to get it over with.
Electro21
Fantasy
66th
3/4/2020 5:24pm
Sucks he got hurt, but there’s always risk riding. I hope it doesn’t hurt Budds Creek. I love living pretty close to that place for watching the Nationals.
Yeti831
3/4/2020 5:34pm
Is it the kid's family or insurance attorneys?

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
66th
3/4/2020 5:39pm
Yeti831 wrote:
Is it the kid's family or insurance attorneys?
No clue. I just follow them on FB since it’s the one race I can attend each year. I wanted to spread the word to help out Budds Creek.
Trav138
3/4/2020 7:05pm
I have no idea but wouldn't surprise me If the insurence company rats are going after him.
Really sucks for everyone involved from the sounds of it.
Hope it works out for Budds
JustMX
3/5/2020 5:24am
Not always the insurance company, and if Beasley is serious about defending against a lawsuit he should be listing his attorney's contact info.

I would also think that he would have all the contact info of any participants from that event and could easily find witnesses that way instead of a mx forum.

That is exactly what the plantiff's team is going to do.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
3/5/2020 6:24am
What social media outlet does Budds use now for ride days? Is the track still doing everyday of the week like last year? Follow on instagram and I rarely see post regarding open times.
3/5/2020 7:31am
Markee wrote:
What social media outlet does Budds use now for ride days? Is the track still doing everyday of the week like last year? Follow on instagram...
What social media outlet does Budds use now for ride days? Is the track still doing everyday of the week like last year? Follow on instagram and I rarely see post regarding open times.
Follow Jonathan Beasley on Facebook and the budds creek fb page, budds creek motocross park I think. Jonathan does live videos almost daily, sometimes multiple times, showing the track and stuff. He’s been doing a really good job and just got some new equipment for the track.
byke
3/5/2020 8:02am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 8:03am
Steve125 wrote:
I was there that day. Track was perfect. Kid crashed late in the day in what I assumed was the corner after Big Gulp. There's a...
I was there that day. Track was perfect. Kid crashed late in the day in what I assumed was the corner after Big Gulp. There's a little pop up just before the corner. They Life Flighted the kid away and I heard he's paralyzed.
Can you expand on this? Because their lawyer will almost certainly see this thread and would try to use "I was worried this might happen" as implying there was something in relation to the track conditions that made the accident foreseeable. Me, on the other hand, I just read your comment as implying that the life flight heli ride indicated something bad was going to come of it, like being paralyzed or whatever.

There's a phrase about morals being a wonderful thing, if you can afford them. Everyone knows the track gets rough at the end of the day and people get tired and my guess is that if he's paralyzed, he's looking at a mountain of debt with very little to no income and simply can't afford them. It's a really unfortunate position to be in for both parties.
Mr. Info
3/5/2020 8:34am
With this type of injury and cost the insurance company wants to recoup its cost or losses that’s business.
The families cost incurred could be more than they have coverage for and then the family has future cost to properly care for him the rest of his life.
This is why cost to practice and race at tracks go up because of liability insurance.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
3/5/2020 8:35am
^It certainly is unfortunate, and the likely medical bills certainly are onerous, but none of that is the fault of Budds Creek, nor should it be Jon's burden to bear. If the rider chose to operate a motorcycle on a race course with obstacles for the purposes of enjoyment, it's on him to have the skills to avoid crashing. Nobody forced him to ride.
sandtrack315
3/5/2020 9:52am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 9:53am
I hope the injured rider recovers and Budd's Creek doesn't have a lawsuit.

The combination of a litigious country with private sector health insurance is clearly bad for motocross tracks. Even without incident, I imagine liability insurance for the track owner is more expensive in the US than elsewhere.
user760a
3/5/2020 9:58am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 9:58am
This just happened a few weeks ago and already the insurance company is filing suit? doubt it.
probably the family and greedy ambulance chaser looking to get some money out of this
unfortunate deal
zippytech
3/5/2020 10:21am
Some day maybe some how some way, that when a person signs a waver it will be 100% on the person that signed it no questions asked.
zippytech
3/5/2020 10:24am
JustMX wrote:
Not always the insurance company, and if Beasley is serious about defending against a lawsuit he should be listing his attorney's contact info. I would also...
Not always the insurance company, and if Beasley is serious about defending against a lawsuit he should be listing his attorney's contact info.

I would also think that he would have all the contact info of any participants from that event and could easily find witnesses that way instead of a mx forum.

I have never been asked for any info other than a print and sign and pay the fee to get in. At any track.
keinz
3/5/2020 10:25am
Only in America.
Hope that kid gets well. but seriously?
GregDVT
3/5/2020 10:50am
When I was there 10/26/19 a kid got life flighted off of the top of big gulp. That jump has claimed quite a few people. Regardless it’s an inherent danger of the sport
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
3/5/2020 10:54am
JustMX wrote:
Not always the insurance company, and if Beasley is serious about defending against a lawsuit he should be listing his attorney's contact info. I would also...

zippytech wrote:
I have never been asked for any info other than a print and sign and pay the fee to get in. At any track.
Where are you located? Most places around here you have to put phone number and address as well.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
3/5/2020 10:55am
Steve125 wrote:
I was there that day. Track was perfect. Kid crashed late in the day in what I assumed was the corner after Big Gulp. There's a...
byke wrote:
Can you expand on this? Because their lawyer will almost certainly see this thread and would try to use "I was worried this might happen" as...
Can you expand on this? Because their lawyer will almost certainly see this thread and would try to use "I was worried this might happen" as implying there was something in relation to the track conditions that made the accident foreseeable. Me, on the other hand, I just read your comment as implying that the life flight heli ride indicated something bad was going to come of it, like being paralyzed or whatever.

There's a phrase about morals being a wonderful thing, if you can afford them. Everyone knows the track gets rough at the end of the day and people get tired and my guess is that if he's paralyzed, he's looking at a mountain of debt with very little to no income and simply can't afford them. It's a really unfortunate position to be in for both parties.
I was implying that my fear was a lawsuit was coming, not because of track negligence or track conditions, but rather that it wouldn't be the first time someone went after a track due to an accident. JB had the track prepped perfectly that day, absolutely no ruts or kickers on any jump faces, no equipment in the way causing a hazard, and running separate groups to prevent too many riders at a time on the track.
I hope that is clear now.
Hank_Thrill
3/5/2020 11:05am
I wish there was free medical care for people with serious sport injuries. The number of GoFundMe and lawsuits are getting high.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
3/5/2020 1:33pm
I wish there was free medical care for people with serious sport injuries. The number of GoFundMe and lawsuits are getting high.
I understand the good intent but in reality nothing is free so who is going to pay for it? Will doctors, nurses and technicians do it for free? Will the supplies be given by charitable donation? I’m actually somewhat for basic healthcare being socialized but we cannot ask others to be taxed to pay for the consequences of our decisions.
JustMX
3/5/2020 4:42pm
731chopper wrote:
I understand the good intent but in reality nothing is free so who is going to pay for it? Will doctors, nurses and technicians do it...
I understand the good intent but in reality nothing is free so who is going to pay for it? Will doctors, nurses and technicians do it for free? Will the supplies be given by charitable donation? I’m actually somewhat for basic healthcare being socialized but we cannot ask others to be taxed to pay for the consequences of our decisions.
But how is the choice to participate in sports with a risk of injury any different than living an unhealthy lifestyle?

You don't think there would be expenses for obesity, alcohol consumption, smoking, vaping and many other unhealthy choices.
olds cool
3/5/2020 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 4:50pm
731chopper wrote:
I understand the good intent but in reality nothing is free so who is going to pay for it? Will doctors, nurses and technicians do it...
SEEMEFIRST
3/5/2020 5:33pm
I hope for the best outcome for both parties. It's never a good thing for anyone to deal with.

I'm very surprised he's gone as long as he has without a lawsuit.

I worked as an official for about 15 years, and it seemed like we had at least 1 a year.

Usually the insurance company trying to recoup, but not always.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
3/5/2020 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 7:43pm
JustMX wrote:
But how is the choice to participate in sports with a risk of injury any different than living an unhealthy lifestyle? You don't think there would...
But how is the choice to participate in sports with a risk of injury any different than living an unhealthy lifestyle?

You don't think there would be expenses for obesity, alcohol consumption, smoking, vaping and many other unhealthy choices.
I understand your point and I don’t have the answers on how to do it exactly but that’s why I said I’m somewhat for it and I said basic healthcare.

My girlfriend got an IV infusion to help with walking pneumonia she can’t get rid of from an IV bar yesterday. It was $90 and she said that was a lot less expensive than going to her primary care doctor where they charge over $300 for the same thing. I told her the difference is because health insurance is involved at the doctor where as the IV bar actually has to market a price the average cash paying American can afford. I think removing health insurance from a lot of healthcare services would be the best thing to get costs back in line of affordability but, unfortunately, I don’t think that will ever happen.
wisey
Fantasy
1457th
3/5/2020 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2020 7:58pm
JustMX wrote:
But how is the choice to participate in sports with a risk of injury any different than living an unhealthy lifestyle? You don't think there would...

731chopper wrote:
I understand your point and I don’t have the answers on how to do it exactly but that’s why I said I’m somewhat for it and...
I understand your point and I don’t have the answers on how to do it exactly but that’s why I said I’m somewhat for it and I said basic healthcare.

My girlfriend got an IV infusion to help with walking pneumonia she can’t get rid of from an IV bar yesterday. It was $90 and she said that was a lot less expensive than going to her primary care doctor where they charge over $300 for the same thing. I told her the difference is because health insurance is involved at the doctor where as the IV bar actually has to market a price the average cash paying American can afford. I think removing health insurance from a lot of healthcare services would be the best thing to get costs back in line of affordability but, unfortunately, I don’t think that will ever happen.
I just got a quote to cut the cancer out of my face. The insurance quote that is set by the insurance company is $2000. I have a $4000 deductible. The cash price, not going through insurance, is $1000.
Mossy
3/5/2020 9:38pm
I do feel bad for the guy because obviously that sucks. But, it is 100% his fault. If I crash this weekend and get paralyzed, it's 100% my fault. I chose to ride the dirtbike on a track, and it is my responsibility to not do anything out of my skill level.
level
3/5/2020 10:11pm
Insurance sucks also. They get away with what they want. They will pay the claim but good luck getting insurance again and if you can it will be sky high. That’s the issue with insurance is they are allowed to do pretty much anything they want. You have it and something happens and then you can’t get covered again.
sandtrack315
3/6/2020 4:48am
I never thought I'd read a Vital board where the consensus is that publicly owned health insurance would help save US motocross tracks.

Post a reply to: Budds Creek law suit

The Latest