Budds Creek Working To Save Its National

MXD
5/26/2017 12:40pm
I think the sport has become more dangerous and that is contributing to the lack of participation as well. I'm a local weekend Vet B MXer. I bought my son a CRF50 when he was 4. The next summer e raced a couple of races in the pee wee class and just when I was ready to put him on a KTM50, he told me that he just wanted to keep his quiet little CRF and putt around the yard. I was actually overjoyed, I hate to say it. I exposed him to it, I would have kept going with it if he wanted to but I was more than happy when he told me he didn't want to. The jump in bike sizes happens faster than most kids can grow to handle them, both physically and mentally. I see kids at my local races on 250Fs going way too fast and they are the same age that I was when I was still on an 80. Faster bikes have led to changes in track design to accommodate them. It's a vicious circle. But I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been discussed ad nauseam.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
5/26/2017 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2017 12:46pm
DC,

I agree with moto810, you have a large influence on the sport, if it isn't prospering (EDIT: or not as much as you would like) a lot of that is on you. A $200-400 iPhone is chump change in the grand scheme of things. That isn't the reason the sport isn't growing/holding the interest of kids.

Bike prices are out of control, let along repairing/maintaining said 4 strokes, as you know 2 strokes aren't as bad to maintain.

I will tell you that you might want to get on the ball on getting the series running on all cylinders, because if you don't someone else will be along to do it for you. Competition is a beautiful thing, Feld needs to watch their backs as well, because their greed could cost them the SX series in 10-15 years too.
Moto810
5/26/2017 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2017 1:21pm
DC,

You and I talked about Washougal in some emails. Like I said I expect Alessi did it. I am not his fan at all. I just thought you should had have security handle it or police. This way there would not had been so much hard feelings.

Next, I own and run a business and yes the downturn hit aviation as well. My business grew during the past 8 years. All owners or managers have to make tough calls. If costs are a big driving factor for any consumer then that must be part of the plan moving forward.

So many people on here voiced their opinions on here as I did. The one thing I kept seeing was costs were a big deal to everyone in the sport. I posted a video showing a good race crowd! I never said anything negative to the sport.

Maybe you should focus on the future more. Don't worry what people said to you in the past. Worry about the future and let your actions decide your fate.
kkawboy14
5/26/2017 12:56pm
The one guys opinion of DC was way over the top for opinions! It ventured into the "hey this guy may need some anger management classes"

The Shop

hillbilly
5/26/2017 1:07pm
jesus, the internet never forgets, DC neither,lol.

if you guys think it was better then because a ticket was cheaper are dumber than a crack head.
hillbilly
5/26/2017 1:07pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
The one guys opinion of DC was way over the top for opinions! It ventured into the "hey this guy may need some anger management classes"
ass whippin face to face
Moto810
5/26/2017 1:18pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
My posts had no opinions of anyone. I am sure others on here can confirm. I only commented on a video and costs of the sport. So maybe someone else posted something different?
DC
5/26/2017 1:29pm
Let's see, Moto810...

"Look at the crowd size of the races in 2006, it seems to be in the past 8 or 9 years the sport has just gone downhill... Sponsors were pretty big also. Seemed like racing was good back then and now it's falling off... Yeah the cost of the sport is killing it. Those in charge caused this problem and continue to stick with their rules to promote expensive bikes...
If they really had a clue..."

DC
Racer X

Moto810
5/26/2017 1:36pm
And what is wrong with that. Same thing everyone else was saying. I just posted some video with it.

Seems funny none of us can see all these posts but you have them all. Do you own Vital or just pay for that level of access?
kkawboy14
5/26/2017 1:42pm
Moto810 wrote:
And what is wrong with that. Same thing everyone else was saying. I just posted some video with it. Seems funny none of us can see...
And what is wrong with that. Same thing everyone else was saying. I just posted some video with it.

Seems funny none of us can see all these posts but you have them all. Do you own Vital or just pay for that level of access?
I think it would be in your posting history.

Those are not what I was referring to, it was the one that went way over the top.
kkawboy14
5/26/2017 1:43pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
ass whippin face to face
Crackem right over the head Smile
Moto810
5/26/2017 1:44pm
Moto810 wrote:
And what is wrong with that. Same thing everyone else was saying. I just posted some video with it. Seems funny none of us can see...

kkawboy14 wrote:
I think it would be in your posting history. Those are not what I was referring to, it was the one that went way over the...

Those are not what I was referring to, it was the one that went way over the top.
Those posts were deleted by vital. No I never posted any over the top post or attack on here. Never have
nc97
5/26/2017 2:15pm
All I know is I will be attending both Muddy creek and Budds Creek this year ... Been a few years since Ive been to a national.
DC
5/26/2017 2:18pm
It's a screen grab Moto810 of your flurry from yesterday. I caught it because it was funny how you were trolling me, again. And again, thanks for being honest about your posts having no opinions... If we only had a clue.

DC
Racer X
Old-Man
5/26/2017 2:32pm
Wonder what Big Dave would do, I'm sure he would have a say so about it and band the track owners together to come up with a better solution, He was pretty good about such matters.
Moto810
5/26/2017 2:36pm
I said those were my opinions. I just find it funny you have my opinions removed from here. I did not break any rules here. Nor did anyone on that thread I saw. Everyone gave their opinions
500guy
5/26/2017 2:41pm
Old-Man wrote:
Wonder what Big Dave would do, I'm sure he would have a say so about it and band the track owners together to come up with...
Wonder what Big Dave would do, I'm sure he would have a say so about it and band the track owners together to come up with a better solution, He was pretty good about such matters.
I have people come in my business and try to use that same sentimental thing on me, What would my Grandpa have done or my Dad.

it's about as low as a person can get and deserves no response.

Here's what my Dad always said about how I should live after he passed . "Do what you want I won't be here!"

Here's what He said about people who were already gone. "Makes no difference they are not here to do anything about it"

But by all means Old-man keep right on being a douche bag.
hillbilly
5/26/2017 2:51pm
good god,it is simple as nalt plus nalt,

nobody has no damn money.

from 85 to 2005ish I could not spend all the money i was making,

now, I pick up a nickle in the parking lot
Old-Man
5/26/2017 2:52pm
WOW!
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings there snowflake. I may have missed what was said earlier in the post because I didn't read the argument that was going on in here.
I meant that as truth about Dave, Was lucky enough to know him by volunteering at HP and Steel city when Amature race was on Saturday so we could help out on Sunday.

Douche Bag? Really?
500guy
5/26/2017 3:00pm
Old-Man wrote:
WOW! Didn't mean to hurt your feelings there snowflake. I may have missed what was said earlier in the post because I didn't read the argument...
WOW!
Didn't mean to hurt your feelings there snowflake. I may have missed what was said earlier in the post because I didn't read the argument that was going on in here.
I meant that as truth about Dave, Was lucky enough to know him by volunteering at HP and Steel city when Amature race was on Saturday so we could help out on Sunday.

Douche Bag? Really?
Yes really, what you said was very "Douchey" don't give a shit if you knew big Dave or not.

and I assure you I am no Snowflake.
Old-Man
5/26/2017 3:04pm
I assure you, your a Douche
500guy
5/26/2017 3:21pm
Old-Man wrote:
I assure you, your a Douche
it's not my intention to get on here and fight back and forth like teenagers, I apologize for my remarks but I do feel like what you said was inappropriate.

Cheers!
kkawboy14
5/26/2017 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2017 4:45pm
Moto810 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:
I think it would be in your posting history. Those are not what I was referring to, it was the one that went way over the...

Moto810 wrote:
Those posts were deleted by vital. No I never posted any over the top post or attack on here. Never have
The only post I was referring to was the one D.C. Copied and was WAY over the top! I don't know who wrote it.

D.C. Must have copied and forwarded it to Steve. Which would mean he still had it. They are friends not just business acquaintances, I get why vital removes some stuff. Some of my stuff gets removed, no big deal. If somebody grinds on my friends without having any real legit reason, I would probably delete it too.

Moto810
5/26/2017 4:52pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
The only post I was referring to was the one D.C. Copied and was WAY over the top! I don't know who wrote it. D.C. Must...
The only post I was referring to was the one D.C. Copied and was WAY over the top! I don't know who wrote it.

D.C. Must have copied and forwarded it to Steve. Which would mean he still had it. They are friends not just business acquaintances, I get why vital removes some stuff. Some of my stuff gets removed, no big deal. If somebody grinds on my friends without having any real legit reason, I would probably delete it too.

No that stuff he posted was not from here. I never posted anything like that here. What I posted here was not an attack on anyone. Just as others were not attacking anyone. Speaking my mind about where I think the sport is going or comparing it to past years is allowed. It is only my opinion as your posts are your opinions. I never called anyone out by name. When I refer to those who run the sport there are many of those people in the position to make the rules and influence those rules.
TeamGreen
5/26/2017 5:18pm
Moto810 wrote:
DC, You and I talked about Washougal in some emails. Like I said I expect Alessi did it. I am not his fan at all. I...
DC,

You and I talked about Washougal in some emails. Like I said I expect Alessi did it. I am not his fan at all. I just thought you should had have security handle it or police. This way there would not had been so much hard feelings.

Next, I own and run a business and yes the downturn hit aviation as well. My business grew during the past 8 years. All owners or managers have to make tough calls. If costs are a big driving factor for any consumer then that must be part of the plan moving forward.

So many people on here voiced their opinions on here as I did. The one thing I kept seeing was costs were a big deal to everyone in the sport. I posted a video showing a good race crowd! I never said anything negative to the sport.

Maybe you should focus on the future more. Don't worry what people said to you in the past. Worry about the future and let your actions decide your fate.
Hi, I'm in "Aviation" also. I've not seen any such "down-turn". In-fact, thanks to Boeing & the 787...it's hard to keep up!

Any hoo...

About DC...& your incompetent drivel about what he "does or does not" DO for our sport...

He's taken on a ton of personal responsibility and...well...let's just call it "A TON OF FUCKING RISK" to save this whole damn thing from becoming a real clown show that would've been for "Factory Teams/Super well FUNDED Teams ONLY"...all the while...you spew your shit. The best of which was your "non-profit" non-sense.

But...again...I digress.

Your slinging SHIT at a dude who's already taken a bunch of shit from others regarding all the usual "shit they obviously don't know". To which I would humbly request...

"Please, just...stop."
Moto810
5/26/2017 6:38pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Hi, I'm in "Aviation" also. I've not seen any such "down-turn". In-fact, thanks to Boeing & the 787...it's hard to keep up! Any hoo... About DC...&...
Hi, I'm in "Aviation" also. I've not seen any such "down-turn". In-fact, thanks to Boeing & the 787...it's hard to keep up!

Any hoo...

About DC...& your incompetent drivel about what he "does or does not" DO for our sport...

He's taken on a ton of personal responsibility and...well...let's just call it "A TON OF FUCKING RISK" to save this whole damn thing from becoming a real clown show that would've been for "Factory Teams/Super well FUNDED Teams ONLY"...all the while...you spew your shit. The best of which was your "non-profit" non-sense.

But...again...I digress.

Your slinging SHIT at a dude who's already taken a bunch of shit from others regarding all the usual "shit they obviously don't know". To which I would humbly request...

"Please, just...stop."
Ok your correct the USA did not just go through a downturn in the economy. It was my imagination.

I never slung shit on here. Everyone on this thread said the same thing I did about the costs of racing.

Saying that the past promoter would have caused the sport to die is your opinion. I do not know them but I am sure they worked just as hard as the current staff who runs different parts of the sport.

In the end I am not on here making excuses about why the sport is struggling. I as well as others on here offered up reasons or solutions. Much like your opinion we on this thread can all have one.
90smoto
5/26/2017 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2017 6:49pm
Just cruised thru to see the latest bench racing on Budds... maybe it's time this thread was scored a DNF. No need for roost being thrown at the man who makes this series happen. I've seen DC drenched in sweat pounding stakes and hanging banners around national tracks and at Lotettas for 20 plus years more times than I can even remember ... nobody around to thank him just Davey doing whatever he can to help. He doesn't have to do that, he could be just another head honcho standing back not wanting to get dirty. Not Davey though he loves this sport and is a class act.
kkawboy14
5/26/2017 6:44pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
The only post I was referring to was the one D.C. Copied and was WAY over the top! I don't know who wrote it. D.C. Must...

Moto810 wrote:
No that stuff he posted was not from here. I never posted anything like that here. What I posted here was not an attack on anyone...
No that stuff he posted was not from here. I never posted anything like that here. What I posted here was not an attack on anyone. Just as others were not attacking anyone. Speaking my mind about where I think the sport is going or comparing it to past years is allowed. It is only my opinion as your posts are your opinions. I never called anyone out by name. When I refer to those who run the sport there are many of those people in the position to make the rules and influence those rules.
Are you deaf? I wasn't talking about the screen grab of your back and forth, I was talking about the one with the F bombs in it!
JustMX
5/26/2017 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2017 7:18pm
Old-Man wrote:
Wonder what Big Dave would do, I'm sure he would have a say so about it and band the track owners together to come up with...
He would probably patch things up so we are back racing at a legendary facility like Glen Helen....

oh, never mind....MX Sports has done that......

He would probably work with another promoting organization to bring MX GPs back to the states with some planning for the future....

Crap... MX Sports has done that too....

Well, I know he would have stepped in when changes were happening that would directly affect the future of American MX and work out a deal so that there is some consistency and a group of knowledgeable people to plan the path to keep it alive.......

Damn.........MX Sports again.........

I agree that our sport is going through a challenging time.

It isn't just about money, or the cost, or the speed of the bikes....

It is sociological changes that are prevalent in every aspect of our lives.

Unfortunately part of that is people losing the ability to have a civil discussion while debating conflicting opinions.

Do I agree with everything that MX Sports has done?

Hell no..... I was a race promoter for over 15 years...... I see and feel directly the sweeping changes that have happened in our sports since the late 90's........ Saw them coming, but didn't see the downturn in the economy coming.

Very few have navigated the churning seas very well..... MX Sports has kept OUR boat afloat....... That can't have been an easy thing through the last couple of years.

It is easy for some of us that have been around the sport for a long time to fondly remember stuff like hanging around at the holiday inn at Gatorback the night before the nationals and listening to O'mara talking about testing with Magoo.

It was a good time that I wish kids now could experience because it beat the hell out of the pro pit experience now.

But dang, what would I have given to be able to watch the race live, and/or on demand? Hell, I still have a hard time believing that is possible.

Times change... Things change.....Our sport included.....

Comparing race crowds from 10 years ago and using it to critique current leadership is just silly.

Hell, Carlsbad had 20,000 spectators.... Can the current leadership not find some blue grove facility that has no amenities and run a race? Worked then......Truth is they would be lucky if 200 showed up..... And 198 of them would bitch about no wifi and/or having to wait 10 minutes to get in the gate......

Again, I Certainly don't agree with everything that MX Sports has done, but glad that they are making the decisions rather than other options we could have had to endure.

Hopefully they can make some changes that might help down the road but I can only imagine how complicated it is with all the parties involved.

Keep up the good work DC and MX Sports.....

Post a reply to: Budds Creek Working To Save Its National

The Latest