Budds Creek MX - Main Races Bench Racing

Related:
trav389
8/17/2019 2:19pm
trav389 wrote:
Is anyone else excited to see how Tomac can go at Ironman without the weight of a championship on him?
plowboy wrote:
Not trying to be difficult but if he has "clinched" the title...and using the MXoN rationale...why would he line up at Ironman at all. Why risk...
Not trying to be difficult but if he has "clinched" the title...and using the MXoN rationale...why would he line up at Ironman at all. Why risk injury. Start vacation and SX testing early. From a business standpoint it's an unnecessary risk and expense. Call it like it is.
mxb2 wrote:
Race win $$
Yep, $100000 weekend if you show up and win. Probably worth his time
zehn
8/17/2019 2:19pm
trav389 wrote:
Is anyone else excited to see how Tomac can go at Ironman without the weight of a championship on him?
plowboy wrote:
Not trying to be difficult but if he has "clinched" the title...and using the MXoN rationale...why would he line up at Ironman at all. Why risk...
Not trying to be difficult but if he has "clinched" the title...and using the MXoN rationale...why would he line up at Ironman at all. Why risk injury. Start vacation and SX testing early. From a business standpoint it's an unnecessary risk and expense. Call it like it is.
mxb2 wrote:
Race win $$
That and the team already budgeted to go to that race and it’s part of the normal American race circuit and not on a different continent 5 weeks later
ShipLap
8/17/2019 2:23pm
mx_phreek wrote:
So AC just need to hit the podium first moto no matter what Dylan does.
nytsmaC wrote:
Nope, they both currently have 7 moto wins. If Ferrandis wins both motos and AC goes 3-DNF Ferrandis wins on the tiebreaker.
AC has more overalls.
8/17/2019 2:34pm
Wtf happened to Jett? There goes my fantasy points
Idk what the issue was but he pulled into pit row with less than 10min left
I think he pulled out so that he don't score too much points and stay amateur next year. He dnf'd race 1 in the last lap while he was 15th.

The Shop

mxb2
8/17/2019 2:37pm
plowboy wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Race win $$
trav389 wrote:
Yep and add to the record books.
plowboy
8/17/2019 2:41pm
plowboy wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Race win $$
trav389 wrote:
Ok. What if he lines up and gets injured? Out for who knows how long. Can you start to see my logic here? You can't use the excuse that the MXoN is too risky or too expensive or cuts in to time off and testing and then line up at a meaningless race. The team would be ahead to pay a small bonus to the team and all just stay home.
plowboy
8/17/2019 2:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
Race win $$
trav389 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
There is a record book for the Nations as well. Rupert and I can't be the the only people in the country that believe the MXoN is as important as any MX race held anywhere.
mxb2
8/17/2019 2:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
Race win $$
trav389 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Ok. What if he lines up and gets injured? Out for who knows how long. Can you start to see my logic here? You can't use...
Ok. What if he lines up and gets injured? Out for who knows how long. Can you start to see my logic here? You can't use the excuse that the MXoN is too risky or too expensive or cuts in to time off and testing and then line up at a meaningless race. The team would be ahead to pay a small bonus to the team and all just stay home.
100k for a overall. On a race he is contracted to race.
mxb2
8/17/2019 2:47pm
trav389 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
There is a record book for the Nations as well. Rupert and I can't be the the only people in the country that believe the MXoN...
There is a record book for the Nations as well. Rupert and I can't be the the only people in the country that believe the MXoN is as important as any MX race held anywhere.
Yep i like them all. I am not cutting the checks
plowboy
8/17/2019 2:55pm
trav389 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Ok. What if he lines up and gets injured? Out for who knows how long. Can you start to see my logic here? You can't use...
mxb2 wrote:
100k for a overall. On a race he is contracted to race.
Contracted to race...unless Kawi says, "Here's 25k...stay home and relax...see ya at the SX practice track in a month or so". Tomac and Kawi have won the championship. There is no upside to racing the last event. Unless you throw out their reasons for not racing the Nations. I'm on-board with the reasons for not going to Assen. But, don't show up in Indiana.
zehn
8/17/2019 3:00pm
plowboy wrote:
Contracted to race...unless Kawi says, "Here's 25k...stay home and relax...see ya at the SX practice track in a month or so". Tomac and Kawi have won...
Contracted to race...unless Kawi says, "Here's 25k...stay home and relax...see ya at the SX practice track in a month or so". Tomac and Kawi have won the championship. There is no upside to racing the last event. Unless you throw out their reasons for not racing the Nations. I'm on-board with the reasons for not going to Assen. But, don't show up in Indiana.
You don’t really know how contracts work do you
motogrady
8/17/2019 3:03pm
I'll say it.

Maybe Eli just don't feel like being tied up for the next month. Last year was last year, eh, let's live life a bit.
philG
8/17/2019 3:10pm
I think he pulled out so that he don't score too much points and stay amateur next year. He dnf'd race 1 in the last lap...
I think he pulled out so that he don't score too much points and stay amateur next year. He dnf'd race 1 in the last lap while he was 15th.
And that is why amateur racing is Bullshit.
Sabez
8/17/2019 3:19pm
I was there. Tomac was a man on a mission. Wasn't even close for both classes. Roczen gave everything he had in the first Moto but I think the heat got to him towards the end.
mxb2
8/17/2019 3:23pm
plowboy wrote:
Contracted to race...unless Kawi says, "Here's 25k...stay home and relax...see ya at the SX practice track in a month or so". Tomac and Kawi have won...
zehn wrote:
He has no clue.
plowboy
8/17/2019 3:31pm
plowboy wrote:
zehn wrote:
Lol...yes I do. That little clause that says, "Subject to change/modification based on events/circumstances". You and I have no clue what Eli signed. My point was that if Kawi refused to send Eli to the Nations because it was too risky and wasn't a good ROI....then lining up at a race when they have clinched the championship would seem to negate their most relevant reasons for not sending him to the MXoN.

I do not hate Eli or Kawasaki. Kinda dig both. But, get real. The TRUTH will set you free.
mxb2
8/17/2019 3:38pm
plowboy wrote:
zehn wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Lol...yes I do. That little clause that says, "Subject to change/modification based on events/circumstances". You and I have no clue what Eli signed. My point was...
Lol...yes I do. That little clause that says, "Subject to change/modification based on events/circumstances". You and I have no clue what Eli signed. My point was that if Kawi refused to send Eli to the Nations because it was too risky and wasn't a good ROI....then lining up at a race when they have clinched the championship would seem to negate their most relevant reasons for not sending him to the MXoN.

I do not hate Eli or Kawasaki. Kinda dig both. But, get real. The TRUTH will set you free.
How about support the guys goin, but you never mention ac92, or the others who arent going to rep their country.
Gworm
8/17/2019 3:43pm
I have a dumb question...

Overall results show Bogle 20th, with a 19/DNS. What am I missing?
Excaliburbmx
8/17/2019 3:48pm
plowboy wrote:
zehn wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Lol...yes I do. That little clause that says, "Subject to change/modification based on events/circumstances". You and I have no clue what Eli signed. My point was...

They made a business decision period. Would it have been cool for Tomac to go? Yes

As we move forward and we have less mxgp races in the USA mxon and other gp races lose some importance here.
We have most riders focusing on two full series plus the mec which is like an all star race.

Kawasaki and Tomac want three mx titles and a sx title. Not bad goals to have.
loftyair
8/17/2019 3:58pm
Tomac has a contract he signed to race the last national. Plus, record book and win bonus. Pretty simple.
Drtbykr
8/17/2019 4:00pm
Wait so Tomac was farming all week and went too hard and that’s why he had arm pump last weekend lol 🤯
Maybe that is what Williamson didn’t like, the damn farm.

Poor farmers can’t even afford air conditioned equipment. Each bale made by hand.

Journalism is crazy, same as hockey. “upper body, lower body”.

I’d like to know if Kenny’s is inner body, blood issue. Who would know.
plowboy
8/17/2019 4:06pm
zehn wrote:
plowboy wrote:

They made a business decision period. Would it have been cool for Tomac to go? Yes As we move forward and we have less mxgp races...
They made a business decision period. Would it have been cool for Tomac to go? Yes

As we move forward and we have less mxgp races in the USA mxon and other gp races lose some importance here.
We have most riders focusing on two full series plus the mec which is like an all star race.

Kawasaki and Tomac want three mx titles and a sx title. Not bad goals to have.
I don't know how many times/ways I can say...The reasons they give for not going to MXoN are real and valid. But if those are your reasons...why show up to a race, in a series that you have clinched the title? The risk of injury remains he same. The entire point of a mfg entering a series has been achieved. They have won the championship. Any further participation has no real ROI. I'm obviously in the minority here so ill let this be my last comment on the subject. We have a team and ill be rooting at the top of my lungs.
8/17/2019 5:07pm
BobPA wrote:
Are there really any Tomac "haters"??
I don't know if there's too many who legitimately hate Eli, but there are quite a few on this site who like to try to downplay his accomplishments.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
8/17/2019 5:58pm
BobPA wrote:
Are there really any Tomac "haters"??
I don't know if there's too many who legitimately hate Eli, but there are quite a few on this site who like to try to downplay...
I don't know if there's too many who legitimately hate Eli, but there are quite a few on this site who like to try to downplay his accomplishments.
People don’t hate Eli, they hate his fan boys. 😂

Eli is a bad dude. Congratulations Champ.
Sabez
8/17/2019 7:00pm
Sabez wrote:
I was there. Tomac was a man on a mission. Wasn't even close for both classes. Roczen gave everything he had in the first Moto but...
I was there. Tomac was a man on a mission. Wasn't even close for both classes. Roczen gave everything he had in the first Moto but I think the heat got to him towards the end.
Also when I was in line waiting for an autograph. I overheard a lady on his team say he can only be out signing for 20mins because they have to monitor the amount of heat he gets.
andygyz114
8/18/2019 5:11am
FerCzD wrote:
Is Covington signed to race next year with Rockstar Husky?
three9zero wrote:
That was one hell of a bad season, hope he signed a 2 year contract....
Mavetism wrote:
Each of the new rookies already finished better than Covington. Thats some weird stuff. Im not in a position to really judge about him, but god...
Each of the new rookies already finished better than Covington. Thats some weird stuff. Im not in a position to really judge about him, but god damn..
This is what Covington had to say about what's going on,
“After seeing the doctor and having tests done this week, I’ve been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Virus. I’ve been super tired and lacking strength for around a month now and really hit a wall last weekend in Colorado. That’s when I knew something had to be wrong. Doing everything I can now to be back to myself as soon as possible. It’s probably a little soon for me to be out here racing, but I just couldn’t stand sitting on the couch another weekend, especially when I’m able to be on the bike now. I started riding last week. Got about five days on the bike. Just going to go out here and have some fun and enjoy riding the Husqvarna."
This is why his results suck right now. Hope this helps to answer your questions about Covington.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/18/2019 5:40am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 5:46am
andygyz114 wrote:
This is what Covington had to say about what's going on, “After seeing the doctor and having tests done this week, I’ve been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr...
“After seeing the doctor and having tests done this week, I’ve been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Virus. I’ve been super tired and lacking strength for around a month now and really hit a wall last weekend in Colorado. That’s when I knew something had to be wrong. Doing everything I can now to be back to myself as soon as possible. It’s probably a little soon for me to be out here racing, but I just couldn’t stand sitting on the couch another weekend, especially when I’m able to be on the bike now. I started riding last week. Got about five days on the bike. Just going to go out here and have some fun and enjoy riding the Husqvarna."
This is why his results suck right now. Hope this helps to answer your questions about Covington.
I like Covington and really wanted to see him do well this year but he hasn’t shown at the races any sparks or top level speed like he did in mxgp. Epstein Barr I get but not even one lap speed? Hope he figures it out.
Cortami79
8/18/2019 6:17am
plowboy wrote:
I don't know how many times/ways I can say...The reasons they give for not going to MXoN are real and valid. But if those are your...
I don't know how many times/ways I can say...The reasons they give for not going to MXoN are real and valid. But if those are your reasons...why show up to a race, in a series that you have clinched the title? The risk of injury remains he same. The entire point of a mfg entering a series has been achieved. They have won the championship. Any further participation has no real ROI. I'm obviously in the minority here so ill let this be my last comment on the subject. We have a team and ill be rooting at the top of my lungs.
Dude. Seriously wtf
DA498
8/18/2019 10:53am
andygyz114 wrote:
This is what Covington had to say about what's going on, “After seeing the doctor and having tests done this week, I’ve been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr...
I’ve been super tired and lacking strength for around a month now and really hit a wall last weekend in Colorado.

This statement was from his first return to action, not yesterday's. Colorado was more like 8 weeks ago. Although Im sure its a similar story now but still looks bad.
Racerman967
8/18/2019 12:14pm
AC needs 10th or better in each moto and the title is his. If he finishes 3rd in the first moto he needs a 20th in moto 2.

Post a reply to: Budds Creek MX - Main Races Bench Racing

The Latest