Bubba's World

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:09am
When's it on? Maybe we can watch James do something he's good at: Being off the machine.
|
jhkinin
5/10/2010 5:09am
Sunday night on FUEL TV; but dont bother. It's a waste of DVR space...
burnside
5/10/2010 5:32am
The buzz around this show seems to have vanished? We don't get Fuel TV here in the UK but haven't seen or heard anything about this since the 3rd episode, does anyone know if episodes 4/5/6 are online?
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
5/10/2010 6:05am
jhkinin wrote:
Sunday night on FUEL TV; but dont bother. It's a waste of DVR space...
Where download..

Or internet bandwidth .. heheheh..
Devil1nNj
5/10/2010 6:37am
It's not that good...at all. But, it's an MX show, so we watch it every week.
I can't see a non MX fan really being drawn to it, even with the fake reality show craze these days.

Maybe it will open the door for more MX related shows, who knows. That being said, I'd rather have a bad MX show than none at all.

The Shop

5/10/2010 6:48am
I watched the 6 episodes on Sports on Demand (TimeWarner). I enjoyed the shows. Bubba being teased in a social setting about living at home with his parents and his little brother happy Bubba is moving out so that he can have a bathroom of his own is what a lot of families without a few million dollars deal with in their own world.
NetMXer
5/10/2010 7:07am
I think there would be more drama if it was "Alessi's World".
5/10/2010 7:26am
NetMXer wrote:
I think there would be more drama if it was "Alessi's World".
Tony home schooling Mike, "1 + 4 doesn't mean a f#@king thing cause Mike you're going to be #1 or #800. Either way you're going to be a 450 outdoor Champion. Now put that pen and paper down. I want 40 hole shots before lunchtime."
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
5/10/2010 7:45am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2010 7:46am
I watched the 6 episodes on Sports on Demand (TimeWarner). I enjoyed the shows. Bubba being teased in a social setting about living at home with...
I watched the 6 episodes on Sports on Demand (TimeWarner). I enjoyed the shows. Bubba being teased in a social setting about living at home with his parents and his little brother happy Bubba is moving out so that he can have a bathroom of his own is what a lot of families without a few million dollars deal with in their own world.
You do know the whole thing is staged right?
5/10/2010 7:54am
In my opinion "Bubb's World" should be: Getting healed and healthy, getting in great shape, testing like crazy, burning 2-3 full tanks of fuel a day, and getting ready to be on the line at the outdoor opener.

I haven't seen the show but I doubt that's what it is about.
MXEditor
5/10/2010 8:10am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:43pm
burnside wrote:
The buzz around this show seems to have vanished? We don't get Fuel TV here in the UK but haven't seen or heard anything about this...
The buzz around this show seems to have vanished? We don't get Fuel TV here in the UK but haven't seen or heard anything about this since the 3rd episode, does anyone know if episodes 4/5/6 are online?
Ha!

My experience over there is that AdrenalineTV will show it in about 4 years, as soon as they can buy it cheap.

It always freaked me out how old the shows are when you watch them in the UK....like Top Gear from 2004 is always on Dave and so forth...
5/10/2010 8:22am
I watched the 6 episodes on Sports on Demand (TimeWarner). I enjoyed the shows. Bubba being teased in a social setting about living at home with...
UpTiTe wrote:
No doubt. But there are some things that seem genuine. Raised in a close family setting does place a limit on someone 23 years old. Socially, he doesn't have as much game with the girls like the freesyle guys. Take away the fame and fortune and Bubba's desire to fit in with the world is what a lot of young people go thru. At times he comes across awkward in financial situations and he can't shoot a basketball to save his life
For being staged it pobably is more real than a lot of other reality programs.
bullpen58
5/10/2010 8:35am
LMAO!!!

I agree. Alessi's World would be much more entertaining.
5/10/2010 8:49am
In my opinion "Bubb's World" should be: Getting healed and healthy, getting in great shape, testing like crazy, burning 2-3 full tanks of fuel a day...
In my opinion "Bubb's World" should be: Getting healed and healthy, getting in great shape, testing like crazy, burning 2-3 full tanks of fuel a day, and getting ready to be on the line at the outdoor opener.

I haven't seen the show but I doubt that's what it is about.
Do you have any idea when the show was filmed?
5/10/2010 9:41am
No PR,

But I'm not even really talking about the content of the show but more the content of Stewart's career.

After listening for years about James this and James that, he's become a disappointment: He won't ride outdoors, he crashes out of the one series he does ride, he bling blings around and doesn't understand that his window for winning championships is finite.

Most professionals have about a 5-6 year window in terms of peak performance and he's WASTING it by choosing to only ride SX and then only racing a few of the series events.

My prediction is that he doesn't get another SX championship and goes into the "wasted talent" catagory. There are many others in this catagory, and he reminds me of them.
bobby397
5/10/2010 10:14am
No PR, But I'm not even really talking about the content of the show but more the content of Stewart's career. After listening for years about...
No PR,

But I'm not even really talking about the content of the show but more the content of Stewart's career.

After listening for years about James this and James that, he's become a disappointment: He won't ride outdoors, he crashes out of the one series he does ride, he bling blings around and doesn't understand that his window for winning championships is finite.

Most professionals have about a 5-6 year window in terms of peak performance and he's WASTING it by choosing to only ride SX and then only racing a few of the series events.

My prediction is that he doesn't get another SX championship and goes into the "wasted talent" catagory. There are many others in this catagory, and he reminds me of them.
good observationWink
5/10/2010 10:17am
Thanks Bobby. I expect very soon somebody to tell me that I'm a dumbass and I don't know what I'm talking about...that James is #1 and I need to STFU. Smile
DanDunes818
5/10/2010 11:02am
When's it on? Maybe we can watch James do something he's good at: Being off the machine.
Retired Ca. pro. Please put a shirt on. This isn't that kind of site..If you're looking to fish for a male companion I'm sure you can find a site for that.
5/10/2010 11:13am
sorby isn't who I would expect james to be buds with...but who knows. He adds more to the boring show. I still watch and will continue to.
TeamGreen
5/10/2010 11:15am
Thanks Bobby. I expect very soon somebody to tell me that I'm a dumbass and I don't know what I'm talking about...that James is #1 and...
Thanks Bobby. I expect very soon somebody to tell me that I'm a dumbass and I don't know what I'm talking about...that James is #1 and I need to STFU. Smile
Hey, "Retired"...

Watch this:

Any bets on what happens when James comes back and races Dungey?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Anyone?

(Btw, James AIN'T NUMBER -1- !)

5/10/2010 11:25am
Retired Ca. pro. Please put a shirt on. This isn't that kind of site..If you're looking to fish for a male companion I'm sure you can...
Retired Ca. pro. Please put a shirt on. This isn't that kind of site..If you're looking to fish for a male companion I'm sure you can find a site for that.
Smile Thanks for the heads up Dan. I'm sure you can direct me to your favorite man-on-man sites. Hahaha.

That's my "I'm chillin by the pool now and not racing mud races any longer" pic.
5/10/2010 12:23pm
No PR, But I'm not even really talking about the content of the show but more the content of Stewart's career. After listening for years about...
No PR,

We all have opinions. Anyway the show was filmed last year, he wasn't hurt and it was already decided that he wouldn't be racing the outdoors.
Pdub
5/10/2010 12:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2010 12:41pm
Was that your professional racing experience, Retired Ca Pro? 5-6 years of peak performance? How far did you get?
Pat327
5/10/2010 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2010 2:08pm
I watched the series up to about halfway through the 4th episode. That was about all I could take. I like James a lot, but the show is just awful.
5/10/2010 2:24pm
i'd never bet against James in either series, mainly because he's a freak talent, but that show is crap and many core moto fans have lost a lot of respect for him for not racing outdoors.
huck
5/10/2010 2:27pm
The more I read about all the bitching of his show, the more I start liking James....
5/10/2010 2:37pm
Pdub wrote:
Was that your professional racing experience, Retired Ca Pro? 5-6 years of peak performance? How far did you get?
I knew it was a matter of time....

I raced CMC, GFI and AMA regional qualifiers. I was a professional earning the #51 CMC plate at the time I retired due to a broken neck sustained at the Bounty Hunter event in Chowchilla while battling for the lead in the open pro main.

I enjoyed racing motos with McGrath, JMB, Phil Lawrence, Jimmy Button, Tallon Vohland, Ricky Ryan, Larry Brooks etc.

If you think I don't know what I'm talking about P-dub, it's time to check your own personal experience and check your racial preference and bias for James at the door. When our helmets are on, we're racers...not black racers, white racers, asian racers or otherwise.

I'm tired of our African American racers and fans having a blind allegience to James just because he's black. If Dungey won the SX championship and then wanted to sit out the outdoor season he'd be mocked (and rightly so). James did not earn the right to sit the outdoor series out. He was just getting started in the 450 class and then wussed out of the outdoor Nationals. Period.

He is putting his potential legacy on the line. I repeat: he might not get another legitimate shot at a championship...the young hungry guys will not be making it easy on him.
smit9722
5/10/2010 2:48pm
UpTiTe wrote:
stupid that they made a reality tv show fake like they did. If it was really about james it might be ok.

Post a reply to: Bubba's World

The Latest