Bubbas Bang!

Edited Date/Time 7/4/2013 6:11pm
I for one got goose bumps seeing James go down that hard. I wish he would have just backed it down a tad but maybe he was in his comfort zone. Hate to see the guy throw another win away, which he has done more than enough times. Im a HUGE fan and love seeing the guy ride. He needs to learn from Dungey and choose when to "turn it on". Go James!
|
Stephon
7/3/2013 12:48pm
I didn't see it as a case of "turn it down". It looked more to me like "things happen when racing MX". With the current "deep field" backing it down can put most from 1st to 5th in a hurry. He definitely still has the speed lap for lap, but a moto is 30 + 2. I hope he can get a win before it's over. We'll see.
abn166
7/3/2013 12:50pm
is Bubba's bang anything like Orange bang? Great first post noob, now STFU!!!
7/3/2013 12:56pm
Wow what a nice guy,just noticed nobody mentioned his crash and it was a damn violent one at that
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/3/2013 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2013 12:58pm
If that username is the product of the Contra Costa County Office Of Education, I'm gonna call that a fail.

I suggest trying again with another (more palatable) username.

The Shop

MT MX
7/3/2013 12:59pm
Stephon wrote:
I didn't see it as a case of "turn it down". It looked more to me like "things happen when racing MX". With the current "deep...
I didn't see it as a case of "turn it down". It looked more to me like "things happen when racing MX". With the current "deep field" backing it down can put most from 1st to 5th in a hurry. He definitely still has the speed lap for lap, but a moto is 30 + 2. I hope he can get a win before it's over. We'll see.
x2
He sure has had ALOT of 'things happen sometimes' moments this year though. Really wish the situation wouldn't have been so unfortunate for him.
I know I don't see any of the behind-the-scene's things going on, or maybe it's just an act, but he sure seems to have a decent attitude even with all the shitty things that have happened to him.
Seamorbutts
7/3/2013 1:03pm
Stephon wrote:
I didn't see it as a case of "turn it down". It looked more to me like "things happen when racing MX". With the current "deep...
MT MX wrote:
x2 He sure has had ALOT of 'things happen sometimes' moments this year though. Really wish the situation wouldn't have been so unfortunate for him. I...
x2
He sure has had ALOT of 'things happen sometimes' moments this year though. Really wish the situation wouldn't have been so unfortunate for him.
I know I don't see any of the behind-the-scene's things going on, or maybe it's just an act, but he sure seems to have a decent attitude even with all the shitty things that have happened to him.
X3
chuck317
7/3/2013 2:38pm
abn166 wrote:
is Bubba's bang anything like Orange bang? Great first post noob, now STFU!!! [img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/tequilashots/flipcancerthebird.jpg[/img]
is Bubba's bang anything like Orange bang? Great first post noob, now STFU!!!
good one
peelout
7/3/2013 2:56pm
i honestly didn't think he was over-riding at all, he looked very very smooth and fast and like he was more than comfortable running that pace.

that little step out of his rear wheel was just ugly, but not as ugly as the subsequent swap and slam. really wish he would have been able to keep it up and win the moto
DrSweden
7/3/2013 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2013 3:21pm
This sux, he was showing some of that previous glory, and maybe the reason why he has been holding back was because of of the many crashes, then bam!!! What to expect now? Sad
BobbyM
7/3/2013 4:55pm
peelout wrote:
i honestly didn't think he was over-riding at all, he looked very very smooth and fast and like he was more than comfortable running that pace...
i honestly didn't think he was over-riding at all, he looked very very smooth and fast and like he was more than comfortable running that pace.

that little step out of his rear wheel was just ugly, but not as ugly as the subsequent swap and slam. really wish he would have been able to keep it up and win the moto
good thing it was sand
mynewcr250
7/3/2013 6:28pm
I for one got goose bumps seeing James go down that hard. I wish he would have just backed it down a tad but maybe he...
I for one got goose bumps seeing James go down that hard. I wish he would have just backed it down a tad but maybe he was in his comfort zone. Hate to see the guy throw another win away, which he has done more than enough times. Im a HUGE fan and love seeing the guy ride. He needs to learn from Dungey and choose when to "turn it on". Go James!
there is a video on here showing canard hitting the exact same section and swapping out exactly the same as james. i think it was inevitable for it to go down like that if they kept hitting the same line in that section
YZ125H1
7/3/2013 6:36pm
I know James is known for running weird setups on his bike and he sometimes makes them work other times not so much. It was pretty clear the suspension was fighting him the whole race and he had slowed down his pace since he is not as fit as RD5 or RV2. It really was just a bad line that caused him to crash though. I wonder what would happen if James rode on Kawasaki again their bikes are very stable at speed unlike the Suzuki suits his style better imho.
Seamorbutts
7/3/2013 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 7/3/2013 8:35pm
YZ125H1 wrote:
I know James is known for running weird setups on his bike and he sometimes makes them work other times not so much. It was pretty...
I know James is known for running weird setups on his bike and he sometimes makes them work other times not so much. It was pretty clear the suspension was fighting him the whole race and he had slowed down his pace since he is not as fit as RD5 or RV2. It really was just a bad line that caused him to crash though. I wonder what would happen if James rode on Kawasaki again their bikes are very stable at speed unlike the Suzuki suits his style better imho.
Come on dude, I'm a Stewart fan just as much as anyone, but I see no need to use the bike manufacturer/team as a excuse any longer. Dungey and Reed looked plenty good to me when they were with Suzuki.
josh8811
7/3/2013 9:26pm
YZ125H1 wrote:
I know James is known for running weird setups on his bike and he sometimes makes them work other times not so much. It was pretty...
Come on dude, I'm a Stewart fan just as much as anyone, but I see no need to use the bike manufacturer/team as a excuse any...
Come on dude, I'm a Stewart fan just as much as anyone, but I see no need to use the bike manufacturer/team as a excuse any longer. Dungey and Reed looked plenty good to me when they were with Suzuki.
Agree... There was also a chubby redheaded dude that was pretty damn fast on that Suzuki too.. Forgot his name though..
mynewcr250
7/3/2013 11:20pm
YZ125H1 wrote:
Come on dude, I'm a Stewart fan just as much as anyone, but I see no need to use the bike manufacturer/team as a excuse any...
he didnt say the suzuki was no good for stewart, he said that what stewart may feel confident on doesnt seem like its working (from the couch)
Vet57
7/4/2013 6:06am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2013 6:06am
peelout wrote:
i honestly didn't think he was over-riding at all, he looked very very smooth and fast and like he was more than comfortable running that pace...

Spot on! I was there and he was riding smooth as ever until the crash..also TC went down in the very same location.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
7/4/2013 6:25am
The amazing thing is that some of James's most violent crashes come during races where he
just seems to be in the zone. Is it possible that he on some days just feels so comfortable
that he throws caution to the wind. Or more so, that he feels so comfortable that he has no
comprehension of caution on those days? He does these wildly complicated lines and sections
and then wads it up on what seems like (for James) the less than complex stuff.
Just a thought
TM
7/4/2013 6:49am
crashes happen - that swapper was not being saved by anybody

I seriously doubt it will affect him, if anything it shows he has found it in him to run and stay out there again, lady luck needs to wave her fuckin wand a little bit though - sheesh between 7 and 41 come on give em a break darlin'
bullpen658
7/4/2013 9:38am
crashes happen - that swapper was not being saved by anybody I seriously doubt it will affect him, if anything it shows he has found it...

I seriously doubt it will affect him, if anything it shows he has found it in him to run and stay out there again, lady luck needs to wave her fuckin wand a little bit though - sheesh between 7 and 41 come on give em a break darlin'
I beg to differ. RC could have saved the Titanic.
7/4/2013 10:13am
i have always been a stewart fan but this season really brought my respect level even higher. he has crashed hard numerous times and had stupid bike failures but never gave up and most of the times lines up for the next moto and goes just as hard as if he was fighting for the championship. he will never go out on the track and just be happy with an 8th place he is a real racer with only one speed. i know its lame to make excuses but his forth in the second moto last week would have been a ride that got him a first in many other previous season. we might be seeing the fastest rider ever in rv2 i cant see how u can going an faster then rv2 this season.
dantheman
7/4/2013 10:28am
There is only one constant amongst many many variables to the "why James crashes" discussions. But it seems no one wants to recognize it. It's James himself.

Fact is, there has only been one motocross season('08) where he was able to maintain focus week in and week out to keep, and win 24-0 no less, in the championship.

2005 & 2006 both resulted in crashing out of contention. 2007 should have been a lock after RC retired but it wasn't! Crashing at Unadilla and then subsequently injuring his knee at the 'Shoug thwarted that. 2008 was the dream, and proof, of what "could have been".

His return to motocross in 2012 seemed the continuation of the dream from 2008, only to have a harsh reality come "crashing" back. 2013 has been what was called as "mediocre" for James until the High Point race where he ended dropping out with a mechanical. But he stated the "speed" is back. And then the crashing returned the very next weekend racing resumed. Three at Budds, one at the 'Wick.

An important point is a lot of the crashes are "out front alone and leading", with no pressure. To me, that's a "focus" problem, but of course I could very easily be mistaken. Either way, for those that say if he was back on Kawasaki well, he crashed on that brand on many many occasions as well. James never "truly" raced the Yamaha outdoors and the Suzuki was supposed to be the Bubba "enabler"... but now some are questioning that very very successful platform! Silly really.

I obviously know crashes happen and every racer has them, but the regularity with which it has happened to James, and considering the circumstances of when it happened, is a significant point to look beyond the equipment and simply look at James himself.

This all of course, was more important years ago! Regardless of "winning" qualifying, he's past his prime. And even if moments of James skill and greatness can still be seen, pulling off a young "Bubba's" dominance won't be the norm. Being one of the baddest mofo's on a dirt scooter is hard on the body and mind, and the years have taken their toll.

To me, if James could have corrected whatever it is within himself, that causes the lapse in concentration, line choice or decision making, which results in the crashing out of contention then... the record books would tell a completely different story in regards to several racers(RC, REEDY, RV and RD) career individual wins and championships tally.

Here's hoping he can simply walk away with a reasonable amount of health. He treated us all to some spectacular viewing pleasure that feeds the addictive nature that is moto :D And we can all agree on that.
Cook441
7/4/2013 10:30am
crashes happen - that swapper was not being saved by anybody I seriously doubt it will affect him, if anything it shows he has found it...

bullpen658 wrote:
nope but he'd a got back up and won...seriously
bullpen658
7/4/2013 10:42am

bullpen658 wrote:
Cook441 wrote:
nope but he'd a got back up and won...seriously[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/07/04/26112/s1200_imagesCAGU9O45.jpg[/img]
nope but he'd a got back up and won...seriously
I know he crashed here and there, but you're right. He always came back to win. He was truly unreal.
bullpen658
7/4/2013 10:47am
dantheman wrote:
There is only one constant amongst many many variables to the "why James crashes" discussions. But it seems no one wants to recognize it. It's James...
There is only one constant amongst many many variables to the "why James crashes" discussions. But it seems no one wants to recognize it. It's James himself.

Fact is, there has only been one motocross season('08) where he was able to maintain focus week in and week out to keep, and win 24-0 no less, in the championship.

2005 & 2006 both resulted in crashing out of contention. 2007 should have been a lock after RC retired but it wasn't! Crashing at Unadilla and then subsequently injuring his knee at the 'Shoug thwarted that. 2008 was the dream, and proof, of what "could have been".

His return to motocross in 2012 seemed the continuation of the dream from 2008, only to have a harsh reality come "crashing" back. 2013 has been what was called as "mediocre" for James until the High Point race where he ended dropping out with a mechanical. But he stated the "speed" is back. And then the crashing returned the very next weekend racing resumed. Three at Budds, one at the 'Wick.

An important point is a lot of the crashes are "out front alone and leading", with no pressure. To me, that's a "focus" problem, but of course I could very easily be mistaken. Either way, for those that say if he was back on Kawasaki well, he crashed on that brand on many many occasions as well. James never "truly" raced the Yamaha outdoors and the Suzuki was supposed to be the Bubba "enabler"... but now some are questioning that very very successful platform! Silly really.

I obviously know crashes happen and every racer has them, but the regularity with which it has happened to James, and considering the circumstances of when it happened, is a significant point to look beyond the equipment and simply look at James himself.

This all of course, was more important years ago! Regardless of "winning" qualifying, he's past his prime. And even if moments of James skill and greatness can still be seen, pulling off a young "Bubba's" dominance won't be the norm. Being one of the baddest mofo's on a dirt scooter is hard on the body and mind, and the years have taken their toll.

To me, if James could have corrected whatever it is within himself, that causes the lapse in concentration, line choice or decision making, which results in the crashing out of contention then... the record books would tell a completely different story in regards to several racers(RC, REEDY, RV and RD) career individual wins and championships tally.

Here's hoping he can simply walk away with a reasonable amount of health. He treated us all to some spectacular viewing pleasure that feeds the addictive nature that is moto :D And we can all agree on that.
I think a factor in this whole thing was that going that fast is probably kind of "easy" for James (from HIS perspective). He expects to win and is obviously capable of it, but I think that may be why he "loses concentration" (assuming that is what is happening....which is probably is). Jeff Ward's theory of him having too many knocks to the cabeza could have merit as well. Also, there are a lot of other guys going EXTREMELY fast right now. I believe the bikes are so damn good bone stock that the differences between factory stars and privateers is not as big as it once was. That is why we don't see anyone ripping through the pack from last to first and then lapping the entire field anymore.

I am happy that James has not quit and he keeps working hard out there. That means more to me (as a fan of moto) than him winning. I really want to see him keep it on two wheels and not get hurt anymore more than I want to see another 24-0 season.

All 40 of the guys that cross that gate when it drops are heroes in my opinion. The "slowest" guy out there absolutely RIPS and I enjoy watching them all.
John250
7/4/2013 1:29pm
https://youtu.be/_0rhD4vR1OY

I think it is the camera man on the left hand side of the track...........Bubba thought he might run across the track in front of him.

One thing about Bubba.......is you almost knew he was going to crash while watching that moto.
mynewcr250
7/4/2013 2:06pm
whats your point? he wasnt the only one to go down in that section...

7/4/2013 4:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2013 4:45pm
One thing about Bubba.......is you almost knew he was going to crash while watching that moto.

Maybe you. Ive been feeling pretty good about Bubba this year. Now, last year at Unadilla moto 2: yeah, I felt that one coming.

But I also feel two c-ships coming next year.
Coyote
7/4/2013 5:22pm

bullpen658 wrote:
no doubt!!

Post a reply to: Bubbas Bang!

The Latest