Bubba mxon on 125?

Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 12:58pm
Just had a thought,

Why diddnt james ever ride the des nations on the kx 125? He did three streight years in the 125 class right? So why no des nations on it
|
6/3/2015 9:14am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 9:18am
How about some positive input boyo! I was in the height of my "being a no good-nick" in the early 00's so i dont recall.

I know usa did not go due to 9/11 once
huck
6/3/2015 9:28am
I heard that Kawasaki wouldn't let him go....
tprice07
6/3/2015 9:32am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 9:33am
SImple. Roger DeCoster didn't like him. You know that Belgian that manages Team USA? Why don't we put LaRocco or Mitch in charge of Des Nations...

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/3/2015 9:34am
02 was comp park/no race. I don't remember if he was to be on the team; I don't think so, but I don't remember why not. 03 was that weird Dorna one moto race, right? All the riders were on big bikes I'm pretty sure. In 04 he begged off, I believe, because he was going to the 250 smoker for the start of 05 SX. That was the Lierop race, where RC pulled the plug when they couldn't rally Stew and another top rider to have the strongest team, and he and RD focused on RC's transition to the Suzuki.

Stew was getting a lot of external pressure that year, wasn't it, to ride the South African GP, and there seemed to be a lot of promotional leverage trying to ride him to show the sport was diverse (and had diverse appeal). My impression, which with a buck might get you a coffee, is that when stuff off the track gets complicated Stew retreats into the group and family he feels most comfortable with. Which really isn't very different from most of us, whatever we're carrying.

Would have been killer to see the two of them at Leirop; I wouldn't have cared who the third rider was.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/3/2015 9:39am
tprice07 wrote:
SImple. Roger DeCoster didn't like him. You know that Belgian that manages Team USA? Why don't we put LaRocco or Mitch in charge of Des Nations...
06,08?

Maybe it's a little more complicated than that, considering that the Belgian sabotaged the US team to what, 22 wins?

Brent
6/3/2015 9:44am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 9:49am
02 was comp park/no race. I don't remember if he was to be on the team; I don't think so, but I don't remember why not...
02 was comp park/no race. I don't remember if he was to be on the team; I don't think so, but I don't remember why not. 03 was that weird Dorna one moto race, right? All the riders were on big bikes I'm pretty sure. In 04 he begged off, I believe, because he was going to the 250 smoker for the start of 05 SX. That was the Lierop race, where RC pulled the plug when they couldn't rally Stew and another top rider to have the strongest team, and he and RD focused on RC's transition to the Suzuki.

Stew was getting a lot of external pressure that year, wasn't it, to ride the South African GP, and there seemed to be a lot of promotional leverage trying to ride him to show the sport was diverse (and had diverse appeal). My impression, which with a buck might get you a coffee, is that when stuff off the track gets complicated Stew retreats into the group and family he feels most comfortable with. Which really isn't very different from most of us, whatever we're carrying.

Would have been killer to see the two of them at Leirop; I wouldn't have cared who the third rider was.
2002 Team was

Mike Brown
Ricky Carmichael
Mike LaRocco

The team of Tim Ferry, Sean Hamblin, and Kyle Lewis competed at the World Cup replacement race, which was won by Chad Reed on his first USA 450 ride.

6/3/2015 9:46am
06,08? Maybe it's a little more complicated than that, considering that the Belgian sabotaged the US team to what, 22 wins? [img]https://www.ftemoto.com/othergalleries/Misc/images/4310928972_2fde693bfe.jpg[/img]
06,08?

Maybe it's a little more complicated than that, considering that the Belgian sabotaged the US team to what, 22 wins?

...just imagine could have been, if he even liked the u.s. ... a little....
DownSouth
6/3/2015 9:53am
02 was comp park/no race. I don't remember if he was to be on the team; I don't think so, but I don't remember why not...

2002 was another one moto deal. The team was to be RC, Larocco, and Ferry, all on big bikes.

Ferry still rode the World Cup race at Glen Helen that was thrown together after the Competition Park race folded and Sean Hamblin and Kyle Lewis took the spots of RC and Larocco for team USA.

They did run a rescheduled MXDN at Bellpuig Spain a month or so later that was won by Italy.

6/3/2015 10:11am
Such a shame, theres something about the pingers. That would have been epic to c, so pastrana was the last great to ride a 125 in the nations.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
6/3/2015 10:16am
Such a shame, theres something about the pingers. That would have been epic to c, so pastrana was the last great to ride a 125 in...
Such a shame, theres something about the pingers. That would have been epic to c, so pastrana was the last great to ride a 125 in the nations.
Yup

DownSouth
6/3/2015 10:17am Edited Date/Time 6/3/2015 10:19am
Brent wrote:
2002 Team was Mike Brown Ricky Carmichael Mike LaRocco The team of Tim Ferry, Sean Hamblin, and Kyle Lewis competed at the World Cup replacement race...
2002 Team was

Mike Brown
Ricky Carmichael
Mike LaRocco

The team of Tim Ferry, Sean Hamblin, and Kyle Lewis competed at the World Cup replacement race, which was won by Chad Reed on his first USA 450 ride.

Ferry was on the 2002 team, not Brown.

I was very close to booking a trip to the race to watch my hometown boy represent team USA. Something else came up and I couldn't make the trip which did not end up being so bad since the race fell apart.

FB
6/3/2015 10:23am
KlootZak
6/3/2015 12:33pm
tprice07 wrote:
ignorant ...
h&m_cycle
6/3/2015 12:58pm
The '04 Des Nations is the one that bums me out the most that James didn't ride. Could you imagine him on the KX125 on Lierop...
The '04 Des Nations is the one that bums me out the most that James didn't ride.

Could you imagine him on the KX125 on Lierop?

https://youtu.be/ly_Nt0XkibM
Got to give RC4 credit for coming out a couple months before the 2004 des nations, saying he was moving to Suzuki & wasn't
going to the des nations... certain other riders keep everyone guessing... some may say it's none our business... but it is...
fans make travel plans... The letter to the fans... http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2004/07/28july04_carmichael_mdn/

Post a reply to: Bubba mxon on 125?

The Latest