Bruce Baron: Mystery solved

Bauer
Edited Date/Time 7/29/2019 6:17pm
I know there are a few people in here who, like myself, have wondered what happened to former factory Honda rider, Bruce Baron. I've tried to track him down for the past few years to invite him to our annual party, with no luck.

Received word tonight that Bruce passed away in September, 1991. He and his dog burned up when he fell asleep with a lit cigarette. This information came from a former girlfriend who googled his name and saw a thread on Vital, wondering about him. She said she tried to create an account to respond with no luck.

Anyway, that's all I know...one more name to add to the list of dead friends that I read every year at our party. At our last party, a few months ago, I read off four names that had attended the party a year earlier.
|
robkinuk
1/12/2016 2:50am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2016 2:50am
Tough story, Godspeed Bruce!

This is why we started the CRAP party (Christmas Riders Annual Party) at Wilmslow every December, as guys like Rob Bentham & co were getting fed up of only meeting up at someone's funeral.
Better to reminisce about the good old days with a beer in hand!
Chuck Sun's been our Guest of Honour these past two years but looking to invite more top US riders in December 2016!

prnczs15
7/29/2019 12:30am
Would anyone happen to have photos of him for his children??
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/29/2019 11:30am
I believe Bruce ran the notorious number 13 at some point.

Just crazy to hear the cigarette deal. RIP
kb
7/29/2019 6:17pm
Boomslang wrote:
I believe Bruce ran the notorious number 13 at some point.

Just crazy to hear the cigarette deal. RIP
He did- I didn't know him well at all, but I'll never forget him. My 1st pro race was a $5000.00 purse race
at Saddleback. The first lap I was mid-pack, right behind him in a huge pack of guys...going into the tree turn,
I followed him into the same rut, he brake-checked the crap out of me, I slammed into his rear wheel, went
down & got run over by 2 guys....."Welcome to the 250 pros, Chump!!!"
RIP Bruce-

Post a reply to: Bruce Baron: Mystery solved

The Latest