Brotocross video of super slow rider in Supercross

joeyw
Edited Date/Time 1/7/2022 9:05am
Does anyone know where to find the video of the guy going super slow in SX. I think the rule for getting a pro card was because of him
|
1/6/2022 6:44pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2022 8:38pm
I think the guy’s name was Damon Smith and he was some sort of ex-professional athlete who got into moto. Might have even written a book named “Don’t Stop the Swagger” (?)
I happened to talk to him at one of the practice tracks down in California. Super nice guy.

tripleup05
1/6/2022 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2022 7:43pm
Man I miss Brotocross. Dude’s blend of introspective wit with boob jokes was stellar.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
1/6/2022 8:25pm
I think the guy’s name was Damon Smith and he was some sort of ex-professional athlete who got into moto. Might have even written a book...
I think the guy’s name was Damon Smith and he was some sort of ex-professional athlete who got into moto. Might have even written a book named “Don’t Stop the Swagger” (?)
I happened to talk to him at one of the practice tracks down in California. Super nice guy.

He was not the danger the original poster was , but was a cool. Story coming from football , from memory he was a friend of Brett metcalf

There was a guy in his 40s who Had been a pro in the late 90s riding sx a few years back and was a danger to the other guys out there in c practice. From memory he was in a 250 2 stroke , I can’t remember his name either

The Shop

kpersonius264
Fantasy
3579th
1/6/2022 8:37pm
I think the guy’s name was Damon Smith and he was some sort of ex-professional athlete who got into moto. Might have even written a book...

scott_nz wrote:
He was not the danger the original poster was , but was a cool. Story coming from football , from memory he was a friend of...
He was not the danger the original poster was , but was a cool. Story coming from football , from memory he was a friend of Brett metcalf

There was a guy in his 40s who Had been a pro in the late 90s riding sx a few years back and was a danger to the other guys out there in c practice. From memory he was in a 250 2 stroke , I can’t remember his name either
pretty sure I saw that guy in Oakland a few years ago.
1/6/2022 8:42pm

scott_nz wrote:
He was not the danger the original poster was , but was a cool. Story coming from football , from memory he was a friend of...

pretty sure I saw that guy in Oakland a few years ago.
Ronnie Ford baby 😂 I fukn miss Eazy too dawg
Kyle978
1/6/2022 8:59pm
Ronnie Ford and Damon Smith, some legends right there.

God damn SX/MX has some characters from top to bottom.
NorCal1975
1/6/2022 9:40pm
We saw a guy at Hangtown in I think 2018 or 2019 who I swear was north of 275 pounds, probably 6 foot or so. Needless to say his times were not fast enough to qualify, but made you wander what he was doing there? I had a picture but can't seem to find it. No way he was going 30 plus 2 if he had somehow snuck in
1/7/2022 3:30am
Kyle978 wrote:

The sad part is that I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis by Ronnie Ford here in the Vet classes at local tracks in the Midwest. The guy still qualifies for Loretta’s whenever he wants to. He actually goes pretty damn well on a dirt bike. It just goes to show you how vast the talent gap is between the average rider and a Supercross night show qualifier.
1/7/2022 3:36am
Kyle978 wrote:

The sad part is that I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis by Ronnie Ford here in the Vet classes at local...
The sad part is that I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis by Ronnie Ford here in the Vet classes at local tracks in the Midwest. The guy still qualifies for Loretta’s whenever he wants to. He actually goes pretty damn well on a dirt bike. It just goes to show you how vast the talent gap is between the average rider and a Supercross night show qualifier.
It’s crazy how that works isn’t it? I remember a few years back riding at a track near Toledo, OH and a pro by the name of Broc Peterson was shredding there. Passing us like we were C class goons. Few weeks later he just made the cut to qualify at RedBud. Those top guys are unreal!!
wydopen
1/7/2022 4:48am
Remember being at a race when I was a kid at castaic lake circa 1995 and there was a guy on a RM125 that was insanely fast..was at supercross a few weeks later at the colosseum? I believe and the guy could barley make it around the track in day practice.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/7/2022 4:55am
Kyle978 wrote:

The sad part is that I get my ass handed to me on a regular basis by Ronnie Ford here in the Vet classes at local...
It’s crazy how that works isn’t it? I remember a few years back riding at a track near Toledo, OH and a pro by the name...
It’s crazy how that works isn’t it? I remember a few years back riding at a track near Toledo, OH and a pro by the name of Broc Peterson was shredding there. Passing us like we were C class goons. Few weeks later he just made the cut to qualify at RedBud. Those top guys are unreal!!
Yep, remember first time going to Red Bud and seeing local A guys that I thought were fast looking like they didn't belong out there. Wake up call for sure!
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/7/2022 4:57am
Kyle978 wrote:

And SX is definitely a different animal than outdoors, you can be fast on a MX track but the timing for SX doesn't just come for some
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
1/7/2022 5:03am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2022 6:17am
It’s crazy how that works isn’t it? I remember a few years back riding at a track near Toledo, OH and a pro by the name...
yak651 wrote:
Yep, remember first time going to Red Bud and seeing local A guys that I thought were fast looking like they didn't belong out there. Wake...
Yep, remember first time going to Red Bud and seeing local A guys that I thought were fast looking like they didn't belong out there. Wake up call for sure!
That is one of the disconnects from motocross to other sports. A lot of riders don’t think they are far off from a bottom of the barrel sx rider who’s out there struggling, in reality they are not even close. In stick and ball sports most people know they are not even on the same spectrum because they have a 16” vertical and run a 5.8 40 😂. I love pro sports, true tip of the spear athletes.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/7/2022 5:47am
What happened to Brotocross? Just seemed to have disappeared suddenly
8tensolutions
1/7/2022 6:01am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I think he works for Red Bull or Monster now in some sort of production job or something along those lines. it's too bad, as that blow was hilarious. The RacerX fan of the week breakdown and almost everything he wrote was just awesome.
Johnny Ringo
1/7/2022 6:35am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
The quad guys were ready to murder him. I wish his site was still up with some archives. Would love to go read “Anaheim for Assholes” again
murph783
1/7/2022 6:37am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
He’s still around, still rides, but yeah I think he got a real job
1/7/2022 6:58am
I miss the days of going to A1 and checking out the first practices as they always provided so many laughs. On one hand I felt bad for those guys…but then reality slapped me in the face and I realized they should know how bad they are and should have made the choice to not embarrass themselves. Good times indeed.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/7/2022 7:55am
The quad guys were ready to murder him. I wish his site was still up with some archives. Would love to go read “Anaheim for Assholes”...
The quad guys were ready to murder him. I wish his site was still up with some archives. Would love to go read “Anaheim for Assholes” again
Johnny Ringo
1/7/2022 8:33am
Lol thanks Mav. I’m steering clear of the last link though. Good find bro!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/7/2022 8:38am
Kyle978 wrote:

yak651 wrote:
And SX is definitely a different animal than outdoors, you can be fast on a MX track but the timing for SX doesn't just come for...
And SX is definitely a different animal than outdoors, you can be fast on a MX track but the timing for SX doesn't just come for some
This. Supercross is very different.
Lastander
1/7/2022 8:41am
I remember the nail in the coffin for Eli was probably when he made a joke about Caleb Moore, the freestyle-snowmobile rider that eventually died from his injuries at Xgames.
I remember some deaththreats floating around, Eazy didnt know that Caleb had died and made some jokes about snowmobile riders were just quad riders on snow
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
1/7/2022 8:51am
Last one is just a bunch of links with the word assholes in the URL in posts he's made. It's safe. Grinning
Johnny Ringo
1/7/2022 8:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Last one is just a bunch of links with the word assholes in the URL in posts he's made. It's safe. Grinning
LMAO
Jardo
Fantasy
2053rd
1/7/2022 8:56am
Yep, that made me spit coffee on my keyboard.
murph783
1/7/2022 9:05am
The quad guys were ready to murder him. I wish his site was still up with some archives. Would love to go read “Anaheim for Assholes”...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure if these are what you're looking for, but that's all I could find. [b]2012[/b] [url=https://web.archive.org/web/20120210103015/http://brotocross.com/featured/a2-for-assholes-the-450-lap-by-lap-breakdown/]A2 For Assholes: 450 Breakdown[/url] [url=https://web.archive.org/web/20130509073542/http://brotocross.com/featured/a2-for-assholes-250-class-breakdown/]A2 For Assholes: 250 Breakdown[/url]...
There was a line in one of these about dungey’s ktm handling like a Buick or Oldsmobile in the whoops that I remember reading and about spitting my drink out. Brotocross needs to make a comeback

Post a reply to: Brotocross video of super slow rider in Supercross

The Latest