Brothers Lawrence

66TR66
5/6/2021 5:47pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the...
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the championship after two rounds.

Australian moto stocks are in good hands right now!
Dont forget kyle webster is showing an elevated form in 250s over here. I'd be surprised to see webster and duffy in aus in 2022, i...
Dont forget kyle webster is showing an elevated form in 250s over here.

I'd be surprised to see webster and duffy in aus in 2022, i think they'll both get snapped up by overseas. Hopefully they dont join some low level hack team like other aussies in the past.
Regan's Dad won't let that happen and it 's such a shame it happened to Caleb Grouthes.
Coenmx
5/6/2021 6:17pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2021 6:26pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the...
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the championship after two rounds.

Australian moto stocks are in good hands right now!
Dont forget kyle webster is showing an elevated form in 250s over here. I'd be surprised to see webster and duffy in aus in 2022, i...

I'd be surprised to see webster and duffy in aus in 2022, i think they'll both get snapped up by overseas. Hopefully they dont join some low level hack team like other aussies in the past.
66TR66 wrote:
Regan's Dad won't let that happen and it 's such a shame it happened to Caleb Grouthes.
A lot of the top aussies overseas at the moment were on sub par teams or low level at one stage and they still made it or were able to perform on those teams . It’s more to do with the rider and have they got what it takes to grind it out not everyone walks straight into the top teams without doing the hard yards first . Pretty sure Kyle did have a fill in ride or a crack overseas but it didn’t pan out with injuries. People think it’s all the teams , sometimes unfortunately some riders just don’t cut it . It’s not easy that’s why only a few stick at it and show promise. They may be on top teams now but they worked their way up . You can’t just expect cause you kill it in Australia to automatically deserve to walk into a factory ride . Same thing here a lot of top amateurs don’t end up doing that well and other amateurs that weren’t that great or on great teams are now winning championships look at colt Nichols.
captmoto
5/6/2021 6:26pm
crusty_xx wrote:
So who do we think will do better outdoors? I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do...
So who do we think will do better outdoors?
I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do have several weeks off now which they normally don't have. People forget that he was hurt in the off season and just started riding in January or so. He's not going in hurt into outdoors.
Hunter was able to push at the end of just about every race. He has another 3 weeks to train and prep for nationals. He's in at least as good a shape as anyone.
66TR66
5/6/2021 6:39pm

66TR66 wrote:
Coenmx wrote:
A lot of the top aussies overseas at the moment were on sub par teams or low level at one stage and they still made it...
A lot of the top aussies overseas at the moment were on sub par teams or low level at one stage and they still made it or were able to perform on those teams . It’s more to do with the rider and have they got what it takes to grind it out not everyone walks straight into the top teams without doing the hard yards first . Pretty sure Kyle did have a fill in ride or a crack overseas but it didn’t pan out with injuries. People think it’s all the teams , sometimes unfortunately some riders just don’t cut it . It’s not easy that’s why only a few stick at it and show promise. They may be on top teams now but they worked their way up . You can’t just expect cause you kill it in Australia to automatically deserve to walk into a factory ride . Same thing here a lot of top amateurs don’t end up doing that well and other amateurs that weren’t that great or on great teams are now winning championships look at colt Nichols.
Well put Coen.
I liken it to Speedway, guy's leave Australia to follow there dream to race in Europe and it's either sink or swim.
Very few have a natural talent like a (Leigh Adams) and most have to have a raw determination to succeed (Jason Lyons)

The Shop

skypig
5/6/2021 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2021 3:44pm
^^^

And the top teams aren’t totally ignorant.

If they see a rider on a sub par bike/team getting results that no one else has managed on that bike/team, they are likely to understand the situation.
EG “That team hasn’t had a top 10 in the last 2 seasons, and that young Aussie has a few top 5’s and a 3rd so far”
5/6/2021 8:28pm
Hunter’s bonus from Honda was for top-2 only..
His finish in that race got him to second in the points, he was probably so stoked and just made an absolute shitload of money, the mechanic would get a part of his bonus so probably didn’t care either haha..
SilverSpurs
5/6/2021 8:29pm
crusty_xx wrote:
So who do we think will do better outdoors? I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do...
So who do we think will do better outdoors?
I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do have several weeks off now which they normally don't have. People forget that he was hurt in the off season and just started riding in January or so. He's not going in hurt into outdoors.
captmoto wrote:
Hunter was able to push at the end of just about every race. He has another 3 weeks to train and prep for nationals. He's in...
Hunter was able to push at the end of just about every race. He has another 3 weeks to train and prep for nationals. He's in at least as good a shape as anyone.
This ∆.
He had fastest lap time at many races, often in the later laps.
He is a superb athlete getting ready to compete outdoors, his forte.

Post a reply to: Brothers Lawrence

The Latest