Brothers Lawrence

skypig
Edited Date/Time 5/7/2021 3:45pm
Being an Aussie, living on the Sunshine Coast QLD.
It’s almost surreal to see 2 local brothers finish 1st and 3rd (after a crash!) in the East/West Shootout, and 2nd and 3rd in their respective series.

Great result.

Bring on the Motocross.
|
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
5/5/2021 4:40pm
Motocross will be super interesting.

We know Jett can win and we know Hunter has amazing speed.
I'm keen to see some good battles.
hopefully 1&2 off the start and we see a full moto of them battling.
Lowlander
5/5/2021 8:00pm
Would be cool to see both of them fighting for podiums week in week out.
DynoDan22
5/5/2021 9:13pm
I was a bit surprised to see Hunter ghost ride his bike after the last 250 race. Not a good look. Did anyone else notice that?
Crisp
5/5/2021 9:53pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
I was a bit surprised to see Hunter ghost ride his bike after the last 250 race. Not a good look. Did anyone else notice that?
Yep. Loved it.

The Shop

5/5/2021 10:19pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
Ya totally missed it. Smh
5/5/2021 10:35pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
Yeah I was surprised at that. Very disrespectful to your mechanics imho. Like maybe after a championship or something, but not after a 3rd.
But hey!, they are just kids..
stoked to see the aussies up there banging!
captmoto
5/5/2021 10:41pm
Anybody else but his brother and it wouldn't have happened. It's a non-event to me.
Motofinne
5/5/2021 11:00pm
Remember when there were people that seriously thought Hunter didn't deserve to be on that team and that he got the ride only because of Jett/the agent. Lol.
5/5/2021 11:01pm
Joel Spoor wrote:
Yeah I was surprised at that. Very disrespectful to your mechanics imho. Like maybe after a championship or something, but not after a 3rd. But hey...
Yeah I was surprised at that. Very disrespectful to your mechanics imho. Like maybe after a championship or something, but not after a 3rd.

gerg
5/5/2021 11:29pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
Wasn't the first and won't be the last.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
5/5/2021 11:39pm
Put Mitch Evans to them and you have MXoN contender right there. Cool And you still have Jed Beaton or Todd Wilson as a replacement rider in case of injuries.

I'm bored of France winning, USA thinking they are winning it automatically when showing up in the pits & Dutchies are good but volatile to injuries of their two superhumans. Belgium is basically left 4 dead in the sea of mediocrity and when JvH89 retires it will be even tougher - Liam Everts and Geerts can't win or score podium for Belgium just by themselves.

It is prime time for the blokes in yellow and green to do some damage... if there is any MXoN of course.
Jake-247
5/5/2021 11:41pm
It is crazy to see, I remember riding out at Coolum and seeing them there pounding out laps. Everyone knew those two were gonna be something special...
5/5/2021 11:58pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
Ok Matthes
CPR
5/6/2021 2:24am
DynoDan22 wrote:
Ok Matthes
It’s not a Matthes take, it’s a mechanics take.
Hated that shit when I was building bikes, but now, not involved at all anymore and I laughed and enjoyed Hunter’s ghost.
Can see both sides; hours and hours of passion and effort into building a bike and watching the rider disrespect that? Not impressed! Young rider finishing on the podium with his brother and ghosting his bike? Awesome celebration!

You know there doesn’t always have to be right or wrong, black and white, for or against. Sometimes it’s all about perspective and if you try just a little, you’ll see both sides and enjoy twice as much 👍
skypig
5/6/2021 2:30am
CPR wrote:
It’s not a Matthes take, it’s a mechanics take. Hated that shit when I was building bikes, but now, not involved at all anymore and I...
Hated that shit when I was building bikes, but now, not involved at all anymore and I laughed and enjoyed Hunter’s ghost.
Can see both sides; hours and hours of passion and effort into building a bike and watching the rider disrespect that? Not impressed! Young rider finishing on the podium with his brother and ghosting his bike? Awesome celebration!

You know there doesn’t always have to be right or wrong, black and white, for or against. Sometimes it’s all about perspective and if you try just a little, you’ll see both sides and enjoy twice as much 👍
Careful with your logic and reason on here!
LOL

Seriously - a very valid and considered post.
Nice work.
Who would have thought anyone could see both sides of a story?

Being an optimist, I’m hopeing Hunter went back to the pits and said:
“Sorry man. Dick move, but I was so stoked to finish third after my crash, and see little Bro win, I went a little crazy!”
“Can I do anything to help? BTW - any damage must have been due the race crash 💥 “
Smile
jemcee
5/6/2021 2:50am
CPR wrote:
It’s not a Matthes take, it’s a mechanics take. Hated that shit when I was building bikes, but now, not involved at all anymore and I...

skypig wrote:
Careful with your logic and reason on here! LOL Seriously - a very valid and considered post. Nice work. Who would have thought anyone could see...
Careful with your logic and reason on here!
LOL

Seriously - a very valid and considered post.
Nice work.
Who would have thought anyone could see both sides of a story?

Being an optimist, I’m hopeing Hunter went back to the pits and said:
“Sorry man. Dick move, but I was so stoked to finish third after my crash, and see little Bro win, I went a little crazy!”
“Can I do anything to help? BTW - any damage must have been due the race crash 💥 “
Smile
Or maybe there's been conversations between him and the mechanic where the mechanic has said he doesn't share Matthes' opinion and thinks ghosting it is funny..
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
5/6/2021 3:05am
Do we have evidence that he wasn't so incredibly skilled to land that Honda on its wheels? He was burning the rubber off the rear tire not long after...
MyBobbym
5/6/2021 4:24am
skypig wrote:
Being an Aussie, living on the Sunshine Coast QLD. It’s almost surreal to see 2 local brothers finish 1st and 3rd (after a crash!) in the...
Being an Aussie, living on the Sunshine Coast QLD.
It’s almost surreal to see 2 local brothers finish 1st and 3rd (after a crash!) in the East/West Shootout, and 2nd and 3rd in their respective series.

Great result.

Bring on the Motocross.
There's much more to come.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
5/6/2021 4:57am
Put Mitch Evans to them and you have MXoN contender right there. B) And you still have Jed Beaton or Todd Wilson as a replacement rider...
Put Mitch Evans to them and you have MXoN contender right there. Cool And you still have Jed Beaton or Todd Wilson as a replacement rider in case of injuries.

I'm bored of France winning, USA thinking they are winning it automatically when showing up in the pits & Dutchies are good but volatile to injuries of their two superhumans. Belgium is basically left 4 dead in the sea of mediocrity and when JvH89 retires it will be even tougher - Liam Everts and Geerts can't win or score podium for Belgium just by themselves.

It is prime time for the blokes in yellow and green to do some damage... if there is any MXoN of course.
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the championship after two rounds.

Australian moto stocks are in good hands right now!
Mr. Afterbar
5/6/2021 5:01am
Put Mitch Evans to them and you have MXoN contender right there. B) And you still have Jed Beaton or Todd Wilson as a replacement rider...

USA thinks they are automally winning MXdN? I don't think so. The hate is still real. I agree that it will be great to see AUS with a strong lineup for next year if the race happens. It better!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
5/6/2021 5:54am
So who do we think will do better outdoors?
I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do have several weeks off now which they normally don't have. People forget that he was hurt in the off season and just started riding in January or so. He's not going in hurt into outdoors.
5/6/2021 6:30am
DynoDan22 wrote:
Holy shit you guys are soft.
peltier626
5/6/2021 6:37am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2021 6:41am
DynoDan22 wrote:
This is dirt bike riding on a dirt circle. These are kids having fun riding their dirt bikes and just so happen to be brothers who finished respectively well in a big race. Hell yes I saw him ghost ride the bike after the race was over, and loved it. It's not like he Deaganed it and put anyone's safety in jeopardy. The Lawrence's are a breath of fresh air in this stale era.
SilverSpurs
5/6/2021 11:07am
crusty_xx wrote:
So who do we think will do better outdoors? I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do...
I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do have several weeks off now which they normally don't have. People forget that he was hurt in the off season and just started riding in January or so. He's not going in hurt into outdoors.
It's going to be interesting.

Jett won a European MX 250 round when he was 13; Hunter duked it out with Osborne in 2017 as a kid.
5/6/2021 3:04pm
aaryn #234 wrote:
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the...
And Duffy is coming, 18 year old mixing it with the best left in Australia including Clout, Waters, Metcalfe, Gibbs, Mellross and more and leading the championship after two rounds.

Australian moto stocks are in good hands right now!
Dont forget kyle webster is showing an elevated form in 250s over here.

I'd be surprised to see webster and duffy in aus in 2022, i think they'll both get snapped up by overseas. Hopefully they dont join some low level hack team like other aussies in the past.
BikePilot
5/6/2021 3:52pm
Anyone have a good video of Hunters ghost ride? Barely in the frame on peacock. My 7yr old is dying to see it.
Kevin852
5/6/2021 4:13pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
Joel Spoor wrote:
Yeah I was surprised at that. Very disrespectful to your mechanics imho. Like maybe after a championship or something, but not after a 3rd. But hey...
Man, Steward Baylor must give you a seizure than.....

https://racerxonline.com/2021/05/05/gncc-report-sipes-and-pastrana-vs-t…
5/6/2021 4:38pm
crusty_xx wrote:
So who do we think will do better outdoors? I'm saying Hunter. Just not sure how prepared he will come into the season. But they do...
I also think Hunter will be stronger outdoors, I can't wait, this will be the most interesting for Aussies in a while.

Post a reply to: Brothers Lawrence

The Latest