Broke my collarbone

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2020 4:21 PM

Broke my collarbone last night at riverfront Mx. I got landed on and there was a good 5 rider pile up Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/9/2020 4:23 PM

Shit happens bud.

|

rarararaataatatatata

8/9/2020 4:29 PM

Damn bro. Hopefully you feel better soon! Did you get any other injuries? I’m confused why you’re so hooked up to monitors and IV’s. Every time I broke my collar bone, they backed me up to the wall, took an x-ray and confirmed it was broken, put me in a sling and gave me some pain pills.

Shitty part of the sport for sure but you’ll be fine and wanting to get back on your bike before your body will even allow you. grin

|

8/9/2020 4:36 PM

Welcome to the club!

|

8/9/2020 4:49 PM

If you continue riding expect a few more! Hope you heal up quick!

|

8/9/2020 5:30 PM

How long did most of you guys take to heal up? Did mine 4 weeks ago along with a collapsed lung and I'm still waiting on it to heal up. Can still feel it moving around. Photo

|

8/9/2020 5:46 PM

Did they reset it? That’s very out of place.

|

8/9/2020 6:13 PM

rite of passage, don't sneeze, cough, or laugh for awhile

|

8/9/2020 6:18 PM

My left has been broken 2 times, my right 3 times.
You are not a real motocrosser until you’ve broken a collarbone at least once, it’s kind of a right of passage.

Heal up soon dude.

|

8/9/2020 7:02 PM

Damn kowalsk that’s a good one. I broke mine two weeks ago but it was more of a shatter, still feels pretty insecure but it’s not as painful. Check this guys YouTube video on his collarbone, he had a similar break as you.

|

8/9/2020 7:30 PM

b_kowalsk wrote:

How long did most of you guys take to heal up? Did mine 4 weeks ago along with a collapsed lung and I'm still waiting on it to heal up. Can still feel it moving around. Photo

4-6 weeks with no surgery. 6-10 with surgery in my experience.

The lung is a bigger issue. If I’m you, I’m waiting 10-12 to get back on the bike.

I’ve personally rushed back earlier and gotten hurt way worse. One of the biggest lessons I had to learn the hard way.

Unless you’re getting paid to show up and ride, take your time and heal.

|

8/9/2020 7:32 PM

Not exactly a collarbone but I just had an AC separation a week ago. Got my collarbone break outta the way about 15yrs ago. Like aeffertz said they just x rayed me (even though it was obvious it was broke) gave me a sling and sent me home. Weird they have you hooked up to all that stuff. You look pretty young so many more injurys coming your way if you keep playing this game.

|

8/9/2020 7:34 PM

Mxracer607 wrote:

Broke my collarbone last night at riverfront Mx. I got landed on and there was a good 5 rider pile up Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Get better bud! Getting landed on after crashing is the absolute worst.

As you get faster you’re gonna crash more until the experience catches up with the speed. When I moved up from 80s to 125’s I crashed so much. If there was a way to hit the ground I did. Don’t let it get you down. Use the time off to get stronger mentally and then when able physically without impacting your recovery.

You’ll come back stronger and faster. Until then, rest up and eat well!

|

8/9/2020 7:35 PM

Will check out that video. Definitely good info and great to hear from others with similar experience. They did not reset anything with me, I've just been doing my best to keep it aligned. They seemed to be most concerned with the lung issue.

|

8/9/2020 7:57 PM

Dude get that thing plated. I was a new man after the surgery.

|

8/9/2020 9:45 PM

Jeremy Macbeth wrote:

Dude get that thing plated. I was a new man after the surgery.

Plus one on the plate

|

8/9/2020 9:50 PM

Forgot to say heal up and welcome to the club! You become a gold member when you break both sides

|

8/9/2020 10:14 PM

You need to find out which one works better for you, the sling or the figure 8 brace. The two times Ive done mine, the sling made hurt worse, but the figure 8 was instant relief.

|

8/9/2020 10:23 PM

RonSkj wrote:

You need to find out which one works better for you, the sling or the figure 8 brace. The two times Ive done mine, the sling made hurt worse, but the figure 8 was instant relief.

They say it doesn't make a difference in the healing process but it sure felt better to me when I wore the figure 8 brace

|

8/10/2020 2:27 AM

RonSkj wrote:

this, I thought i wanted a sling at first but they didn't have one. I wore the x for a day than I found a sling. Within one hour I went back to the x. I could feel everything move around wearing the sling. With the x I could use my arm somewhat.

|

8/10/2020 4:19 AM

Plate and 4 screws here. She is solid. Good luck bud.

|

8/10/2020 4:37 AM

RonSkj wrote:

Broke mine a few years back, drove myself to the hospital. They xrayed it and gave me one of those damn slings for my arm. I was slumped over and in pain. Called my Chiro, he adjusted it and my neck, put me in a figure 8 and i was like a new man! I dont know why they give you a sling... I took some supplements my Chiro suggested and was good to go in a couple of weeks!

|

8/10/2020 4:39 AM

Plate it! Mine healed extremely fast. Also little to no pain after surgery. Never even used the pain killers prescribed. Back on bike in 5 weeks.

|

8/10/2020 7:03 AM

atrdrvr7 wrote:

Plate it! Mine healed extremely fast. Also little to no pain after surgery. Never even used the pain killers prescribed. Back on bike in 5 weeks.

I agree with this 100%. A plate and 6 screws for me. No pain killers and back riding in 5-6 weeks.

|

8/10/2020 7:08 AM

atrdrvr7 wrote:

500 Mike wrote:

I agree with this 100%. A plate and 6 screws for me. No pain killers and back riding in 5-6 weeks.

Yup same here plate 8 screws 6 weeks riding again. Photo

|

8/10/2020 3:08 PM

Damn kiddo , I'm really sorry to hear about that. I've been through it 3 different times myself. Get healed up , and you'll be itching to ride again in about 6 - 8 weeks. My experiences , it ached up until about 12 weeks or so , but then loosened up and felt some what normal. My last break , on my left side was broke in 3 spots. I didn't go with a plate , even though the doctor suggested it. It still isn't strait after about 12 years. But it works good enough to get the job done.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/10/2020 3:14 PM

I broke mine July 8th mountain biking. I got surgery on the 11th, I rode my bike for the first time since today!

|

8/10/2020 5:47 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Damn bro. Hopefully you feel better soon! Did you get any other injuries? I’m confused why you’re so hooked up to monitors and IV’s. Every time I broke my collar bone, they backed me up to the wall, took an x-ray and confirmed it was broken, put me in a sling and gave me some pain pills.

Shitty part of the sport for sure but you’ll be fine and wanting to get back on your bike before your body will even allow you. grin

Thanks man. I do not know why they hooked me up too so many machines as my only injury was the collarbone

|

8/10/2020 5:49 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Damn kiddo , I'm really sorry to hear about that. I've been through it 3 different times myself. Get healed up , and you'll be itching to ride again in about 6 - 8 weeks. My experiences , it ached up until about 12 weeks or so , but then loosened up and felt some what normal. My last break , on my left side was broke in 3 spots. I didn't go with a plate , even though the doctor suggested it. It still isn't strait after about 12 years. But it works good enough to get the job done.

Thanks man

|

8/10/2020 5:50 PM

Thanks for all the support guys very appreciated

|