Broke my back yesterday

8/2/2017 12:30am
You guys are unreal. I am blessed to be receiving such positive thoughts and words from all of you. The success stories of those of you breaking your backs and returning to ride also blow me away, it's such great motivation as all I want to do is ride again. I was running 8th place in the B class as the crash happened, which would've been my best finish this season so far. Again, thank you all so much. I didn't think I'd receive so much support, wow.
teggers
8/2/2017 12:46am
Best wishes......

Check out the live feed to LL's while you are stuck there. It is like you are there.
BB366
8/2/2017 3:26am
Nice style on the bike mate. Best of luck for the recovery. I fractured my T3 20 odd years ago and I'm fine now. You'll be moving around in no time. Cheers

The Shop

Hank_Thrill
8/2/2017 10:47am
Glad to hear your surgery went well. You seem to be in positive spirits too which is great. Another thing you could do until you get to ride again is close your eyes and visualize you're out practicing or racing your local track. There's quite a bit of research on the positive benefits of athletes doing visualization exercises.

The most important thing like others have said is to keep a positive attitude and grow as much as you can as a person in other areas of life. There will be days you feel down and just know it's okay to feel that way. I almost died in February and had to stop riding. One thing that's helped me get through this time has been music, both listening and playing. It can be very therapeutic. Find out what works for you though. Odds are, you'll come out of this experience a stronger person than what you were before the accident.

And like others have said. Be careful on the pain pills. I've worked with people who became addicted to them through prescriptions and it flat out sucks how bad those things can wreck lives (several mx pros are some other examples).

JB426
8/2/2017 3:53pm
Prayers sent your way.
ga_pike
8/2/2017 3:54pm
Thoughts and prayers your way young man. Get well soon!!
Harvdog21
8/2/2017 4:33pm
Best wishes on your recovery. Spinal fractures many times have great outcomes. I fractured T-3 and broke T-4 in half in an AX crash at 40 years old. I had T-2 to T-7 fused with two rods, 10 screws, and a few plates. Ten years later I am making the podium in the A and B classes at 50 years old.

Build up your core strength and get off the Vicodin, Soma, and other pain meds as soon as possible. Pool therapy is great, but listen to your doctor closely. A spinal fracture is not like an arm fracture where you can saw off your cast 3-weeks after you break it. Learn to deal with the pain and do not get too friendly with any narcotic. Accept your gift that you are not in a wheelchair, and live your life fully and completely.
ruy
8/2/2017 4:50pm
Ey rider I wish you recover the best and soonest possible, have a lot of encouragement and have patience, do not be in a hurry to return to ride, recover well. Be strong. A hug!
Hudweiser9
8/2/2017 4:50pm
Hoping you have a full and speedy recovery! Hang in there, stay positive and follow doctor's orders.
8/3/2017 1:38pm
Hey guys, today I was able to sit up on the side of my bed for the first time since the accident! I am so happy with progress. Tomorrow they want me to take a first step
mxbigd17
8/3/2017 2:36pm
Heal fast, real fast.
Never give up.....

Post a reply to: Broke my back yesterday

The Latest