kxking
Fantasy
1235th
8/1/2017 8:39am
Get well soon my friend.
rpoint116
8/1/2017 8:51am
Which are you getting fused?

Wishing you the best!! Your a young dude, you'll be ok!! Watch the pain meds.

Keep us posted.

The Shop

sparker245
8/1/2017 3:15pm
Hang in there, young man. Focus on the positives....such as no paralysis...that's obviously major, you're very lucky. A positive attitude is more important than any medical magic. Do what the docs say, but realize that they're used to dealing with "normal" patients, not moto crossers. We're a different breed, and our recovery time is generally way less than most. Take the least amount of narcotics, and move as much as possible using common sense, even if it's just light stretching of your arms, legs etc. I could go on and on with suggestions from recent personal experience. I crashed seven weeks ago and have compression wedge fractures to T12, L1 and L2. Luckily no surgery needed, but spent three days in ICU and another three in an ortho ward, and am wearing a back brace. I got in the pool the day I got home, and I honestly believe that has cut my recovery time significantly. Don't allow your self to start the "why me" crap. Get the surgery, get out of the hospital, rehab like a mad man (using common sense), and get back on the bike. Minus the surgery, that's my plan, and I can't wait to start training on the bike soon for the World Vet in November. I'm 61 and way ahead of what the doctors said I'd be doing recovery wise....you can do it too.
gt80rider
8/1/2017 3:19pm
I hope you have a speedy and full recovery! Keep your head up, if you aren't charging, you are fading. Never, ever, fade!
VilloFan951
8/1/2017 3:20pm
Dang man that sucks. Heal up fast praying for a quick recovery
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
8/1/2017 3:27pm
That killer black Husky isn't going to ride itself! Heal up fast, man. Cool
8/1/2017 3:30pm
sparker245 wrote:
Hang in there, young man. Focus on the positives....such as no paralysis...that's obviously major, you're very lucky. A positive attitude is more important than any medical...
Hang in there, young man. Focus on the positives....such as no paralysis...that's obviously major, you're very lucky. A positive attitude is more important than any medical magic. Do what the docs say, but realize that they're used to dealing with "normal" patients, not moto crossers. We're a different breed, and our recovery time is generally way less than most. Take the least amount of narcotics, and move as much as possible using common sense, even if it's just light stretching of your arms, legs etc. I could go on and on with suggestions from recent personal experience. I crashed seven weeks ago and have compression wedge fractures to T12, L1 and L2. Luckily no surgery needed, but spent three days in ICU and another three in an ortho ward, and am wearing a back brace. I got in the pool the day I got home, and I honestly believe that has cut my recovery time significantly. Don't allow your self to start the "why me" crap. Get the surgery, get out of the hospital, rehab like a mad man (using common sense), and get back on the bike. Minus the surgery, that's my plan, and I can't wait to start training on the bike soon for the World Vet in November. I'm 61 and way ahead of what the doctors said I'd be doing recovery wise....you can do it too.
Words of wisdom. Heal up, bro. Check in when you can.
8/1/2017 3:56pm
Thank you so much all, these kind words mean the world to me. The surgery this morning was successful. Now it's road to recovery from here on out, I will ride again, that is the goal! Cool
ledger
8/1/2017 4:04pm
Thank you so much all, these kind words mean the world to me. The surgery this morning was successful. Now it's road to recovery from here...
Thank you so much all, these kind words mean the world to me. The surgery this morning was successful. Now it's road to recovery from here on out, I will ride again, that is the goal! Cool
Props to a successful surgery, and I like the..."I will ride again". You got this. Wink
dirtnapper
8/1/2017 4:08pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
You look like Dean Wilson
Bro no need to insult him.......

Tongue

Good luck buddy, I am hoping for the best for you!
Glen
8/1/2017 4:20pm
Get well soon!
tempura
8/1/2017 5:26pm
How'd the surgery go?
Keep positive and you'll get through this. You're young and will heal fast.
Last year I sustained compression damage from a high speed high side. I wasn't wearing any back protection. It didn't require surgery, but was a fairly long road to recovery. I also smashed up my elbow, which still isn't right to this day.. But you look much younger than me..lol
Let us know, when you can young man.
8/1/2017 5:53pm
Hang in there buddy. You can make it and it will all work out good. It will seem strange because often they dont tell you all the different things you will feel while recovering, but each stage will pass and you can do it. Prayers for you brother, may you get the holeshot and out run this with as much ease as possible. Rooting for you.
FahQ
8/1/2017 6:12pm
Keep a positive attitude, this happened a year and a half ago to my little brother (39).
He shattered 5 vertebrae and now has 7 fused. He is now back up to speed. And still faster than me. His doctors advised him not to ride again, but it was his love of this sport that kept him positive and driven to ride again. Wishing you a speedy recovery young man!
dimetime
8/1/2017 7:17pm
Happy to read about the success of your surgery.

Positive thoughts sent your way for total and complete recovery.

Hope you do ride again.
dre3101
Fantasy
1733rd
8/1/2017 7:31pm
Positive thoughts for a full recovery from Texas.
sc961
8/1/2017 7:34pm
Matt, good luck with the docs and surgery.
Listen to the PT people when that time comes. Do what they tell you, plus work on your own.
Just don't over do things early.. Typical moto way of thinking might not be the best way to recover from this one.
Hey, your hospital apparel matches up pretty close with your moto gear..
Maybe that's a good sign. Keep your head up.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
8/1/2017 7:38pm
Best of luck to you.. I broke my back and had surgery. Was flatlanding the big triple in no time but i was convinced it was over. Get your strength and mobility going again and go from there. Stay positive.
bionic218
8/1/2017 7:44pm
Bro, how'd you talk them into a gown that matches your gear? Sick!

Get well soon. Speedy recovery!
ledger
8/1/2017 8:04pm
If you have access to a pool, (when Dr. approved) use it, use it, use it, and then use it more. It's been almost 10 year's since my back surgery and swimming helped me above and beyond any physical therapy. Watch those pain med's please, they're far more effin dangerous than moto. Keep us informed on your progress. Cheers.
8/1/2017 9:05pm
Shaun,,

Sorry to hear about your injury, but am certainly happy the operation was successful. Too bad you are going to miss the next two months of riding, but that is what is so great about Manitoba, you will only miss two months! You know once the snow falls and winter arrives, the best things to on are hockey, recover and rebuild, bike and body.

Set some goals for next season. It should be great.
cortez.cr
8/2/2017 12:08am
Hey buddy.
Healing vibes and speedy recovery.

You will bounce back to top shape!

Post a reply to: Broke my back yesterday

The Latest