Broc Tickle to Yamaha

davistld01
7/27/2020 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2020 3:05pm
RalphS wrote:
European rednecks are fun, this thread is about Tickle on Yami not Villo MXGP on Kawi
Boomslang wrote:
Ya, and all I said was that Tickle is going to rape Barcia.
You just can't stand not to have the spotlight on you, can you?
Bearuno
7/27/2020 6:34pm
Bearuno wrote:
"Outa shape, not prepped and on a shitty bike". The constant excuse made for him. That, was down to Him. Choices he made - no one...
"Outa shape, not prepped and on a shitty bike".

The constant excuse made for him.

That, was down to Him. Choices he made - no one else.

So, His choices meant he had not a hope in hell of winning The World Championships.

He won a GP on a disgraceful, 'county show' level track in fearful weather conditions, in Thailand. Good on him, it was a mighty effort. His first and only GP win that season. He then looped out desperately trying to stay in front of Desalle, who I suspect was about to send him into the stratosphere after Villo , a few times, had pushed him up into the wall (s) on the short uphills at Arco.

Me?, to see Villo at a GP, I both forfeited a few days ( very good ) wages , and paid for some very expensive flights, to get me from 'Villo's Escargot', in France, to the IOM, where I work most years for a few weeks. He never made it that far. Bummer (pun intended) , that.

I'm no ''hater" of Villo - nay, I was a follower, and have immense respect for his abilities and career, but, he made his choices, and, supposedly, entered the Lions den which is / are the 450 GPs, unprepared for what would have been the fight of his racing life. Heck, the season start looked made for him, with a night race in Qatar on a track so much like a Southern Californian practice track, a brand new to all, magnificent new track in Argentina, and then the aformentioned 'county showground' amateur SX level track in Thailand, that no one else had ridden at ( previous Thai GPs were at a far better track). I honestly half expected him to come out of those, leading the Championships. But no, he forgot how to start at Qatar and couldn't deal effectively with a mid level rider (and others) such as Butron, got beaten at an equal level ( first GP there) race in Argentina, won one GP Moto at a hell hole, then crashed out at Trentino. Damaged tail bones hurt like hell - I know, I destroyed mine ( not in a loop out, but in a typical 'airline disaster' prang at a National DH race) and had it removed.

People need to stop making excuses for Villos MXGP efforts - they certainly weren't enough. It's a shame, as, if he would have got through the first year, and done a second year ( though, everything I've read from him, that was never in his plans) he might have had a chance at winning an MXGP World Championship.

Wew.. what a post. I find it very ironic that you mention that people need to stop making excuses for Villopoto while also making excuses for...
Wew.. what a post. I find it very ironic that you mention that people need to stop making excuses for Villopoto while also making excuses for his competition at the time (Thailand being a "county show" level track, etc.). And I certainly wouldn't say he had any advantages coming into Qatar, if anything the GP riders had an advantage as they had ridden and raced that track the two years prior.

I respect your opinion and I'm not trying to defend Villopoto's performance as he clearly wasn't as prepared as he could have been and as you said, that's on him. But I just find it odd to preach that people need to stop making excuses while simultaneously making excuses for others.

It was No excuse for others.

It was Criticism of an utterly dreadful, completely unsuitable, unworthy, piece of crap track. That he dealt with ( and the weather) better than the other riders did. Hence, my "good on him".
RalphS
7/27/2020 6:56pm
RalphS wrote:
European rednecks are fun, this thread is about Tickle on Yami not Villo MXGP on Kawi
Boomslang wrote:
Weege and GL will stir the pot and squeeze the teams revalries subject for KTM and Yamaha gangs and Benny/Justin on top of the traditionals.

With most if not all the field healthy and prepped, this season is shaping as a great one. We're in for big surprises.
str8line
7/27/2020 8:13pm
RalphS wrote:
Weege and GL will stir the pot and squeeze the teams revalries subject for KTM and Yamaha gangs and Benny/Justin on top of the traditionals. With...
Weege and GL will stir the pot and squeeze the teams revalries subject for KTM and Yamaha gangs and Benny/Justin on top of the traditionals.

With most if not all the field healthy and prepped, this season is shaping as a great one. We're in for big surprises.
It is going to be great with so much experience and speed in the class. Tickle was taking top 5's in 2015 in the 450 outdoors. He's got two years less wear and tear than his contemporaries...he might be hangry.

The Shop

mb60
7/27/2020 8:47pm
Barcia and Tickle are 6-10 guys. The class is going to be stacked if everyone is healthy.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/27/2020 9:27pm
RalphS wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
No, you are incorrect and in case you missed it, I was putting the spotlight on Tickle. I really believe he will do better than Barcia on the Yamaha.
Snapper
7/28/2020 1:12am
Boomslang wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
No, you are incorrect and in case you missed it, I was putting the spotlight on Tickle. I really believe he will do better than Barcia...
No, you are incorrect and in case you missed it, I was putting the spotlight on Tickle. I really believe he will do better than Barcia on the Yamaha.
At the of the season Tickle will be ahead of Barcia although I think Barcia will have a better single moto result.
TXDirt
7/28/2020 3:29am
Barcia is the faster rider but he is very inconsistent. Can win a moto and overall and then just make top 10 the next round.

Tickle is a bit of a wild card here. He was starting to come around and had some good finishes. He’s been off for awhile.

By the end of the series I suspect they will be pretty even.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/28/2020 4:38am
Motofinne wrote:
The disrespect towards Barcia on this forum is baffling.
Why is it baffling? You abviously forget the disrespect Barcia shows to his fellow competitors when racing. He brought it on himself.
Johnny Ringo
7/28/2020 5:26am
Motofinne wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Why is it baffling? You abviously forget the disrespect Barcia shows to his fellow competitors when racing. He brought it on himself.
Lighten up poonslang
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/28/2020 5:29am
Motofinne wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Lighten up poonslang
I'm good thanks...putting hours on the sofa...
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/28/2020 6:11am
I'm stoked for Tickle, but he is not going to beat Barcia. I'm up for a friendly wager on this one.
davistld01
7/28/2020 6:32am
bents wrote:
I'm stoked for Tickle, but he is not going to beat Barcia. I'm up for a friendly wager on this one.
I think Justin will have a lot more pressure on him than Tickle...and that may or may not effect his performance. Broc has nothing to lose. I'd never bet on MX, friendly or otherwise...but I think when the smoke clears, Tickle will point out above Barcia if both stay healthy.
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/28/2020 6:51am
Fair point. I will agree that it will be close but I think Barcia still has podium level speed and I'm not sure I can say the same about Tickle. But, that is why they drop the gate! Can't wait for the season to start-I just hope it doesn't get mucked up again.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/28/2020 7:15am
Motofinne wrote:
He swore at Tomac AND bumped his motorcycle, so they'll never forgive him.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/28/2020 8:28am
bents wrote:
I'm in...friendly wager. I'll address you as Sir Bents going forward if Barcia finishes ahead of Tickle at the end.
bents
Fantasy
909th
7/28/2020 9:00am
bents wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
I'm in...friendly wager. I'll address you as Sir Bents going forward if Barcia finishes ahead of Tickle at the end.
You are on Boomslang, but what if I lose this wager-what am I to call you? Do we let the board decide??? Maybe not...! Sir Boomslang it is if Barcia implodes (which I'm clearly betting he won't).
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/28/2020 9:04am
bents wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
bents wrote:
You are on Boomslang, but what if I lose this wager-what am I to call you? Do we let the board decide??? Maybe not...! Sir Boomslang...
You are on Boomslang, but what if I lose this wager-what am I to call you? Do we let the board decide??? Maybe not...! Sir Boomslang it is if Barcia implodes (which I'm clearly betting he won't).
That's settled it. Now we wait......at least MotoGP and the Dutch MX Championship are running.
daemon616
7/28/2020 9:55am
Great for Broc. After all that WADA mess or whatever I thought it was over.
kpiper
7/28/2020 2:57pm
Motofinne wrote:
seth505 wrote:
So who thinks Barcia's behavior was ok? Anyone?

Is that the kind of stuff Yamaha (or any team) loves to see from their rider?

You don't embarrass the people who pay your salary. Pretty simple.
Buckland
7/28/2020 3:06pm
kpiper wrote:
So who thinks Barcia's behavior was ok? Anyone? Is that the kind of stuff Yamaha (or any team) loves to see from their rider? You don't...

I thought it was fine. It's called excitement
7/28/2020 3:13pm
Motofinne wrote:
seth505 wrote:
The "disrespect" towards Barcia started long before that incident with Tomac..
SoCalMX70
7/28/2020 3:26pm
How many races until Tickle and Barcia are fighting in the pits?
kpiper
7/28/2020 4:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2020 4:10pm
kpiper wrote:
So who thinks Barcia's behavior was ok? Anyone? Is that the kind of stuff Yamaha (or any team) loves to see from their rider? You don't...

Buckland wrote:
Disagree with you totally on that. Not excitement. Bad PR.

I look at it from if I were paying Barcia's salary to represent my company is that behavior what I would want from him. Nope. He made Yamaha look bad.

Plenty of good riders to sign that will represent the team well.
Brent
7/28/2020 5:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2020 5:50pm
...Tickle was out at Pala turning laps today on the YZ450, didn't look too bad but you can see that he's still getting used to the machine, he was out for two laps then disappeared for a while, then another two laps, this repeated most of the day.

Fastest guys today appeared to be McElrath, who turned probably 100 laps on a rough track at a very impressive race speed, Justin Cooper hanging out on the vet track all day doing his motos (and feeding me a steady diet of rocks), and Roczen putting in some blazing fast short sprints - but only 3 laps at a time...
Donkey Kong
7/28/2020 6:07pm
Boomslang wrote:
But Dungey was too boring right? Lol
Johnny Ringo
7/28/2020 6:57pm
kpiper wrote:

Buckland wrote:
kpiper wrote:
Disagree with you totally on that. Not excitement. Bad PR. I look at it from if I were paying Barcia's salary to represent my company is...
Disagree with you totally on that. Not excitement. Bad PR.

I look at it from if I were paying Barcia's salary to represent my company is that behavior what I would want from him. Nope. He made Yamaha look bad.

Plenty of good riders to sign that will represent the team well.
We should neuter all racers and make them hug each other and sing John Denver songs on the podium after the races
FerCzD
7/28/2020 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2020 7:00pm
Brent wrote:
...Tickle was out at Pala turning laps today on the YZ450, didn't look too bad but you can see that he's still getting used to the...
...Tickle was out at Pala turning laps today on the YZ450, didn't look too bad but you can see that he's still getting used to the machine, he was out for two laps then disappeared for a while, then another two laps, this repeated most of the day.

Fastest guys today appeared to be McElrath, who turned probably 100 laps on a rough track at a very impressive race speed, Justin Cooper hanging out on the vet track all day doing his motos (and feeding me a steady diet of rocks), and Roczen putting in some blazing fast short sprints - but only 3 laps at a time...
Is it a trend now to use female version of your favorite rider as an avatar picture? I saw someone doing the same with Webb. Gotta catch up!

All jokes aside, interesting comment on Shane, wonder if he will step up his outdoors game this year, he has to prove his worth as I believe he hasn't secured a 450 ride.
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/28/2020 9:00pm
Motofinne wrote:
seth505 wrote:
kpiper wrote:

Last year at Hangtown Barcia took my guy out for no reason. Our bike was damaged and my rider hurt. He caused us a dnf.

We went to speak to him, he apologized but the fact remains, his move was unnecessary.

We have no problen off the track with him, he is actually a ok guy off track but he is a dick when racing. He has no respect on the track.

Post a reply to: Broc Tickle to Yamaha

The Latest