-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
|
kNewc
2/12/2020 8:25am
I hope he crushes it this weekend! The zuk is looking siiiick
2/12/2020 8:26am
Is Tickleback something that started on here with that thread? Looking forward to seeing where he ends up. I'd say somewhere in the 5-10 range with a good start.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/12/2020 8:37am
Broc Tickle to Join JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Racing

Suzuki Welcomes Back Broc Tickle to Racing as he Makes his Supercross Return on the RM-Z450

Brea, CA (February 12, 2020) - Broc Tickle will be joining the JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Racing Team this weekend in Tampa, Florida for round seven of the Monster Energy Supercross Series as a fill-in rider for both injured Fredrik Noren and Joey Savatgy. Tickle, who has spent more than half his 450 career on Suzuki, will make his Supercross comeback at Raymond James Stadium and compete in the premier class with the team for the remainder of the Supercross season.

“I’m really excited for this opportunity with the JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki Team,” said Tickle. “I had a great thing put together but there were still some missing pieces that on race day can really come into play, and JGR has those pieces being the Suzuki effort. I’ve had success in the past with Suzuki, so when we got to communicating and putting things together, it just ended up working out and made sense to move forward with the JGR Suzuki program.

“I’m ready to go racing and looking forward to just getting back in the mix. The overall goal is to go out, enjoy it, have fun, and do the best I can do. Two years of not racing is a big deal but I’m up for the challenge and eager to be back on the gate as well as being back to training, riding, and doing this at the highest level.”

The Michigan native began his pro career in 2006 and has been a competitive racer since, earning eight podiums, 21 top-five and 93 top-ten positions during his 450 career. Tickle also earned the 2011 250 West Coast Lites Supercross Champion.

“I’m excited to see Broc back on a Suzuki this weekend in Tampa,” said Jeremy Albrecht, Team Manager. “He has been testing and riding in North Carolina with our team for a couple weeks and will finish out the Supercross season on our team. His speed and fitness are good so we will see this weekend where he ends up. I’m happy that we have great partners that helped make this happen.”

The JGRMX/Yoshimura/Suzuki team is excited to welcome back Broc Tickle to racing.

Please visit www.jgrmxraceteam.com for more team news.

The Shop

mmain62
2/12/2020 8:50am
I am hoping Broc does well. Will he be the one that makes the suzuki look decent? The rest of the yellow bikes out there have pretty much gone unnoticed. Good Luck BT
MOTO1313
2/12/2020 8:51am
Well, move Barcia's finish back another spot.
aeffertz
2/12/2020 8:52am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 8:52am
Did he have to give up his goggles since JGR has a SCOTT Deal?
Yep, just like Savatgy.
sleeve1
Fantasy
1921st
2/12/2020 8:53am
Really hope he does well this weekend. I always liked his riding style.
davistld01
2/12/2020 9:02am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2020 9:04am
Yep...but he got to keep his FXR and helmet deal from what J-Bone said. I think JGR is using Answer gear and Arai helmets this year.
DonM
2/12/2020 9:16am
No he didn’t have a goggle deal in place.
2/12/2020 9:23am
So how many times will ralph mention his suspension Saturday night? Or he's got something to prove.
Mr. Afterbar
2/12/2020 9:34am
So how many times will ralph mention his suspension Saturday night? Or he's got something to prove.
No less than 3.
2/12/2020 9:46am
Is Tickleback something that started on here with that thread? Looking forward to seeing where he ends up. I'd say somewhere in the 5-10 range with...
Is Tickleback something that started on here with that thread? Looking forward to seeing where he ends up. I'd say somewhere in the 5-10 range with a good start.
I'm glad he got the ride with JGR. He seems like a really good dude who is WAY more patient, hopeful, and understanding than I would have been in his situation.

I think 5th-10th is a bit too hopeful after two years away from SX racing. I'm thinking 11th-15th.
gt80rider
2/12/2020 9:55am
Also hope Broc CRUSHES it this weekend....... been too long.....
RonJon
2/12/2020 10:29am
Only in America can you get busted for cheating and still get a factory ride. Won't crack the top 15....
McG194
2/12/2020 10:35am
Might wanna check IG.

Looks like the JGR deal fell apart at the last minute.
McG194
2/12/2020 10:37am
broctickle
Verified
I am blessed with being able to go back to racing at this level. It wasn’t easy to stay focused on getting back but over the last 4 months I’ve made the decision to make it happen. I put together my own program to show up this weekend at Tampa with the help of @tilube @aeopowersports @researchengineeringperformance @twisteddevelopmentracing and a lot of other sponsors.
My program was great but had some flaws that were going to make things difficult to deal with week in and week out. When @jgrmx and I started talking things weren’t adding up that made sense for me to make it worth the time I’ve put in plus to the sponsors I’d have to part ways with to go to JGR. Within the next week JGR and I had come to verbal agreement that they could make it happen with what I requested and I booked a flight to NC. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and I’ve made progress myself as well as learning a new motorcycle.

Again, Huge shoutout to EVERYONE in my corner and to the people who have been involved with keeping me on my toes throughout this venture in life. I am grateful for all of it!
LETS F*CKING GO!
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/12/2020 10:39am
McG194 wrote:
broctickle Verified I am blessed with being able to go back to racing at this level. It wasn’t easy to stay focused on getting back but...
broctickle
Verified
I am blessed with being able to go back to racing at this level. It wasn’t easy to stay focused on getting back but over the last 4 months I’ve made the decision to make it happen. I put together my own program to show up this weekend at Tampa with the help of @tilube @aeopowersports @researchengineeringperformance @twisteddevelopmentracing and a lot of other sponsors.
My program was great but had some flaws that were going to make things difficult to deal with week in and week out. When @jgrmx and I started talking things weren’t adding up that made sense for me to make it worth the time I’ve put in plus to the sponsors I’d have to part ways with to go to JGR. Within the next week JGR and I had come to verbal agreement that they could make it happen with what I requested and I booked a flight to NC. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and I’ve made progress myself as well as learning a new motorcycle.

Again, Huge shoutout to EVERYONE in my corner and to the people who have been involved with keeping me on my toes throughout this venture in life. I am grateful for all of it!
LETS F*CKING GO!
You're misreading it. That post confirms his deal with JGR.
Buzzard167
2/12/2020 10:39am
McG194 wrote:
Might wanna check IG.

? Both JGR and Broc's instagram feature him on a JGR Suzuki
aeffertz
2/12/2020 10:43am
McG194 wrote:
Might wanna check IG.

Read past the first two sentences.
McG194
2/12/2020 10:44am
GD2 wrote:
You're misreading it. That post confirms his deal with JGR.
I put together my own program to show up this weekend at Tampa with the help of @tilube @aeopowersports @researchengineeringperformance @twisteddevelopmentracing and a lot of other sponsors.

When @jgrmx and I started talking things weren’t adding up that made sense for me to make it worth the time I’ve put in plus to the sponsors I’d have to part ways with to go to JGR.

I may be wrong but that sure sounds like he had a change and is flying solo in order to keep his gear sponsors.
2/12/2020 10:46am
McG194 wrote:
[i] I put together my own program to show up this weekend at Tampa with the help of @tilube @aeopowersports @researchengineeringperformance @twisteddevelopmentracing and a lot of...
I put together my own program to show up this weekend at Tampa with the help of @tilube @aeopowersports @researchengineeringperformance @twisteddevelopmentracing and a lot of other sponsors.

When @jgrmx and I started talking things weren’t adding up that made sense for me to make it worth the time I’ve put in plus to the sponsors I’d have to part ways with to go to JGR.

I may be wrong but that sure sounds like he had a change and is flying solo in order to keep his gear sponsors.
Keep reading bud

Within the next week JGR and I had come to verbal agreement that they could make it happen with what I requested and I booked a flight to NC. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and I’ve made progress myself as well as learning a new motorcycle.
fourfourone
2/12/2020 10:47am
anyone notice when they asked about the bike all he said was its "different" and it feels similar to the Suzuki from the RCH days.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/12/2020 10:48am
McG194 wrote:
[i] I put together my own program to show up this weekend at Tampa with the help of @tilube @aeopowersports @researchengineeringperformance @twisteddevelopmentracing and a lot of...

cont'd...
"...Within the next week JGR and I had come to verbal agreement that they could make it happen with what I requested and I booked a flight to NC. I’ve been here for 3 weeks now and I’ve made progress myself as well as learning a new motorcycle."
2/12/2020 10:54am
For anyone expecting for him to crush it this weekend if you didn't watch the whole video he said he's not in ideal shape and his goal was to finish close to a top 10. With that said I think it will take him several weeks to be up near 6th or 7th but I hope he proves me wrong as I want to see him and the Suzuki near the front.
Buzzard167
2/12/2020 11:07am
Hope Broc does well this weekend. I think he kinda got a raw deal as far as the suspension goes and I would love to see a Michigander on a Zook at the front-ish of the pack.
MOTO1313
2/12/2020 11:12am
There is no downside with Broc returning. I'd like to see a top 7 out of him...or better. He could possibly shake up the points if he is fit. Could separate the points leaders in some of the races.

Post a reply to: Broc Tickle to JGR Suzuki

The Latest