Broc Tickle provisional antidoping suspension from WADA/FIM

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/10/2018 8:45pm
Do_Work wrote:
Here's a Joe Rogan clip interviewing a fighter named Josh Barnett who was unjustly punished by USADA for taking a tainted supplement (i.e. trace amounts). He...
Here's a Joe Rogan clip interviewing a fighter named Josh Barnett who was unjustly punished by USADA for taking a tainted supplement (i.e. trace amounts). He later got it reduced to a "reprimand". I know this is a long listen for most of us idiots in here but good info nonetheless. Extremely relevant. YES I know they are talking about USADA but lets be real they are all the fuckin same anyway. USADA, WADA, whatever.

from what I can tell the entire organization is a bunch of lawyers. And the arbitrators are paid by USADA.

Quote @16:00: "The more people they ding the more effective they appear. Their efficacy is based on punishments doled out, not lack of punishments at all".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a65IjMIuE9o
Bultaco wrote:
It would seem these enforcers would have a massive liability for ruining careers and income streams of athletes. Have athletes/sponsors/teams pushed back with law suits that...
It would seem these enforcers would have a massive liability for ruining careers and income streams of athletes. Have athletes/sponsors/teams pushed back with law suits that require WADA to prove their results/methods/penalties are legitimate? Right now it seems, from my decidedly uneducated point of view, that the athletes are presumed guilty with little recourse.
Falcon wrote:
This. We have to consider "what if?" What if Broc Tickle is telling the truth and he really did not take any kind of supplement? How...
This.
We have to consider "what if?" What if Broc Tickle is telling the truth and he really did not take any kind of supplement? How can we ever know?
Well he tested positive so he did take something.
7/10/2018 8:55pm
So did Chris Froome, but I saw him riding in the Tour De France today. So when are they going to hand down Tickles final punishment? It’s already been 5 months.
Question
7/11/2018 12:26am
Since the b sample confirmed the issues, what is the FIM waiting to communicate their decision on the jail time ?

Taking a nap? Ordering a pizza ? Doesn't matter ?
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/11/2018 9:14am
There’s no hope for Broc. WADA will hand down a sentence when it’s ready, and will probably be at least 1.5 yrs, maybe more. His career in Moto sports is over, he just hasn’t realized it yet.

The Shop

BobPA
7/11/2018 9:24am
burn1986 wrote:
There’s no hope for Broc. WADA will hand down a sentence when it’s ready, and will probably be at least 1.5 yrs, maybe more. His career...
There’s no hope for Broc. WADA will hand down a sentence when it’s ready, and will probably be at least 1.5 yrs, maybe more. His career in Moto sports is over, he just hasn’t realized it yet.
He can go to Canada.
spd721
7/11/2018 10:09am
Was it ever released how much was in Broc's sample when he failed? It would be complete BS is his career is ended due to on one his supplements being contaminated.
line-up
7/11/2018 10:25am
Question wrote:
Since the b sample confirmed the issues, what is the FIM waiting to communicate their decision on the jail time ? Taking a nap? Ordering a...
Since the b sample confirmed the issues, what is the FIM waiting to communicate their decision on the jail time ?

Taking a nap? Ordering a pizza ? Doesn't matter ?
Maybe because there will be a hearing where the rider will tell his version of the facts and he is preparing his defense line now.
Question
7/11/2018 10:33am
Once the sentence is taken, he can also take a trip to switzerland, A. punch a few FIM office people B. ruining their office C. all filmed as a prank since it is "fashion" , as a present for not respecting him regarding any steps of this process, then take a trip back.

What is the risk ? None, and TBH I would personally do it.

And what is the level of substance too ?

Can we have a bit of transparency for instance on the date of sentence ?

I think it is just ridiculously handled.

burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/11/2018 12:28pm
Again, its not the WADA but the ones who hired them.
Juss72
7/11/2018 1:11pm
If the biggiedt name in the sports history, could not beat this. What makes BT think he can? Really sucks for him, but he did get caught.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/11/2018 1:52pm
spd721 wrote:
Was it ever released how much was in Broc's sample when he failed? It would be complete BS is his career is ended due to on...
Was it ever released how much was in Broc's sample when he failed? It would be complete BS is his career is ended due to on one his supplements being contaminated.
Broc's career didn't end by a "contaminated supplement" Broc's career in the US will be end because he had something in his body that was banned. No one wants to believe that a professional rider was taking a banned substance but some of them do and before testing lots of them did and lots of riders who were using PEDs retired long before testing was mandated. Its a professional sport with million dollar riders so to think no one took PEDs is pretty naive. I hope other riders learned a lesson from Stewart and Tickle. They just did testing last week so we will see if anyone else gets nailed,but I hope not.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/11/2018 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 7:38pm
spd721 wrote:
Was it ever released how much was in Broc's sample when he failed? It would be complete BS is his career is ended due to on...
lostboy819 wrote:
Broc's career didn't end by a "contaminated supplement" Broc's career in the US will be end because he had something in his body that was banned...
Broc's career didn't end by a "contaminated supplement" Broc's career in the US will be end because he had something in his body that was banned. No one wants to believe that a professional rider was taking a banned substance but some of them do and before testing lots of them did and lots of riders who were using PEDs retired long before testing was mandated. Its a professional sport with million dollar riders so to think no one took PEDs is pretty naive. I hope other riders learned a lesson from Stewart and Tickle. They just did testing last week so we will see if anyone else gets nailed,but I hope not.
Okay we get it
7/11/2018 9:53pm
What's truly ridiculous is that Aldon is completely off the hook for this. His literal job was to prevent EXACTLY what happened to Broc from happening. But that aspect of the story was shut down swiftly. Baker is more valuable to RBKTM than Broc was, and a scandal involving him would absolutely destroy the team's reputation. So of course it makes sense to protect him from their standpoint. It all really sucks for Broc.
Juss72
7/11/2018 10:08pm
What's truly ridiculous is that Aldon is completely off the hook for this. His literal job was to prevent EXACTLY what happened to Broc from happening...
What's truly ridiculous is that Aldon is completely off the hook for this. His literal job was to prevent EXACTLY what happened to Broc from happening. But that aspect of the story was shut down swiftly. Baker is more valuable to RBKTM than Broc was, and a scandal involving him would absolutely destroy the team's reputation. So of course it makes sense to protect him from their standpoint. It all really sucks for Broc.
I agree, like I'm sure Brock was not just taking shit off the shelf on his own.
NorCal 50+
7/11/2018 10:26pm
Question wrote:
Once the sentence is taken, he can also take a trip to switzerland, A. punch a few FIM office people B. ruining their office C. all...
Once the sentence is taken, he can also take a trip to switzerland, A. punch a few FIM office people B. ruining their office C. all filmed as a prank since it is "fashion" , as a present for not respecting him regarding any steps of this process, then take a trip back.

What is the risk ? None, and TBH I would personally do it.

And what is the level of substance too ?

Can we have a bit of transparency for instance on the date of sentence ?

I think it is just ridiculously handled.

What are they putting in the wine over there, mon ami?
MotoMo165
7/12/2018 12:10am
Robb's podcast on peds#20 (DMXS radio does a nutritionist podcast with Robb who trains world class athletes) is a really good listen
WarrenMX
7/12/2018 10:27am
What's truly ridiculous is that Aldon is completely off the hook for this. His literal job was to prevent EXACTLY what happened to Broc from happening...
Is Aldon supposed to follow Tickle around 24/7 checking everything he puts in his mouth?
MX-LIFE.
7/12/2018 10:57am
WarrenMX wrote:
Is Aldon supposed to follow Tickle around 24/7 checking everything he puts in his mouth?
Supposedly Aldon has input on and monitors what ever his riders are taking! He is the factory in house trainer!!! It is amazing how he has been so fucking quite about this! Why hasn't anyway stuck a microphone in his face and asked him some questions this sport is so small and tight lipped at least the NFL and other Major mainstream sports are more revealing about the PED situations!
MX-LIFE.
7/12/2018 11:01am
How is it that Davi Millsap didn't get a drug ban? Is it because he didn't get tested for whatever was found in his Team truck locker and James didn't take a banned drug, his situation was he, his team didn't turn in the TUE on time! He had one!!!!
WarrenMX
7/12/2018 11:09am
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Supposedly Aldon has input on and monitors what ever his riders are taking! He is the factory in house trainer!!! It is amazing how he has...
Supposedly Aldon has input on and monitors what ever his riders are taking! He is the factory in house trainer!!! It is amazing how he has been so fucking quite about this! Why hasn't anyway stuck a microphone in his face and asked him some questions this sport is so small and tight lipped at least the NFL and other Major mainstream sports are more revealing about the PED situations!
You're not wrong but I think everyone knows what he's going to say right?... that he can't control everything the riders ingest. He obviously makes recommendations on diet but he can't stop one of his riders going home at night and stuffing their mouth with pizza or taking a PED.

Even if Aldon gives him a PED, it's still ultimately up to Tickle what he puts in his mouth. So which ever way you swing it, its still Tickles fault.

It would be like getting a DUI and then trying to blame the bartender.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
7/12/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 11:52am
WarrenMX wrote:
You're not wrong but I think everyone knows what he's going to say right?... that he can't control everything the riders ingest. He obviously makes recommendations...
You're not wrong but I think everyone knows what he's going to say right?... that he can't control everything the riders ingest. He obviously makes recommendations on diet but he can't stop one of his riders going home at night and stuffing their mouth with pizza or taking a PED.

Even if Aldon gives him a PED, it's still ultimately up to Tickle what he puts in his mouth. So which ever way you swing it, its still Tickles fault.

It would be like getting a DUI and then trying to blame the bartender.
No. It would be like blaming a professional driving coach. There's a difference.
WarrenMX
7/12/2018 11:59am
mxrose3 wrote:
No. It would be like blaming a professional driving coach. There's a difference.
But he's not suspended for riding poorly. If an officer pulled you over for not driving correctly and you were not under the influence, you could maybe put some blame on your driving instructor (or professional driving coach). But if your professional driving coach offers you 6 beers at the end of the day and you choose to drink them and then drive home, I'd say that's 100% on you. You know the rules about drinking and driving, just like Tickle knows the rules about PEDS.

mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
7/12/2018 12:34pm
WarrenMX wrote:
But he's not suspended for riding poorly. If an officer pulled you over for not driving correctly and you were not under the influence, you could...
But he's not suspended for riding poorly. If an officer pulled you over for not driving correctly and you were not under the influence, you could maybe put some blame on your driving instructor (or professional driving coach). But if your professional driving coach offers you 6 beers at the end of the day and you choose to drink them and then drive home, I'd say that's 100% on you. You know the rules about drinking and driving, just like Tickle knows the rules about PEDS.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the driving coach is still probably violating some kind of rule here, and should be held somewhat accountable. After all, he is a paid professional and he should be abiding by all applicable laws regarding driving.

If that driving coach told the driver that it was ok to run red lights, and the next day the driver was killed running a red light - do you think the driving coach should be held accountable or not?
WarrenMX
7/12/2018 12:47pm
mxrose3 wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but the driving coach is still probably violating some kind of rule here, and should be held somewhat accountable. After all...
I'm not disagreeing with you, but the driving coach is still probably violating some kind of rule here, and should be held somewhat accountable. After all, he is a paid professional and he should be abiding by all applicable laws regarding driving.

If that driving coach told the driver that it was ok to run red lights, and the next day the driver was killed running a red light - do you think the driving coach should be held accountable or not?
The difference is that Tickle knows that PEDS are not allowed versus the naive driver in your example not knowing that its illegal to run red lights.

I understand the sentiment of your post in that the trainer/doctor should be held accountable in some way but unfortunately it just doesn't work like that. Unless Tickle has some proof that he was forced by the team or Aldon to do it then it's never going to stand up in court. He would also have to prove that he was forced in such way that he had absolutely no choice, i.e they're holding a gun to his or his wife's head. If not, then the question in court would always be, why didn't you walk away or inform the authorities.

dkg
7/12/2018 1:25pm
Why all the Aldon discussion? Not even Tickle has hinted of any culpability on Aldon. Do you guys know more than Tickle?

Post a reply to: Broc Tickle provisional antidoping suspension from WADA/FIM

The Latest