Broc Tickle discusses his future

Question
5/18/2018 1:42am
wacker wrote:
I think before anyone can really even form an opinion on this they need to research what he got busted for, what it is, and what...
I think before anyone can really even form an opinion on this they need to research what he got busted for, what it is, and what it does. If you honestly think that Broc would intentionally take something so ridiculous to up his performance with what he had at stake you have to be crazy. It's a supplement found in shitty pre-workout. There is no way it would be provided by Aldon, especially with the scrutiny is riders are already under. Yes, he had it in his system and it was detected. Even if he did purposely take a supplement with it in it, the "GAINZ" aren't going to get him to the podium. The case and the punishment is ridiculous.
EngIceDave wrote:
Not passing judgement, but based on your post... 1. illegal is illegal. He had a clearly stated illegal substance in his system, whether 1.0 or .001....it's...
Not passing judgement, but based on your post...

1. illegal is illegal. He had a clearly stated illegal substance in his system, whether 1.0 or .001....it's not allowed at any level

2. Doesn't matter what anyone thinks is "right" or "wrong" or how much it'll enhance performance, it's a clearly listed illegal chemical. There is no "grey" it's black or white. The punishment is clearly outlined, so that is no surprise as well.

3. If not supplied by Baker Factory, and I doubt it was, it had to be ingested unknowingly and meaning he had to have gone "off the reservation" in his nutrition plan

Bottomline, at least in my opinion, there is not much of a case to fight.
I feel bad for the guy, but none of this is a surprise on paper.

So what we learn from this story is:

- Take as much blood doping, hormones, testosterone, EPO etc as your body can take.

- Make yourself a 250 sx terror, then play the injury thing for outdoor 250.

- Then, possibly, if you win enough to move up, that is no big deal as anyway financially you have earn more than working at a local shop during 40 years.

- Then you finally get caught, possibly if you are top 10, so there comes the 4 years ban anyway.

With no understanding and black and white strategy, actually I think this WADA / FIM system ENCOURAGES to take the SERIOUS doping.

burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/18/2018 6:27am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 7:43pm
Well, the elephant in the room is - the US MX/SX mgmt need to negotiate a better, more appropriate penalty system than the 2-4 yr from the FIM (WADA). But, they are too lazy and are getting paid too much by their friends in the industry to do anything. They see it and feel keep nd of bad, but have grown too rich and indifferent to make waves.
twotwosix
5/18/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 11:52am
burn1986 wrote:
Well, the elephant in the room is - the US MX/SX mgmt need to negotiate a better, more appropriate penalty system than the 2-4 yr from...
Well, the elephant in the room is - the US MX/SX mgmt need to negotiate a better, more appropriate penalty system than the 2-4 yr from the FIM (WADA). But, they are too lazy and are getting paid too much by their friends in the industry to do anything. They see it and feel keep nd of bad, but have grown too rich and indifferent to make waves.
SX and MX are different businesses, using different drug testing WADA vs USADA and sanctioning bodies.

Your ignorance to this makes you look dumb for calling them lazy and bribed.
kkawboy14
5/18/2018 12:33pm
burn1986 wrote:
Well, the elephant in the room is - the US MX/SX mgmt need to negotiate a better, more appropriate penalty system than the 2-4 yr from...
twotwosix wrote:
SX and MX are different businesses, using different drug testing WADA vs USADA and sanctioning bodies. Your ignorance to this makes you look dumb for calling...
SX and MX are different businesses, using different drug testing WADA vs USADA and sanctioning bodies.

He might be lazy and bribed but he didn’t fail a drug test!

The Shop

FroDiddy
5/18/2018 12:46pm
Betuel wrote:
While I feel bad for his ridiculous punishment time, I’m reminded of this Lance Armstrong Vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJmYmasQhc&feature=share [img]https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc Not sure how to embed.
While I feel bad for his ridiculous punishment time, I’m reminded of this Lance Armstrong Vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJmYmasQhc&feature=share

[img]https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc

Not sure how to embed.
tek14 wrote:
Lance Armstrong told 10 years he didnt take anything...

https://youtu.be/6aJmYmasQhc
And this very board made every excuse under the sun defending Lance's doping.

Yes. I remember.
ando
5/18/2018 1:55pm
burn1986 wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
SX and MX are different businesses, using different drug testing WADA vs USADA and sanctioning bodies. Your ignorance to this makes you look dumb for calling...

You do realise that the penalty structure is the same for both SX and MX because USADA is affiliated with WADA?
twotwosix
5/18/2018 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 7:14pm
burn1986 wrote:
twotwosix wrote:

ando wrote:
You do realise that the penalty structure is the same for both SX and MX because USADA is affiliated with WADA?
Somewhat, yes, but USADA is an independent agency. MX Sports (MX) is doing a better job using USADA than Feld (SX) is with the FIM and WADA.

What MX truly needs is a USADA run program similar to what the UFC has. It would be better than what Feld and MX Sports are doing. The biggest benefit being that unlike USADA’s oversight of out-of-competition testing for the U.S. Olympics, athletes found with banned substances who contest the findings don't have their cases arbitrated by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. A separate appellate court handles the disputes.

Huge difference and it produces a much better end result with education for athletes and punishment for offenders more closely matched and tailored to the specific sport.
Fraser
5/18/2018 4:34pm
EngIceDave wrote:
I may have my opinion, but that's irrelevant. The smartest thing to do, to get the shortest sentence is to throw himself on the mercy of...
I may have my opinion, but that's irrelevant.

The smartest thing to do, to get the shortest sentence is to throw himself on the mercy of the court (arbitrator) feign ignorance or lack of knowledge of something inadvertently ingested, and plea for mercy.

Seems to me, the more to deny, fight or battle, the more those in charge will push back with a longer sentence.

Don't argue it, accept the results and beg for mercy....simple as that

Once re-instated, deny it and say you only said it to be re-instated
kkawboy14 wrote:
“Beg for mercy” That only works with people who actually apply reason and compassion in their decision making! These guys don’t care, none of them on...
“Beg for mercy”

That only works with people who actually apply reason and compassion in their decision making!

These guys don’t care, none of them on either side, the powers in moto and testing!

He is a cheater, got his sentence, next......
TXDirt wrote:
There is something poetic and fitting about their “don’t give two fucks” attitude though. They have busted the biggest PED crooks in all sports and have...
There is something poetic and fitting about their “don’t give two fucks” attitude though.

They have busted the biggest PED crooks in all sports and have never wavered.

The samples say what they say they are.

I give them props for never caving.
Also don’t forget when WADA test a sample they don’t know who it came from. So all the post saying Wada have it in for Bubba or Broc- not true. If they find a positive they report back to the FIM who then put a name to the test number.
Almost every other sport in the world is happy to accept WADA / CAS guidelines on ban lengths. They try to make them standardised across all sports for the same offence.
Almost all, except for some fans of certain riders on VitalMX. They believe the penalties are all wrong, and somehow if the testing was done in the USA then American riders who fail drug tests would get shorter bans.
Not going to happen, Sorry but USADA will follow WADA’s lead and if won’t make any difference. It’s always the system, the FIM. WADA, FELD’s fault when a rider gets banned, and never the rider’s fault if you read this forum.
Anyone remember how badly and unfairly JS7 was treated by WADA? He promised to let his fans know exactly what went down as soon as the case was over. Well James we’re still waiting...
daemon616
5/18/2018 5:26pm
I can't wait for the Oprah interview. Just kidding no one cares. He cheated and he needs to start planning for a 9-5 job. This industry will never take him seriously again.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
5/18/2018 5:37pm
In the whereabouts is different than an actual test.
What's different about the actual test?
Wearabouts isn’t a test, you have to let them where you are at all times. Doesn’t mean the showed up and tested him. He told me...
Wearabouts isn’t a test, you have to let them where you are at all times. Doesn’t mean the showed up and tested him. He told me he wasn’t tested this year.
He told me he was, and has told many other journalists. He was out at dinner when it happened.
hamncheeze
5/18/2018 6:18pm
twotwosix wrote:
Somewhat, yes, but USADA is an independent agency. MX Sports (MX) is doing a better job using USADA than Feld (SX) is with the FIM and...
Somewhat, yes, but USADA is an independent agency. MX Sports (MX) is doing a better job using USADA than Feld (SX) is with the FIM and WADA.

What MX truly needs is a USADA run program similar to what the UFC has. It would be better than what Feld and MX Sports are doing. The biggest benefit being that unlike USADA’s oversight of out-of-competition testing for the U.S. Olympics, athletes found with banned substances who contest the findings don't have their cases arbitrated by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. A separate appellate court handles the disputes.

Huge difference and it produces a much better end result with education for athletes and punishment for offenders more closely matched and tailored to the specific sport.
USADA is a signatory to the WADA code. They are in effect no different in terms of punishment.

https://www.usada.org/about/world-anti-doping-code/

Where the differences lie is that the AMA is the governing body for MX and the FIM is the governing body for SX. And the FIM is absolutely brutal in terms of its communication with the riders and getting things done in a timely fashion. This is ultimately what Broc is up against.

What MX definitely does not need is its own independent program. Once it goes out of the hands of WADA/USADA it will become political and the possibility for corruption increases massively.

I just listened to Tickle's interview. I really want to believe him....he seems like a good guy and probably too nice to willingly cheat. But my 20+ years in bike racing has jaded me in a huge way. Tyler Hamilton was also a "nice guy"...too nice to cheat, etc. And he was a hardcore doper extreme.

If I was in Baker's program I would probably tell him to pound sand on the Mind-FX crap.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/18/2018 7:47pm
twotwosix wrote:

Don’t be stupid and naive to think the MX SX industry doesn’t talk to each other and make deals together. WADA/ USADA are not really the problem, they are just doing what they are paid to do.
5/18/2018 8:42pm
What's different about the actual test?
Wearabouts isn’t a test, you have to let them where you are at all times. Doesn’t mean the showed up and tested him. He told me...
Wearabouts isn’t a test, you have to let them where you are at all times. Doesn’t mean the showed up and tested him. He told me he wasn’t tested this year.
ML512 wrote:
He told me he was, and has told many other journalists. He was out at dinner when it happened.
Fair enough, I may have got that confused I thought he said that was last year that happened.
5/18/2018 9:03pm
Sucks for Broc. Save your time and money and start talking to Canada to win some titles and earn a paycheck. You won't overturn that mob.

Post a reply to: Broc Tickle discusses his future

The Latest