Broc Tickle WADA and 90 year old men

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2019 12:31 PM

https://www.velonews.com/2019/01/news/usada-ceo-90-year-olds-world-record-triggered-doping-test_482720

Thought this article might interest some of you in light of Tickles case.

|

1/10/2019 12:58 PM

Yeah, I'm sure he ate "tainted" meat. Trenbolone (tren) is a favorite steroid for a lot of folks. Can have some nasty side effects though.

|

1/10/2019 1:11 PM

brettmx wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure he ate "tainted" meat. Trenbolone (tren) is a favorite steroid for a lot of folks. Can have some nasty side effects though.

“The fact that it was picogram levels, not nanogram levels but picogram levels, that, coupled with the negative test the day before, is a very material point.”

|

1/10/2019 1:11 PM

pretty sure it was USADA that acted though, not WADA.

IIRC, the guy was tested two days in a row, the first was ok, the second failed. Given that he's a 90 year old and was the only in his class, doesn't seem like a lot of incentive to dope. Then again, he was tested because they always test when world records are broken. The big thing here is that USADA acted so much faster and reasonably than WADA. WADA needs to go. USADA testing with mx/sx specific penalty regime seems like the logical solution.

|

1/10/2019 1:19 PM

I don’t care if Jon Jones was his trainer and he’d snorted a big line of Peruvian Party Powder before his ride. PEDS should be fair play in the 90+ age group.

|

1/10/2019 1:21 PM

Nighttrain wrote:

I don’t care if Jon Jones was his trainer and he’d snorted a big line of Peruvian Party Powder before his ride. PEDS should be fair play in the 90+ age group.

Being alive is performance enhancing at that age.

|

1/10/2019 1:49 PM

ACBraap wrote:

pretty sure it was USADA that acted though, not WADA.

IIRC, the guy was tested two days in a row, the first was ok, the second failed. Given that he's a 90 year old and was the only in his class, doesn't seem like a lot of incentive to dope. Then again, he was tested because they always test when world records are broken. The big thing here is that USADA acted so much faster and reasonably than WADA. WADA needs to go. USADA testing with mx/sx specific penalty regime seems like the logical solution.

Isn't USADA a leg of WADA. Can't get one without the other right?

|

1/10/2019 1:53 PM

*Carl Grove is Pissed

|

1/10/2019 2:00 PM

IWreckALot wrote:

Isn't USADA a leg of WADA. Can't get one without the other right?

More like AMA/FIM as I understand it, or USAC/UCI.

The national orgs are overseen by the world orgs, and I think I recall cases where WADA has overruled penalties as not being severe enough. So USADA can't be had completely without WADA, but going to WADA bypasses USADA completely.

|

1/10/2019 3:06 PM

I just want yall to realize that the stuff Broc got his career ended for is the same stuff that was in nearly every pre-workout sold at GNC/vitamin shoppe/walmart for YEARS until about 2012(?)

The opinion that ive seen from people about this, that he failed a drug test so he is a cheater, is so hard for me to understand. Broc got caught with something MILLIONS of people took for decades, that became only recently became illegal because of a small performance gain it gives you.

|

1/10/2019 3:19 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

I just want yall to realize that the stuff Broc got his career ended for is the same stuff that was in nearly every pre-workout sold at GNC/vitamin shoppe/walmart for YEARS until about 2012(?)

The opinion that ive seen from people about this, that he failed a drug test so he is a cheater, is so hard for me to understand. Broc got caught with something MILLIONS of people took for decades, that became only recently became illegal because of a small performance gain it gives you.

Yep few people have understood this but more are beginning to realize how ridiculous a lot of this is. Cycling has a reputation as one of the dirtiest sports when it comes to peds but in reality it is one of the cleanest, and even was during the Armstrong era.
NFL athletes are administered "treatment" on the sidelines in plain view of the whole world with the same exact substances that cyclists are being banned and labeled as dopers for. Then the general public thinks that the cyclist is some evil back alley drug dealer haha. Its out of control.

|

1/10/2019 3:23 PM

hard2kill wrote:

Yep few people have understood this but more are beginning to realize how ridiculous a lot of this is. Cycling has a reputation as one of the dirtiest sports when it comes to peds but in reality it is one of the cleanest, and even was during the Armstrong era.
NFL athletes are administered "treatment" on the sidelines in plain view of the whole world with the same exact substances that cyclists are being banned and labeled as dopers for. Then the general public thinks that the cyclist is some evil back alley drug dealer haha. Its out of control.

I'm sorry, did you just saying cycling is one of the cleanest sports? Holy shit.

|

1/10/2019 3:34 PM

|

1/10/2019 3:45 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

hard2kill wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

I'm sorry, did you just saying cycling is one of the cleanest sports? Holy shit.

Pro endurance sports yes absolutely.

|

1/10/2019 4:15 PM

I’ve got a dumb question, If the AMA and FIM discontinue their contract with WADA tomorrow, does that mean Broc can race immediately?

|

1/10/2019 4:24 PM

The dude cheated! Simple as that. Rules are rules! (JK)

|

1/10/2019 4:44 PM

Joko wrote:

I’ve got a dumb question, If the AMA and FIM discontinue their contract with WADA tomorrow, does that mean Broc can race immediately?

FIM is bound by WADA worldwide across multiple motorcycling disciplines. AMA would need to disband the FIM (not WADA) for Tickle to be eligible to ride (I believe).

It is argued that the FIM are no longer necessary in AMA SX as the "World Championship" no longer leaves the US. That said, the industry has agreed that drug testing is necessary, so assuming no FIM = no WADA, the AMA would then employ USADA in its place. And guess who they answer to? I could have this completely mixed up.

|

1/10/2019 4:48 PM

Hmm, a few of you know WAY too much about this...

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

1/10/2019 5:01 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

hard2kill wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

Hard2kill is correct. Very few sports match the rigorous testing used in pro cycling. I doubt there would be enough players to dress out for an NFL game or Premier League match if either leagues deployed the same PED testing protocols as pro cycling.

|

1/10/2019 5:20 PM

Joko wrote:

BS12 wrote:

FIM is bound by WADA worldwide across multiple motorcycling disciplines. AMA would need to disband the FIM (not WADA) for Tickle to be eligible to ride (I believe).

It is argued that the FIM are no longer necessary in AMA SX as the "World Championship" no longer leaves the US. That said, the industry has agreed that drug testing is necessary, so assuming no FIM = no WADA, the AMA would then employ USADA in its place. And guess who they answer to? I could have this completely mixed up.

the FIM is lame to be sure, and Supercross doesn't belong under their direct jurisdiction (the Jam Sports debacle got us that). However, even if it was AMA-only in terms of the sanctioning body, the AMA is a national motorcycling union/association within the global FIM. Doesn't necessarily mean we'd be under WADA (outdoors use USADA), but we're never completely "free" of our FIM overlords.

Speaking of USADA, they aren't exactly spotless. Jon Jones anyone??? Holy crap...talk about shady...

|

1/10/2019 6:07 PM

hard2kill wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

Hard2kill is correct. Very few sports match the rigorous testing used in pro cycling. I doubt there would be enough players to dress out for an NFL game or Premier League match if either leagues deployed the same PED testing protocols as pro cycling.

Have you guys never read into Ivan Basso, George Hincapie, Alberto Contador, Floyd Landis, Lance Armstrong, and the whole CSC cyclying team? I mean come on that's just the tip of the iceberg and you guys can't be serious. They all admitted to it and explain that everyone else is doing it but justify that they are merely leveling the playing field. Cycling is just as dirty as your amateur body builder at your local Gold's gym who never competes.

|

1/10/2019 6:23 PM

The problem is that there is a much bigger penalty on the dirt bike rider than any guilty party involved in any stick and ball sport. Guys get less than 1 season suspension in MLB, a few games suspended in NBA and it isnt even tested in NFL. Who decides an NBA player gets 10 game ban and SX rider gets something not even comparable?? Who makes these decissions???

|

1/10/2019 6:26 PM

There are different levels of ped’s and I think what those cyclists were doing makes Broc’s substance look like nothing.

|

1/11/2019 12:57 AM

Natester551v wrote:

the FIM is lame to be sure, and Supercross doesn't belong under their direct jurisdiction (the Jam Sports debacle got us that). However, even if it was AMA-only in terms of the sanctioning body, the AMA is a national motorcycling union/association within the global FIM. Doesn't necessarily mean we'd be under WADA (outdoors use USADA), but we're never completely "free" of our FIM overlords.

Speaking of USADA, they aren't exactly spotless. Jon Jones anyone??? Holy crap...talk about shady...

Sorry why is USADA shady because of Jon Jones?

|

1/11/2019 8:44 AM

GrapeApe wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

Desert Spode wrote:

Have you guys never read into Ivan Basso, George Hincapie, Alberto Contador, Floyd Landis, Lance Armstrong, and the whole CSC cyclying team? I mean come on that's just the tip of the iceberg and you guys can't be serious. They all admitted to it and explain that everyone else is doing it but justify that they are merely leveling the playing field. Cycling is just as dirty as your amateur body builder at your local Gold's gym who never competes.

I now all the hype. I have also ridden with some of those guys you listed. I am not saying cycling is clean, just saying that the general public is pretty clueless as to what actually constitutes "doping" in many cases and in comparison to most other pro endurance sports cycling is in a lot better place when it comes to peds.

|

1/11/2019 9:06 AM

Can we stop with the brook tickle threads?

|

1/12/2019 5:33 AM

brettmx wrote:

Including causing havoc with your lungs, making it particularly terrible for endurance athletes.

|