Broc Hepler Hinting or Joking???

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2017 4:38 PM

Probably just joking around but he mentions wanting a fill in ride on a sx team.

|

2015 KTM 250sx, WP 48mm CV Forks, WP Trax Shock, Bills Pipe
2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 2014 Forest River XLR Nitro 28TQD bumper pull toy hauler

Instagram: @impalenthelen https://www.instagram.com/impalenthelen/
Youtube: Mitchell Thelen

2/1/2017 5:00 PM

Very much joking, I believe he is still with Beta. Saw him there yesterday though on a borrowed 450 and he was still hauling.

|

2/1/2017 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2017 5:09 PM

Knarfious wrote:

Very much joking, I believe he is still with Beta. Saw him there yesterday though on a borrowed 450 and he was still hauling.

That's what I figured, just my wishful thinking. I was/am a big fan of his! One of only a couple of guys to ever match bubba's speed when bubba was owning the 125 class. Baaaaaaaaaad dude!!!

|

2015 KTM 250sx, WP 48mm CV Forks, WP Trax Shock, Bills Pipe
2013 Chevy 2500 Duramax, 2014 Forest River XLR Nitro 28TQD bumper pull toy hauler

Instagram: @impalenthelen https://www.instagram.com/impalenthelen/
Youtube: Mitchell Thelen

2/1/2017 5:28 PM

Didn't he quit racing due to a series of pretty nasty concussions?

|

2/1/2017 5:53 PM

Not many will watch that video he posted and understand how fast he was riding because of how tight that track is. The fact that he looks to be play riding it is even crazier. Smaller indoor tracks like that are difficult to carve up the way he was, most of them become a slow and smooth single-file line when it comes to race time because of how tight the lanes are and how short the track is.

This dude still has some speed for sure.

|

2/1/2017 6:00 PM

Yes joking... really???

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/1/2017 6:01 PM

Seriously one of the most talented riders I have seen, and very underrated.

|

2/1/2017 6:25 PM

Thelen20 wrote:

That's what I figured, just my wishful thinking. I was/am a big fan of his! One of only a couple of guys to ever match bubba's ...more

If you ever make it up to the Pittsburgh area stop by that track Switchback MX. Broc is often there riding (he hasn't been recently until now as he is just coming back from injury) but it's insane to watch him whoop on the fast local guys that ride and race there, he's still a Baaaaaaaad dude and does a lot for the local scene and riders.

|

2/1/2017 6:52 PM

Zero chance that Hepler was serious.You will never see him in a professional race again unless it's off-road.

|

2/1/2017 7:14 PM

Looks like he was just signed to Gas Gas's off road team:

http://www.dirtrider.com/gas-gas-2017-us-off-road-team-announced/?src=SOC&dom=fb

|

2/1/2017 8:22 PM

Man i wish Hepler never had that nasty concussion at the yamaha test track at the end of '06 or beginning of '07. He was KO'D for 7 minutes i believe. He went pro the same year as Millsaps and i think is 2 years older then Davi. To think that Hepler could still be out there doing what Davis doing if it wasnt for that concussion sucks. Broc was very talented and if it wasnt for a few untimely injuroes i believe we wouldve been a champion. 06 supercross and 06 outdoors comes to mind.

|

2/1/2017 8:33 PM

I actually had the chance to race with Broc as a teammate in a team hare scramble. One of my close friends rides with him a lot and goes to his place. I'm planning on making the trip soon with him.
Still suffers some from his old concussions. One of the coolest pros/ex pros I've ever met. You would have never known he was a legit badass on a bike by talking to him. Shame how brutal the sport can be. And yes, when I say he's still fast I mean he's hauling the f@&king mail.

|

2/1/2017 8:39 PM

I thought Hepler was riding professional again as a offroad guy?

http://www.cyclenews.com/2016/02/article/47470/

|

2/1/2017 8:53 PM

He rides a lot of the Aces enduros. He even did the isde last year.

|

2/1/2017 9:12 PM

I'd be absolutely shocked if he could qualify for a main event.

|

2/2/2017 3:53 AM

Good to be King...Photo

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer