Broc Glover

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2022 12:05 PM

Love this guy in the booth. Knowledgeable, humble, easy on the ears. Put this guy in the booth permanently in MX and supercross. Jason and Broc are a great team! Is anyone better than these guys and why?

|

6/18/2022 12:11 PM

I tend to like most anyone in moto, riders, wrenches, announcers, whatever, but Broc is most definitely a class act and top notch.

|

6/18/2022 12:14 PM

karsmakers wrote:

Love this guy in the booth. Knowledgeable, humble, easy on the ears. Put this guy in the booth permanently in MX and ...more

Broc has already joked that he doesn't have interest in continuing this full-time. Said it's fun but the pay isn't worth it. laughing

|

6/18/2022 12:57 PM

He is great , really enjoy him in the booth

|

6/18/2022 1:06 PM

He’s great! Hire Brock and Weege full time for supercross and moto!

|

6/18/2022 1:08 PM

Brock are great, Weege on the other hand.. not so much.. never seems to keep up with the riders time gaps while the camera is on other riders, and then when the camera switches back to the first riders it’s the same old WAIT A MINUTE! shout about something that we all could see happen in the timing and scoring for a couple of laps.

|

6/18/2022 1:51 PM

And just to prove my point, look at the last lap in the second 450 heat. While the camera follows Tomac we can see Ken closing in on Dunge every split time and not a word from Weege about it. And when the camera FINALLY switches to Roczen and Dunge Weege is in for the biggest surprice of his life..

|

6/18/2022 2:05 PM

Tumic wrote:

And just to prove my point, look at the last lap in the second 450 heat. While the camera follows Tomac we can see Ken closing ...more

You realise they have to call whatever they show them on the screen? That's their job.

|

6/18/2022 2:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2022 7:31 PM

I was always a big glover fan.

What he did on that pig aircooled, overweight yz 490 against a rival like bailey was just amazing.

Hearing him in the booth has been a pleasant surprise for the 22 season.

He is always able to come up with interesting observations and one can tell that after all these years he is still truly a fan.

Hearing him talk about modern era riders like tomac and sexton, he comes across as someone who is as in awe of what they do on a bike as many of us were watching him.

His piggy bank joke in that second 250 moto was pretty dang funny.

|

6/18/2022 2:10 PM

Tumic wrote:

And just to prove my point, look at the last lap in the second 450 heat. While the camera follows Tomac we can see Ken closing ...more

At a minimum, Weege has to call the on screen action, find ways to pitch it over to the Broc, listen to voices coming through an ear piece and manage the flow of the conversation in the booth. He’s isn’t always going to have time to look through the running order gaps. Personally, I feel very lucky we have him in that seat.

|

6/18/2022 2:24 PM

He's very good no doubt.

|

6/18/2022 2:27 PM

I love listening to the technical talk of the older past champions. They are so knowledgeable about the bike and how to ride it as well as the track.

|

6/18/2022 2:30 PM

JB 19 wrote:

I love listening to the technical talk of the older past champions. They are so knowledgeable about the bike and how to ride ...more

Agreed but more than that he doesn't miss a beat. He's really good at it and mentions history like he did about KDUB etc in sections of the track. He's very good.

|

6/18/2022 2:53 PM

I appreciate his insight on bike setup. I'm a long time fan.. Photo

|

6/18/2022 2:57 PM

He’s a natural in the booth . 👍

|

6/18/2022 3:01 PM

Mavetism wrote:

You realise they have to call whatever they show them on the screen? That's their job.

His job is to call what happens on track and in the race. They have tools like split times.

If the camera follows a single rider on track and we can se a fight brewing using the split times, he can say ”we are up for a fight now between 4th and 5th” as a heads up, or as a way to make the producer change the camera to those riders. Instead of just sounding surpriced when the camera hits a fight that has been going on for two laps while he was talking about Tomacs last lap in lonlyness.

|

6/18/2022 3:19 PM

Tumic wrote:

Mavetism wrote:

Tumic wrote:

His job is to call what happens on track and in the race. They have tools like split times.

If the camera follows a single ...more

geez

|

6/18/2022 3:42 PM

Broc doesn't need the money or the headache of full time announcing.

|

6/18/2022 3:59 PM

“It’s like Baskin Robbins out there, but instead of 30+ flavors, there’s 30+ lines to choose from.”

I love him the booth, what he was saying about the things they use to burn after the race in “the hills” got me also today, dude is funny. And his insight on the sport is amazing!

|

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

6/18/2022 3:59 PM

Really good!!

|

KTM OneTwoFive for now, on the Stark next year

6/18/2022 4:07 PM

I wouldn't want a whole season of Broc, but he was refreshing, just as every legend so far has been. I would love to see this rotation a permanent thing and maybe, this would appeal to the likes of Broc more?

|

6/18/2022 4:22 PM

Broc is a REAL human being. The sort of guy you'd be proud to call a friend. He is also a walking encyclopedia of moto knowledge. I've met him and our world is a better place with him in it. smile

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/18/2022 4:58 PM

Classic cool of the 1980's pros. They're just generally a cut above the rest, it's hard to say why.

|

6/18/2022 5:05 PM

Him and Weege are good but if you watch the GP'S or men's downhill its no comparison. Those guys get you into the race!

|

6/18/2022 5:05 PM

He’s damn good

|

6/18/2022 5:35 PM

It was funny how Broc and Weege got a little giddy as the racing went on, it was just that epic.

|

6/18/2022 5:44 PM

str8line wrote:

It was funny how Broc and Weege got a little giddy as the racing went on, it was just that epic.

Right, but we shouldn't be shocked when our announcers get excited... they should be getting us going!

|

6/18/2022 5:46 PM

Had lunch with him at a KTM dealer meeting years ago. He was there with Dunlop. Group of us were waiting for lunch he came over introduced himself and all of us ate together. Very cool and personable guy. Still all about riding motorcycles.

|

6/18/2022 6:06 PM

All the posts on this thread are on point. By the by, his voice sounds not unlike RJ.

|

6/18/2022 6:55 PM

Mr. G wrote:

All the posts on this thread are on point. By the by, his voice sounds not unlike RJ.

Not even close. Broc's commentary comes natural and easy unlike RJ. Wasn't a fan of either, back in the day, but respect what they did (specially Broc on the YZed after hearing how he privateered his last supercross and won).

|