British Motocross Race Wear

2/13/2019 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2019 5:47am
Hey all.

I just wanted to get your opinion on a little something I've been working on recently.

As we all know, almost all motocross race wear brands are US based/owner. Given motocross was born in the UK, I felt it necessary to create a British Motocross race wear brand that has ambitions great enough to challenge the sport's leaders! I'd very much welcome and value your opinions on what I've created so far!

(The logo is the alchemical symbol for earth, dirt, mud, soil etc)

It's still very early days so try and be nice! Smile

https://mxpracing.co.uk/
|
Robgvx
2/13/2019 2:29pm
Looks very good to me.
2/13/2019 2:46pm
Yeah, I like that. Looks good. When are you looking to start selling?
Thanks a bunch! Smile
I'll likely be recieving our first major order within the next few months I hope.
Lots to do!

The Shop

2/13/2019 2:51pm
mxpracing wrote:
Thanks a bunch! Smile
I'll likely be recieving our first major order within the next few months I hope.
Lots to do!
Good luck! Wishing you all the best with it mate.
2/13/2019 2:53pm
mxpracing wrote:
Thanks a bunch! Smile
Lots to do!
Good luck! Wishing you all the best with it mate.
Legend! Make sure you give us a follow to keep an eye out Wink
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
2/13/2019 3:00pm
I like it,on par with the big brands. I would wear it.Nice work!
2/13/2019 3:01pm
Looks great. I didn't know there were no British brands. Wulfsport maybe? Or are they off-road only these days? Good luck with the launch!

Cheers
Simon
2/13/2019 3:08pm
neverwas wrote:
I like it,on par with the big brands. I would wear it.Nice work!
Thank you for your kind words! I'll definitely post back here when we launch :D
2/13/2019 3:10pm
good luck, keep us informed, trouser price but also quality is important, i've had some bad stuff like many and i will never but ONE again for example, way too flimsy down stairs, they make lovely tops and gloves mind.

your style looks nice , be happy to wear and support as an Englishman
2/13/2019 3:10pm
Looks great. I didn't know there were no British brands. Wulfsport maybe? Or are they off-road only these days? Good luck with the launch!

Cheers
Simon
Thank you Simon! Yeah Wulfsport are still about and a couple of others. I found Wulfsport wasn't many people's cup of tea, but they're still about.
.kyle
2/13/2019 3:13pm
British brand is great, but is it a double whammy and made in Britain as well? Or is it made in some nasty far eastern country?
2/13/2019 3:16pm
good luck, keep us informed, trouser price but also quality is important, i've had some bad stuff like many and i will never but ONE again...
good luck, keep us informed, trouser price but also quality is important, i've had some bad stuff like many and i will never but ONE again for example, way too flimsy down stairs, they make lovely tops and gloves mind.

Cheers Jamie, I will do for sure. Give us a follow on Facebook or Instagram, I'm posting regularly on there and will post again on here when we officially launch :D

Quality is of upmost importance to us, we're currently in talks with a manufacturer that achieves quality that is on par with the likes of Fox. So things are looking rather promising.

I'll be accepting nothing less than perfection from them.

Thank you for your support Smile
2/13/2019 3:18pm
.kyle wrote:
British brand is great, but is it a double whammy and made in Britain as well? Or is it made in some nasty far eastern country?
That was what we were hoping for but unfortunately we just couldn't find a manufacturer at all in the UK that could create these types of garments, shame I know. Although going forward we will be continuing our search for one!

In the mean time, the manufacturer we're in talks with is achieving quality on par with the likes of Fox, so fingers crossed for when these kit samples turn up next week!
.kyle
2/13/2019 3:22pm
.kyle wrote:
mxpracing wrote:
That was what we were hoping for but unfortunately we just couldn't find a manufacturer at all in the UK that could create these types of...
That was what we were hoping for but unfortunately we just couldn't find a manufacturer at all in the UK that could create these types of garments, shame I know. Although going forward we will be continuing our search for one!

In the mean time, the manufacturer we're in talks with is achieving quality on par with the likes of Fox, so fingers crossed for when these kit samples turn up next week!
A sad state of affairs when there isn't the manufacturer in the UK that can make them. To think what we used to have here.

Anyway, I digress. Good luck with the venture!
TheLsho
Fantasy
664th
2/13/2019 3:33pm
Looks really good. Clean. Great lines. Nice logo as well. Stoked for you!
BR8ES
2/13/2019 3:39pm
I'd buy a set.
Kid Spam
2/13/2019 3:44pm
TheLsho wrote:
Agree. Good luck
2/13/2019 3:45pm
.kyle wrote:
mxpracing wrote:
That was what we were hoping for but unfortunately we just couldn't find a manufacturer at all in the UK that could create these types of...

.kyle wrote:
A sad state of affairs when there isn't the manufacturer in the UK that can make them. To think what we used to have here. Anyway...
A sad state of affairs when there isn't the manufacturer in the UK that can make them. To think what we used to have here.

Anyway, I digress. Good luck with the venture!
I agree, it is a shame! It is something we will keep looking in to going forward though, even if we have to do the manufacturing ourselves at some point!

Thank you Kyle! Smile
2/13/2019 3:45pm
TheLsho wrote:
Thank you Sir!
2/14/2019 6:08am
.kyle wrote:
pretty much everything is made in the east for one obvious reason

it does not mean it is low quality or has less QA than something made here

also, some nasty far east country? wtf does that even mean?

Honest question: are you in any way involved in manufacturing of anything or have any idea about manufacturing?

Here is a beautiful example for you to mull over: BENTLEY - our made in UK brand is littered with Taiwanese, Korean and Chinese parts, most plastics are done in Poland or Czech, i could continue but i won't.

The Bentley case is not 1 in a million, it is standard.
2/14/2019 6:10am
good luck, keep us informed, trouser price but also quality is important, i've had some bad stuff like many and i will never but ONE again...

mxpracing wrote:
Cheers Jamie, I will do for sure. Give us a follow on Facebook or Instagram, I'm posting regularly on there and will post again on here...
Cheers Jamie, I will do for sure. Give us a follow on Facebook or Instagram, I'm posting regularly on there and will post again on here when we officially launch :D

Quality is of upmost importance to us, we're currently in talks with a manufacturer that achieves quality that is on par with the likes of Fox. So things are looking rather promising.

I'll be accepting nothing less than perfection from them.

Thank you for your support Smile
fox stuff is on the money imo - i have 1 particular pair of fox trousers (in my profile pic actually) i bought for DH racing about 2013 and they are still going somehow, still waterproof-ish and no tears even after being hammered on DH and ktm.

i will find you on FB and i will certainly support - great job in starting something for yourself, good luck man
.kyle
2/14/2019 7:18am
.kyle wrote:
pretty much everything is made in the east for one obvious reason it does not mean it is low quality or has less QA than something...
pretty much everything is made in the east for one obvious reason

it does not mean it is low quality or has less QA than something made here

also, some nasty far east country? wtf does that even mean?

Honest question: are you in any way involved in manufacturing of anything or have any idea about manufacturing?

Here is a beautiful example for you to mull over: BENTLEY - our made in UK brand is littered with Taiwanese, Korean and Chinese parts, most plastics are done in Poland or Czech, i could continue but i won't.

The Bentley case is not 1 in a million, it is standard.
I never made mention to quality.

To answer your question - no I'm not. If I was, I sure as hell make stuff in the UK or countries who had ethical policies.
Call me crazy to want to support home grown stuff as much as possible. Where you can easily keep an eye on what gets made, how it gets made and importantly how things (like environment) get treated.

Places like the far east don't give two shits about the environment - so why would I want to support them?
lukeylad
2/14/2019 9:55am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2019 9:59am
All the best buddy. Will grab a set when they come available.

BTW Where abouts in the north west are you based?
2/14/2019 12:01pm
These just landed in the post!! Who wants one!?

2/14/2019 12:09pm
mxpracing wrote:
These just landed in the post!! Who wants one!? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/14/325418/s1200_IMG_20190214_195639_664.jpg[/img]
These just landed in the post!! Who wants one!?

I’ll take one please my man ??
philG
2/14/2019 12:09pm
First glance , its decent enough, simple design, doesnt look like a dogs dinner, which a lot of stuff has started to do, just dont lose sight of the fact that it is primarily protective clothing for when you fall off... some new stuff is like stretch fit Pyjamas.

Post a reply to: British Motocross Race Wear

The Latest