British Champs Live

Related:
Create New Tag

5/2/2021 12:33 PM

Did anyone tune into the Live Broadcast today, if so what was your thoughts?

For me,
Pros,
1) £5er per event is good value & i was happy to pay that
2) picture quality was good

Negatives,

1) the commentating was terrible 🤦🏻‍♂️. I like the guy who does it, so im not hating on him or nothing personal but thats just not his area of expertise. Before i said a word my wife was giving off about him.
2) no countdown clock to see how long was left in the moto
3) no rider positions on screen so we know whos coming through the pack or where are favourite riders are
4) no camera angle in first corner so we had no idea who holeshot or was leading untill they completed a full lap
5) camera in pit lane wasnt good as you got mechanics heads popping infront of it all the time
6) guy doing rider interviews after the race looked like a typical burglar! Black wooly beany hat, green tea shirt, black boomer jacket & a beard! Is this a professional event or what? Wear branded clothes! & stop all the riders you want too before starting to interview one then discover all the top riders are now gone & ur left with 19th place for an interview
7) i only got to see one moto (which was maybe a good thing) because when i tried to log back in after the break i got a message saying ‘ insufficient bandwidth! Video not available’ i checked with some friends who also had the same message. So i never even got what i paid for!
8) cameras focused one front rider who was a minute ahead for about 3 laps, when 3 guys are going tooth & nail for 3rd! Or when the camera stayed on the finish line for a minute whilst a big battle is still going on for 3-6!

There are so many positives with the live stream for revenue & sponsors but RHL would need to get to work to sort these problems or no ones going to watch this. If its as bad as this for the next round then im done & I garantee a lot of others are in the same boat! Its a great championship, world class tracks & riders so i hope the live show can show that off!

|

5/2/2021 12:56 PM

Who did the comms?

|

5/2/2021 1:52 PM

Glad I didn’t lay any money down for it.

I’m reading that Bas Vassen was injured today, any news on his situation?

|

5/2/2021 1:59 PM

philG wrote:

Who did the comms?

Max Hind i think. He does all the 2 stroke videos

|

5/2/2021 2:02 PM

philG wrote:

Who did the comms?

Mega Racing wrote:

The "ultimate CR500 video you've waited your entire life to see" Max Hind??

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

5/2/2021 2:17 PM

philG wrote:

Who did the comms?

Mega Racing wrote:

ahh right.

I might send me CV in lol

|

5/2/2021 5:19 PM

I respect the young buck for trying the clickbait model on his youtube channel. But he must surely realise by now that's what's stopping us guys from watching his videos.

The content can sometimes be quite cool, but my god, how many ultimate cr500's or pro on a 35 year old bike videos can you do.

|

CR250 07
KTM 200 2016 EXC (XCW)
Husqvarna TE150 2019
KX85 Supermini 2014
YCF 125 Bigy 2018

5/3/2021 3:02 AM

I’m not a fan of that Max Hind, he’s just so fake and ‘polished’. The videos he makes are good content but I’m not a fan of his commentary/interview style personally.
Not a fan of RHL either considering he’s not giving any prize money and won’t let anyone video or take photos without paying him 500 quid for a ‘media pass’ so no
Vlogs or anything from the event. Terrible idea in this day and age.

|

5/3/2021 4:52 AM

My local kart club live streams its race events on Youtube for free -

- so you would expect if you're paying that you'd get something very polished. I know RHL will be trying to recoup losses but still...

Banning vlogging and that kind of thing seems counter-productive. The riders earn money with that kind of stuff. Without the riders there's no championship
|

5/3/2021 5:47 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Glad I didn’t lay any money down for it.

I’m reading that Bas Vassen was injured today, any news on his situation?

Unfortunately Bas is in Intensive Care. Really hoping he makes a full recovery

https://gatedrop.com/bas-vaessen-injury-update-adult-intensive-care-unit/#.YI_v4iV4XDs

|

5/3/2021 6:08 AM

Mega Racing wrote:

Unfortunately Bas is in Intensive Care. Really hoping he makes a full recovery

...more

Holy shit, let’s hope he can heal up.

Was he wearing a neck brace? The only reason I ask is because after his last injury he said he was glad to be wearing one again but lately I’ve noticed his hasn’t been wearing it.

|