5/25/2018 10:03 PM

He'll be racing a few Photo

|

5/25/2018 10:16 PM

Nice. He will do well.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/26/2018 2:18 AM

I am wondering why he isnt doing AMA , be top 8 easily, im guessing he has a nice offer to go to Canada and nothing for US .

|

5/26/2018 3:18 AM

philG wrote:

I am wondering why he isnt doing AMA , be top 8 easily, im guessing he has a nice offer to go to Canada and nothing for US .

You reckon top 8? Hmmm not sure, maybe top 15.

|

5/26/2018 3:50 AM

I’ve been told he is heading to 1 round of the US nationals as well...in preparation for a certain race at the end of the season, take a guess which one wink

|

5/26/2018 4:06 AM

He’s working with some good momentum right now. Won 8 races in a row in the British championship and showing good speed this year. Excited to see what he can do in Canada and also the US if he really makes it to Red Bud.

|

5/26/2018 4:09 AM

philG wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Did you even watch Hangtown? Top10 without breaking a sweat , Jake is a solid top 15-20 GP guy, pretty sure he has Bradley Taft covered, and Nicoletti. Full strength AMA with no gaps top 15, as it is , top 10.

|

5/26/2018 5:34 AM

He was flying at Canada heights British mx championship, I think the closest someone got to him was Bobryshev in the second race about 14 seconds back.
I think he will do well, where can I watch the Canadian championship?

|

5/26/2018 7:34 AM

scottydogmx wrote:

He was flying at Canada heights British mx championship, I think the closest someone got to him was Bobryshev in the second race about 14 seconds back.
I think he will do well, where can I watch the Canadian championship?

Our series moved over to Saturday this year so it's on at the same time as the US series. Last year was great. US on Saturday, Canadian series on Sunday.

If you want to watch it you can do so HERE when it goes live. Free of charge.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/26/2018 8:09 AM

philG wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

philG wrote:

Did you even watch Hangtown? Top10 without breaking a sweat , Jake is a solid top 15-20 GP guy, pretty sure he has Bradley Taft covered, and Nicoletti. Full strength AMA with no gaps top 15, as it is , top 10.

Love it when people think they can estimate speed from across the pond....

|

5/26/2018 8:47 AM

philG wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

philG wrote:

Not doubting his speed, it's the different format, tracks, heat & speed of the Nationals.

|

5/26/2018 8:56 AM

First we had to compare the speed of Eli and Herlings....and now Nichols and Philthy Phil....I can't stop laughing!!!

|

5/26/2018 9:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/26/2018 9:36 AM

Jake Nichols went 17-18 at the Glen Helen USGP in 2016. His best lap was 7 seconds off of Eli's best lap in the 1st moto and 9 seconds off Eli's best time in the 2nd and he finished 1:39 and 2:10 off the lead respectively. Lap times were just over 2 min. for the USGP for frame of reference.

|

5/26/2018 9:57 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Jake Nichols went 17-18 at the Glen Helen USGP in 2016. His best lap was 7 seconds off of Eli's best lap in the 1st moto and 9 seconds off Eli's best time in the 2nd and he finished 1:39 and 2:10 off the lead respectively. Lap times were just over 2 min. for the USGP for frame of reference.

7 secs off , is right in the 2 secs gap between Roczen in 10th , and Taft in 11th, based on today's track.

He is a good rider who has been plagued by injuries, he dislocated his hip last year at Trentino without even falling off, and broke his arm Pre season in 2016.

Currently leading the British Champs, on what is probably the best bike he has ridden , since going 450. If he is doing an AMA round at some point , i guess we will see.

|

5/26/2018 10:45 AM

philG wrote:

7 secs off , is right in the 2 secs gap between Roczen in 10th , and Taft in 11th, based on today's track.

He is a good rider who has been plagued by injuries, he dislocated his hip last year at Trentino without even falling off, and broke his arm Pre season in 2016.

Currently leading the British Champs, on what is probably the best bike he has ridden , since going 450. If he is doing an AMA round at some point , i guess we will see.

Remember todays laptimes are about 30 sec longer
so that 7 sec. gap could grow but who knows . Its really difficult to compare lap times from year to year in motocross. I'd like to see him line up in AMA . The more good riders the better.

|

5/26/2018 11:18 AM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

philG wrote:

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Remember todays laptimes are about 30 sec longer
so that 7 sec. gap could grow but who knows . Its really difficult to compare lap times from year to year in motocross. I'd like to see him line up in AMA . The more good riders the better.

The lap times are actually about 50 seconds longer than the average GP track....and yes it is almost impossible to compare lap times from year to year....but these guys want to compare lap time differences from two different tracks and completely different riders and reach a conclusion....

|

5/26/2018 11:29 AM

Is Jake racing this weekend?

|

5/26/2018 11:38 AM

St Ann More wrote:

Is Jake racing this weekend?

No. Starts racing next weekend.

|

6/6/2018 10:47 AM

DonM wrote:

6-2 for 3rd overall... not a bad guess. And he's doing an AMA national too, so i guess we will see.

|

6/6/2018 10:53 AM

philG wrote:

DonM wrote:

philG wrote:

6-2 for 3rd overall... not a bad guess. And he's doing an AMA national too, so i guess we will see.

Which US National is he doing?

|

6/6/2018 10:55 AM

DonM wrote:

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I cant remember, Matthes said something on Pulp, but i missed which one,

|

6/6/2018 10:55 AM

jpmoney57 wrote:

I’ve been told he is heading to 1 round of the US nationals as well...in preparation for a certain race at the end of the season, take a guess which one wink

Red Bull straight rhythm?

|

6/6/2018 7:04 PM

DonM wrote:

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Red Bud

|

6/6/2018 7:47 PM

philG wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

DonM wrote:

Red Bud

Any idea if he's doing it as a privateer or is Honda helping him out? HRC?

|

6/6/2018 8:06 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

DonM wrote:

Red Bud

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Any idea if he's doing it as a privateer or is Honda helping him out? HRC?

Privateer, he has a bike in Cali just has to get it to Red Bud, probably bring his suspension and ECU.

|