Bring on TRENTINO!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/5/2018 9:02 AM

Can’t wait for the race across the pond this weekend at trentino as should be epic racing again and Herlings and AC are tied in points going in to round Four!! Last years race there was one of #222s best come from behinds I’ve seen and sure he will be motivated by home crowd this weekend!! Drop the gate already!!

|

4/5/2018 9:05 AM

The thing to watch for is Herlings and his ability to come through the pack on that track if he continues to get bad starts or crash. Cairoli made it happen last year like you mention but that was something special. It's a very difficult track to pass on!

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/5/2018 9:09 AM

last years race was in my opinion one of the all time motos of my 42 years, the emotion and outright commitment involved in that race was immense. I was screaming at the TV the entire way, unbelievable hero story and what really set the stall out for the title race and the entire season imo, the gauntlet was laid down hard and nobody picked it up.

be great to see all the big dogs go at it for 2 motos on Italian soil but something tells me there will only be 1 challenger to AC, still that is 1 more than last year wink

|

4/5/2018 9:29 AM

I'm really excited for the race, this is when Herlings is going to have to do a bit of damage control I think. That's a bit of an exaggeration as he is obviously amazing on any type of surface but the last few tracks have definitely suited him, whereas I believe the hard pack and slick tracks will not only suit Cairoli a bit more, but also Febvre and Gajser who seem to be getting back up to speed.

|

4/5/2018 9:32 AM

Hopefully Herlings does not start getting holeshots as he appears to have more consistent speed than AC through the first 3 rounds. Its just that AC is a holeshot machine so he has put himself in great spots. If one of those two guys were to get hurt at some point during the season and misses some rounds its could be a runaway. There has not been any competition at the top so far beyond Cairoli and Herlings.

|

4/5/2018 9:43 AM

I recommend that you guys listen to MX Vice post race podcast with Herlings from Red Sand. He mentioned that he hurt his knee at Valkenswaard and that they've been working on an updated engine package because of his bad starts.

Lets see if it works out in Trentino.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/5/2018 10:50 AM

Herlings 1-1 Darin sanayai and covington are 1-2 both motos but pull over last lap to let the 91 pass to save their jobs.... RED BUD!!!!!!!!

|

4/5/2018 10:57 AM

B DUB 333 wrote:

Herlings 1-1 Darin sanayai and covington are 1-2 both motos but pull over last lap to let the 91 pass to save their jobs.... ...more

Nice cast...probably no Darian this weekend and ummmm 91 is on a 450...I really don't know why I'm responding to a troll...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

4/5/2018 11:02 AM

B DUB 333 wrote:

Herlings 1-1 Darin sanayai and covington are 1-2 both motos but pull over last lap to let the 91 pass to save their jobs.... ...more

DonM wrote:

Nice cast...probably no Darian this weekend and ummmm 91 is on a 450...I really don't know why I'm responding to a troll...

A troll is somebody hiding the Bullshit trying to get people to argue, if you can't see every post I've made about the gp guys is a joke, well, I can't help ya.... I'm just stirring the mxdn pot, unwind the panties

|

4/5/2018 11:08 AM

B DUB 333 wrote:

DonM wrote:

B DUB 333 wrote:

A troll is somebody hiding the Bullshit trying to get people to argue, if you can't see every post I've made about the gp guys ...more

Troll....with the intent of provoking someone into an emotional response....joke or not that is your intention...have a nice day...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

4/5/2018 11:27 AM

Is Darian out injured? Knee right? How bad?

|

I HATE FOURSTROKES
www.racelife.se

4/5/2018 11:35 AM

DonM wrote:

B DUB 333 wrote:

A troll is somebody hiding the Bullshit trying to get people to argue, if you can't see every post I've made about the gp guys ...more

DonM wrote:

Troll....with the intent of provoking someone into an emotional response....joke or not that is your intention...have a nice ...more

I don't know about you, but I don't get emotional on a motocross blog, I'm sorry if I've made anybody emotional, it is truly just a joke, I may be the only one to understand this, but I highly doubt it. We've got people saying horrible crap about riders in just about every post, like personal stuff, I'm just goofing around about the mxdn. Do you wear a cape and stand like captain Morgan as you type? Chill out. And if you can read minds, as you seem to be able, by telling me you know what I'm doing, I'd challenge Dr Phil for king of the daytime talkies.

|

4/5/2018 11:52 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I recommend that you guys listen to MX Vice post race podcast with Herlings from Red Sand. He mentioned that he hurt his knee ...more

and Cairoli mentioned they are still looking for the best bike set up....

http://www.mxgp.com/motocross/news/cairoli-and-jonass-race-redsand-victories

Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Antonio Cairoli: “I am really happy about the weekend, we are still searching for the best bike set up but we are going the right way and we made some good changes. Everything went well here in Spain, it is my 84th GP win so it is very nice and the season is going really good and I am happy to fight with Jeffrey.”

|

4/5/2018 12:19 PM

I predict a 1-1 for Cairoli. He is always good at this track and he is a holeshot machine. The Euro version of Allesi haha!

If Herlings can get a 2-2 it would be a good day for him. He will most likely the fastest guy on track, but his starts are just... Last weekend at the Dutch Masters he was again behind all the GP guys.

It becomes a mental thing, back in the 85cc days he pulled almost every holeshot, Yes he was big and heavy to!

250 someone need to stop Jonass if they want to have a shot at the title or give him a little less confidence!

Olsen seems to be fast and fit but starts are killing him just like Herlings.

Prado won here last year his first GP, so who knows!

|

4/5/2018 12:36 PM

Desalle and Paulin are also lurking like JVH, under the radar but there

|

“If you don’t crash alot, you just ain’t going fast enough” Chandler

4/5/2018 12:41 PM

AC has herlings covered in hard pack tracks especially trentino. Next few rounds no sand tracks until lommel.

|

4/5/2018 12:47 PM

Nuffsaid wrote:

Desalle and Paulin are also lurking like JVH, under the radar but there

Yes they are.....approximately 30 seconds behind Cairoli and Herlings.

|

4/5/2018 2:43 PM

Jamie_Munro wrote:

last years race was in my opinion one of the all time motos of my 42 years, the emotion and outright commitment involved in ...more

My thoughts as well. Going to be great racing.

|

4/5/2018 3:21 PM

That line that Cairoli used to pass 5 or 6 guys in second moto was insane!! Guy has huge balls and was flat out going for it!!

|

4/5/2018 4:09 PM

I can't wait! I'm loving the battles between Herlings and Cairoli. They're truly on another level.

|

4/5/2018 5:13 PM

I know one thing....AC is going to be tough to beat there. He freakin' rails on that track. Gonna be some damn good racing there this weekend!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

4/5/2018 5:54 PM

Watch out for Gajser this weekend too. This is a good track for him and he'll probably get good starts. Wouldn't surprise me if we see someone take a race win off the KTM boys for the first time this season this weekend

|

4/5/2018 9:57 PM

The one thing against Cairoli this weekend is the line he used to pass everybody last year! Everybody got that line in there mind now, wont happend a Second time around..

Most off the track is follow the leader..

|

4/5/2018 10:00 PM

RG1 wrote:

Watch out for Gajser this weekend too. This is a good track for him and he'll probably get good starts. Wouldn't surprise me ...more

If he can keep it up 2 wheels, he will have a shot. Also every year allot of fans out Slovenia are coming over for him, he is calling this his home GP because is close to home.

|

4/5/2018 11:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/5/2018 11:19 PM

Cairoli has never really liked Trentino - or most hard pack Italian (or other) tracks.

But, he just gets on with the job at hand.

I wish they could do something with the first 2 corners there, but the track is in a very compact area = not much can be done about it.

The bikes are like Dogs on Oiled Lino there, especially the 250s, with them running at 14 - 16+K. The 450 riders can use their Grunt there to try to survive.

I can't imagine that the others won't be awake to ACs line in that turn this year - the question is if they will be willing not to back off, as He, or others use it.

I hope for good, aggressive, yet 'clean' racing. But, I think things are going to get pretty bloody heated as the year progresses.

|

4/6/2018 12:22 AM

Cairoli used to be "king of the sand" before Herlings came on the scene and now all of a sudden he's supposedly better on slick hardpack. Last year's ride in Trentino was great, but he usually doesn't excel on slick hardpack (like Loket or Sevlievo for example) like he does on a more sandy base (like Valkenswaard or Kegums).

|

4/6/2018 1:13 AM

NVA57 wrote:

Cairoli used to be "king of the sand" before Herlings came on the scene and now all of a sudden he's supposedly better on ...more

Exactly what I was thinking, last few seasons Gasjer and Febre have been the hardpack guys

|

4/6/2018 4:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2018 4:07 AM

and the first round of the WMX series^^
not sure if there will be any new contenders this year. Nancy will not be 100% this weekend but don't count her out

|

4/6/2018 4:13 AM

line-up wrote:

and Cairoli mentioned they are still looking for the best bike set up....

...more

dont they all :-) still looking for best setup

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

4/6/2018 5:33 AM

If Gajser and/or Febvre get a good start, I could see them getting away with a win. Hopefully Herlings has two good starts along with Cairoli, so we could see some good battles. Don't count out guys like Paulin, Anstie and Desalle though! I'm not really a fan of the track, hopefully they will get away safely.

Also, seems like there are 95 riders for EMX125 and around 40 for WMX. Some good racing this weekend!

|