Bring Herlings to US full time!

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
3/27/2018 10:59pm
I didn't read the whole thread but Tomac himself said that he almost waded up trying to keep up with him at Ironman. He then held back because the championship was more important than racing Herlings.
Katoomey
3/28/2018 12:29am
Katoomey wrote:
your dream is to completely get rid of American motocross at the professional level except for 2 races a year? less moto for everyone...brilliant. what a...
your dream is to completely get rid of American motocross at the professional level except for 2 races a year?

less moto for everyone...brilliant. what a couple of tools you two are.

Actually, no, dumbass. I have always advocated elimination of Supercross (pure shit) and establishment of an 18- to 20-race motocross series in North America, maybe including...
Actually, no, dumbass. I have always advocated elimination of Supercross (pure shit) and establishment of an 18- to 20-race motocross series in North America, maybe including events in Canada and Mexico, maybe one in Europe.

The absolute elite might migrate to MXGP (but only a handful, 'cause there are only so many top rides), but there'd still be enough talent for a very good American series. IndyCar ain't F1 (not even close), but it's still a healthy series.
jorgechavez wrote:

Have Roczen, Musquin, Barcia, Baggett, Anderson and Tomac go compete in the GPs and do away with SX. That'd be a series.

Will never happen but I can dream.

Brownstone322 wrote:

That's the dream series right there. (Supercross is just shit, and it panders to morons.)

So...yo didn't type that? He suggested they all go to the GP's and you said "thats the dream series". Those are your fucking words aren't they? and then in your stupid reply you talk about a series without the top American guys, and now thats your dream? thats what you meant all along? ...you're so full of shit it's seeping into your brain.

nobody wants to race in Europe, or Canada, or Mexico that isn't already. don't ever forget that. I mean, Canada and Mexico. Really? thats your dream huh? good lord....

3/28/2018 12:30am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 12:35am
The MXGPs are phenomenal at the moment, and in all honesty probably are the deeper 450 series with the very top two guys on the absolute form of their lives, and much of the rest of the pack made up of former GP winners and champions.

With that said I have a hard time not seeing a healthy Barcia, Roczen, Musquin, Anderson, Baggett, Tomac, perhaps even Webb (he'll come good eventually) also giving the likes of Cairoli and Herlings (and the rest) all they can handle on the AMA tracks. Fast riders are fast.

The problem of course is that the AMA riders listed are almost never healthy at the same time, or rarely...

And then there's the actual, I would say, even questionable motivation to be out there. Eli doesn't even want to race the MXDN anymore and honestly you can't blame him. Tony on the other hand talks about wanting to go a couple more seasons etc.

We've all said it a million times but 450 SX is just killing the sport. It's a boring meat grinder for the riders by the same point every year and desperately, DESPERATELY, needs shortening for the benefit of the riders and the fans. It's quite frankly painful to watch these days.

The 250 guys (both coasts) race half as much and are good every year.
Motofinne
3/28/2018 12:45am Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 12:51am
jemcee wrote:
I mean yeah Herlings was super impressive at Ironman but some argue the US riders had a few 'reasons' they weren't trying their hardest, but let's...
I mean yeah Herlings was super impressive at Ironman but some argue the US riders had a few 'reasons' they weren't trying their hardest, but let's say a guy went over to the states at about round 4 and only rode once before the race and came second in the first moto now THAT would be impressive
Well Shaun Simpson finished 4th at Unadilla with a completely different bike(anyone that have rode both the 2015 and 2016 KTMs knows the difference is huge).

But i agree with your point. Same thing with the USGPs. The riders are usually mailing it in at the last few races unless the title is still on the line.

With that said, Herlings Ironman ride was my highlight of 2017. That kind of a ride on a bike that didn't even have the same frame as his normal bike? It was cool to see.

The Shop

jemcee
3/28/2018 1:47am
jemcee wrote:
I mean yeah Herlings was super impressive at Ironman but some argue the US riders had a few 'reasons' they weren't trying their hardest, but let's...
I mean yeah Herlings was super impressive at Ironman but some argue the US riders had a few 'reasons' they weren't trying their hardest, but let's say a guy went over to the states at about round 4 and only rode once before the race and came second in the first moto now THAT would be impressive
Motofinne wrote:
Well Shaun Simpson finished 4th at Unadilla with a completely different bike(anyone that have rode both the 2015 and 2016 KTMs knows the difference is huge)...
Well Shaun Simpson finished 4th at Unadilla with a completely different bike(anyone that have rode both the 2015 and 2016 KTMs knows the difference is huge).

But i agree with your point. Same thing with the USGPs. The riders are usually mailing it in at the last few races unless the title is still on the line.

With that said, Herlings Ironman ride was my highlight of 2017. That kind of a ride on a bike that didn't even have the same frame as his normal bike? It was cool to see.
Haha yeah I was just being a bit of a smartarse cause that's exactly what Dean Ferris did! He went 2-14 after getting hit by the heat which was to be expected he went from cold winter here to hot humid summer in a couple of days..
Anyway back to the topic
Beeby
3/28/2018 4:56am
Shaned9326 wrote:
Brol I’ve been watching Herlings for many years and the reason I’m using Ironman is because it’s the only damn national he raced!! Would you of...
Brol I’ve been watching Herlings for many years and the reason I’m using Ironman is because it’s the only damn national he raced!! Would you of rather it been Southwick? Think not!! I personally pull for tomac wherever he is and am damn glad to see him win and hate to see him lose!!
I know south wick isn’t really a sand track, it is just a bit sandy. Either way, don’t invite Herlings to a sandy track.
B DUB 333
3/28/2018 5:29am
SweetDaddy wrote:
[img]http://www.mxgp.com/sites/default/files/news/image/Herlings.jpg[/img]
"Glad I'm not in America getting me ass handed to me"
B DUB 333
3/28/2018 5:30am
SweetDaddy wrote:
"Tony, is that 100% bran cereal your eating?"
Thelen20
3/28/2018 5:39am
When Herlings came to Ironman he ranted and raved about how good the track was . . . But he would be crazy to come to the US, he has a good thing going over there and I love watching it!!!
TimR
3/28/2018 7:05am
SweetDaddy wrote:
B DUB 333 wrote:
Ive been reading your posts now in a couple of threads and the only thing I can say to you is: You are a troll.
keinz
3/28/2018 7:05am
For those who didn'tt watch the press conference after Ironman. Let the folks talk about themselves.

3/28/2018 9:56am
Park Boys wrote:
The butt hurt in you is stong, on this very site Herlings said the bike was good and couldn't be used as an excuse. But if...
The butt hurt in you is stong, on this very site Herlings said the bike was good and couldn't be used as an excuse. But if you think in a sense I thought the 40 guys at Ironman were competiton for Herlings no. By Moto 2 he had to beat Musquin all things considered for speed and Musquin crashed all by himself crusing out front. Roczen and Anderson were gone. Bagget was hurt and was never close to his early - mid season form and Tomac was just racing to win a title by Moto 2 after crashing in Moto 1. Injuries and situations are why I don't go nuts for Ironman 17. Herlings baseline speed is gonna be way faster than all the other guys out there sans those listed. I said he would win Ironman that year. But he didn't have to race most of the Elite AMA guys and you can't judge everything off of that Race. Would be like Judging Herlings vs Anderson using MxDN in 16, too small of a sample size and a lot talent wasn't there. More or less that race was Herlings 1 Musquin 0. Just like the GPs right now, with Gasjer coming back from injury and Febvre it seems hasn't been the same since Matterly 16. The rest of the guys are just filler to AC and Herlings at this moment. This MXGP season has been one big match race so far, just like Ironman ended up being.
oh Park Boys LaughingLaughingLaughing
drt410
3/28/2018 12:46pm
drt410 wrote:
Uhhh... Villopoto won his first MXGP race in the second friggin round. He was doing really well all while racing on tracks these guys always race...
Uhhh...

Villopoto won his first MXGP race in the second friggin round. He was doing really well all while racing on tracks these guys always race on and its literally his first time, he's also across the world in random countries racing against riders he's never raced against and he wins his second race. He only raced 4 races over there what point was made besides the fact that hes a badass that he won his second race he ever raced in the GP's against guys you guys are saying are the fastest in the world and in the premier series in the world, which in mx I agree, and by round 4 he's already won a round and is in 4th overall in points. He was 4th in points heading into Trentino where he crashed.

So his first ever MXGP race he gets 7th... (or as they say now we got 7th). So he gets comfortably within the top 10 in the premier mx series in the world his first race ever against guys he doesn't race and tracks he doesn't ride on a bike he doesn't ride in a country he's probably never been to. Then his second race ever over there he WINS. Nuff said there besides it wasn't one of those 2-3 type of wins where the other guys sucked so you get the overall type of wins. Na he won his first main and earned it. He went 1-3. Then the 3rd race he goes 4-4 for a fourth overall. Finally in the 4th round and in his final professional race he gets a 4th in moto 1 and then a DNF while in 3rd and the season/career is over.

So thats a 7th, 1st, 4th, then a 4th in moto 1 and a crash while in 3rd in moto 2 while trailing Cairoli who is in second. So in moto 2 Nagl is 13 seconds up on Cairoli, Villopoto is riding in 3nd right behind Cairoli but he's also battling with Desalle. He gets passed by Desalle and immediately passes him back within the same corner two times in a row to settle back into 3rd. They ride around a bit and while still in 3rd Desalle again makes another attempt and comes right next to him coming out of a corner and over a roller and Villopoto accidentally whiskey throttles it on the downside, breaks his tail bone, and his career is over with a DNF and subsequent retirement.

He was killing it over there and absolutely was a threat for the Championship with already a win and sitting comfortably in 4th place by round 4. This is Ryan Villopoto. Again he's racing guys he doesn't race, on tracks he doesn't ride, on a bike he doesn't ride, and he wins round 2 and is sitting in 4th in points and in his last moment he's in 3rd right behind Cairoli and battling with Desalle. If anything he proved that he's even more badass than we knew and was a threat for the championship over there too. Cant really argue against that when the facts are laid out.

It sucked to see him get hurt and then retire, but he DOMINATED over here against guys like idk..... Ryan Dungey who if you don't bring you A-game EVERY single race and slip up -1 time... Dungey wins the Championship. Yet he whoops him 4 straight years in a row in sx. Thats almost impossible to do, hell beating Dungey 1 year in supercross is almost impossible to do because he podiums every race....yet Villopoto did it. All this while riding like a freaking bat out of hell being clearly the fastest guy on the track every weekend and still having the consistency to beat Dungey 4 straight years. Thats insane.

Idk what anyones trying to prove, but Villopoto achieved something that is literally almost impossible to do and never rode for podiums and cemented himself as a certified badass that was a major success once he got to factory equipment. We were lucky to have had that period in MX/SX history and I just realized I didn't even address his MX championships either but theres already enough info and it was getting pretty long.
Beeby wrote:
Yeah sorry dude. If he was ‘fastest man on the planet’ he would have won like Herlings did at Ironman. If anyone thinks Ironman was a...
Yeah sorry dude. If he was ‘fastest man on the planet’ he would have won like Herlings did at Ironman. If anyone thinks Ironman was a bad example I’d agree, I mean it wasn’t like he went from last to first in one race
He did win.
drt410
3/28/2018 12:49pm
drt410 wrote:
Uhhh... Villopoto won his first MXGP race in the second friggin round. He was doing really well all while racing on tracks these guys always race...
Uhhh...

Villopoto won his first MXGP race in the second friggin round. He was doing really well all while racing on tracks these guys always race on and its literally his first time, he's also across the world in random countries racing against riders he's never raced against and he wins his second race. He only raced 4 races over there what point was made besides the fact that hes a badass that he won his second race he ever raced in the GP's against guys you guys are saying are the fastest in the world and in the premier series in the world, which in mx I agree, and by round 4 he's already won a round and is in 4th overall in points. He was 4th in points heading into Trentino where he crashed.

So his first ever MXGP race he gets 7th... (or as they say now we got 7th). So he gets comfortably within the top 10 in the premier mx series in the world his first race ever against guys he doesn't race and tracks he doesn't ride on a bike he doesn't ride in a country he's probably never been to. Then his second race ever over there he WINS. Nuff said there besides it wasn't one of those 2-3 type of wins where the other guys sucked so you get the overall type of wins. Na he won his first main and earned it. He went 1-3. Then the 3rd race he goes 4-4 for a fourth overall. Finally in the 4th round and in his final professional race he gets a 4th in moto 1 and then a DNF while in 3rd and the season/career is over.

So thats a 7th, 1st, 4th, then a 4th in moto 1 and a crash while in 3rd in moto 2 while trailing Cairoli who is in second. So in moto 2 Nagl is 13 seconds up on Cairoli, Villopoto is riding in 3nd right behind Cairoli but he's also battling with Desalle. He gets passed by Desalle and immediately passes him back within the same corner two times in a row to settle back into 3rd. They ride around a bit and while still in 3rd Desalle again makes another attempt and comes right next to him coming out of a corner and over a roller and Villopoto accidentally whiskey throttles it on the downside, breaks his tail bone, and his career is over with a DNF and subsequent retirement.

He was killing it over there and absolutely was a threat for the Championship with already a win and sitting comfortably in 4th place by round 4. This is Ryan Villopoto. Again he's racing guys he doesn't race, on tracks he doesn't ride, on a bike he doesn't ride, and he wins round 2 and is sitting in 4th in points and in his last moment he's in 3rd right behind Cairoli and battling with Desalle. If anything he proved that he's even more badass than we knew and was a threat for the championship over there too. Cant really argue against that when the facts are laid out.

It sucked to see him get hurt and then retire, but he DOMINATED over here against guys like idk..... Ryan Dungey who if you don't bring you A-game EVERY single race and slip up -1 time... Dungey wins the Championship. Yet he whoops him 4 straight years in a row in sx. Thats almost impossible to do, hell beating Dungey 1 year in supercross is almost impossible to do because he podiums every race....yet Villopoto did it. All this while riding like a freaking bat out of hell being clearly the fastest guy on the track every weekend and still having the consistency to beat Dungey 4 straight years. Thats insane.

Idk what anyones trying to prove, but Villopoto achieved something that is literally almost impossible to do and never rode for podiums and cemented himself as a certified badass that was a major success once he got to factory equipment. We were lucky to have had that period in MX/SX history and I just realized I didn't even address his MX championships either but theres already enough info and it was getting pretty long.
crusty_xx wrote:
The 3 first rounds were Quatar, Thailand and Argentina. Thailand and Argentina were new tracks that no one had seen before. And he had more then...
The 3 first rounds were Quatar, Thailand and Argentina. Thailand and Argentina were new tracks that no one had seen before. And he had more then enough time to get his bike ready.
He's still a badass but these excuses are pretty lame.

Actually not exactly sure what you're trying to express
Yea and he did good. The first 3 were 7,1,4. Thats not bad at all. Anyways my response was just to clarify how he did over there because it seemed/people do try, to kind of rag on him for how he did over there but he did good it was a full season ahead of him before he crashed and he was in 4th in points.
Beeby
3/28/2018 12:49pm
drt410 wrote:
He did win.
Not like Herlings did. Not first go
drt410
3/28/2018 12:56pm
drt410 wrote:
Uhhh...

Dude, don't flip over Villopoto. He did fine in MXGP for the short period he was there, especially with all the challenges you mentioned. But most...
Dude, don't flip over Villopoto. He did fine in MXGP for the short period he was there, especially with all the challenges you mentioned.

But most people who really watched -- practice, qualifying races and motos -- would agree that he looked like a solid Top 5 guy, sometimes a podium guy, about on the level of Desalle. In fact, he was mixing it up with Desalle for fourth when he had his final crash; at that same event, he was ninth in timed practice and fourth in the qualifying race.

But that's as far as it went. There were retards here saying that Villopoto would dominate Cairoli and company. Wasn't gonna happen. Even with all the other injuries, I don't think Villopoto could've beaten Febvre, who was on fire in the second half of the season.

Yea I agree I didnt think he was going to win the championship when he went over there because a whole season in all different countries like that is a major change. Maybe in 2-3 years he could be in the mix, but mentally he was already retired by that point anyways, he despised the sport at that point. He definitely would have been top 5 if he lasted the whole season though.
B DUB 333
3/28/2018 1:27pm
SweetDaddy wrote:
B DUB 333 wrote:
TimR wrote:
Ive been reading your posts now in a couple of threads and the only thing I can say to you is: You are a troll.
Have I made a statement that's not factual? And troll is racist, we prefer professional angler/fisherman. If you've read my posts you know I'm a minority team owner. My team has won the big tamale twice since 1995~
Shaned9326
3/28/2018 6:30pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Have I made a statement that's not factual? And troll is racist, we prefer professional angler/fisherman. If you've read my posts you know I'm a minority...
Have I made a statement that's not factual? And troll is racist, we prefer professional angler/fisherman. If you've read my posts you know I'm a minority team owner. My team has won the big tamale twice since 1995~
All I know is you say some dumb shit on here!!
3/28/2018 6:35pm
Shaned9326 wrote:
All I know is you say some dumb shit on here!!
Hahahaha, and he's not alone. The self-anointed know-it-alls are the worst of all.
jeffro503
3/28/2018 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 8:24pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Have I made a statement that's not factual? And troll is racist, we prefer professional angler/fisherman. If you've read my posts you know I'm a minority...
You have in fact been pretty disrespectful towards the GP guys. We ( American's ) got to stand on a high horse going on about 30 years , and we flicked shit towards the GP crowd. Now days , that is not the case , and if anyone deserves to flick shit , towards us.....it's them. I'm 100% a patriotic American , but I'm not dumb enough to discredit what they have accomplished over the past 5 - 7 years. They have not only matched our guys in speed , but ( outdoors ) , have surpassed us. And why shouldn't they have? Because they actually take the sport of MX seriously , All the while our guys are busy impaling themselves in an indoor 3 ring circus.

Me personally.....as a fan of this sport , I cheer for dudes on both sides of the pond. And even though I am biased towards the American's ( because I want to see them do good! ) , I'm not taking cheap shots at the GP guys. I will be leading the charge for the shit talk on MXoN's day though! But until then......anyone who has a brain , and is a fan of this sport.....you have to give credit to those GP guys right about now!
Shaned9326
3/28/2018 9:45pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You have in fact been pretty disrespectful towards the GP guys. We ( American's ) got to stand on a high horse going on about 30...
You have in fact been pretty disrespectful towards the GP guys. We ( American's ) got to stand on a high horse going on about 30 years , and we flicked shit towards the GP crowd. Now days , that is not the case , and if anyone deserves to flick shit , towards us.....it's them. I'm 100% a patriotic American , but I'm not dumb enough to discredit what they have accomplished over the past 5 - 7 years. They have not only matched our guys in speed , but ( outdoors ) , have surpassed us. And why shouldn't they have? Because they actually take the sport of MX seriously , All the while our guys are busy impaling themselves in an indoor 3 ring circus.

Me personally.....as a fan of this sport , I cheer for dudes on both sides of the pond. And even though I am biased towards the American's ( because I want to see them do good! ) , I'm not taking cheap shots at the GP guys. I will be leading the charge for the shit talk on MXoN's day though! But until then......anyone who has a brain , and is a fan of this sport.....you have to give credit to those GP guys right about now!
Well said!!
B DUB 333
3/28/2018 11:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/28/2018 11:36pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
You have in fact been pretty disrespectful towards the GP guys. We ( American's ) got to stand on a high horse going on about 30...

Look at my posts from valkenswaard, I posted that I thought Herlings was the fmop, and I truly believe he's going to run away w the title, regardless of last week's results. I also wrote about his success over here, and how I loved his podium speech where he said he's the only one with balls enough to switch series on live television, it was cocky but refreshing. We haven't been at our best the last few years of mxdn, I'm well aware of the gp guys speed. Just a bit of fishing with the boys across the pond... on a serious note- I believe if the guys from the Nats last year don't get hurt or slow down, we can send, Tomac -Bagget-and one of Martin, Barcia, Webb, Hill, hell, any number of guys might be our third rider, and we will take the trophy back- just my opinion. Now lighten up kids, a little ribbing from each other in good fun shouldn't trigger anyone.

Post a reply to: Bring Herlings to US full time!

The Latest