Bring Herlings to US full time!

Shaned9326
3/26/2018 11:53pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Winning in the gp's vs. Getting his ass handed to him in the nationals. It's a widely known fact our guys weren't running their "A" game...
Winning in the gp's vs. Getting his ass handed to him in the nationals. It's a widely known fact our guys weren't running their "A" game when he came here last year and he barely won. Put him at the first race where everyone's still trying and he's a 5-10 place rider. America is pinned from the drop of the gate, the gp's don't start hauling until lap five or so. Add the huge jumps we have and he's out of his league. Sorry, just stating some facts . Full disclosure, I own 1-12th of a team- I hear things.
jeffro503 wrote:
Dude seriously....?? I don't know if you actually believe what you just typed. But if you do , you fall in the line of what some...
Dude seriously....?? I don't know if you actually believe what you just typed. But if you do , you fall in the line of what some in this thread call " Clueless " .......in your own little world , which by the way , ain't true.
Most accurate statement I’ve herd on his thread!! Some people don’t have a clue!,
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
3/27/2018 12:11am
mx317 wrote:
I'm "Merica" all the way, but I would rather win a world championship than a national one if money is similar.
Youthstream doesn’t pay price money and you have to pay €1500,- ($1846,-) starting money. The whole reason why there are so few riders at the gate during the GP’s. Still seems ridiculous to me, they’re just shoving money in their own pockets.

Sure, KTM and all his personal sponsors pay really well, not sure if Herlings or Cairoli get paid more than Dungey for example.

Let’s just hope Herlings will at least do a few races in the US the bext few years. That was my favorite race to watch of 2017.
roninho
3/27/2018 12:44am
It is simple: Herlings has unfinished business in Europe and wont be thinking about the US for a while. He wants to win the MXGP title. And probably a couple. After that who knows.

At 'best' for now i can see him do the outdoors if he is in a situation like Gajser this season (injured in preseason, out of the mxgp title, but fit before outdoors start).

The Shop

Motofinne
3/27/2018 1:01am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 1:06am
mx317 wrote:
I'm "Merica" all the way, but I would rather win a world championship than a national one if money is similar.
Youthstream doesn’t pay price money and you have to pay €1500,- ($1846,-) starting money. The whole reason why there are so few riders at the gate...
Youthstream doesn’t pay price money and you have to pay €1500,- ($1846,-) starting money. The whole reason why there are so few riders at the gate during the GP’s. Still seems ridiculous to me, they’re just shoving money in their own pockets.

Sure, KTM and all his personal sponsors pay really well, not sure if Herlings or Cairoli get paid more than Dungey for example.

Let’s just hope Herlings will at least do a few races in the US the bext few years. That was my favorite race to watch of 2017.
That used to be the case. The gate in the european rounds have always over 30 riders and the fly away rounds would have around 30 riders if everyone is fit.

They had 40 entries in both classes at Red Sand. 34 rider raced in both classes. So the whole "there are few riders on the gates in the GPs" is not true anymore. Unless a lot of regular riders are hurt when they go to Indonesia in the summer, then we might see only 20-25 riders.

There were 31 riders in MX2 and 26 in MXGP in Argentina. 31 for MX2 is good for a fly away race, 26 for MXGP wasn't good but there were so many hurt guys that couldn't make it. If everyone would've been healthy there would've been over 30 450 riders.
OT
Fantasy
3059th
3/27/2018 1:49am
He wants to race the best in the world, so MXGP is where he is.
Jrewing
3/27/2018 1:55am
Shaned9326 wrote:
After last summer at Ironman I’m sure Herlings be like now y’all come race one of our tracks!! ????
What he said ^^^^
3/27/2018 2:01am
mx317 wrote:
Youthstream doesn’t pay price money and you have to pay €1500,- ($1846,-) starting money. The whole reason why there are so few riders at the gate...

You should watch a GP once in 3 years. There are 40 entries every European round in both MX2 and MXGP, and would be more but 40 is max they take.

The OP would have been a valid question 10 years ago. Back then the GPs were a mess and the AMA series were superior and that was where pretty much every kid coming up wanted to be racing. Now the only guys I really see moving from Europe to the US are some french kids and some aussies who are just passing by the GPs on their way, like Lawrence. Gajser and Prado have really been the only ones rumoured to move in the recent years, but I honestly doubt they will.
ATKpilot99
3/27/2018 3:26am
I'd much rather see a top American rider try for a world title , but anyone who doesn't think Herlings could come here and compete for a SX title if he applied himself to it is kidding themselves.
philG
3/27/2018 3:48am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I'd much rather see a top American rider try for a world title , but anyone who doesn't think Herlings could come here and compete for...
I'd much rather see a top American rider try for a world title , but anyone who doesn't think Herlings could come here and compete for a SX title if he applied himself to it is kidding themselves.
Thats what Covington and Sananyei are doing in MX2.. like to see Baggett or Tickle come and have a go
Flatliner
3/27/2018 3:53am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I'd much rather see a top American rider try for a world title , but anyone who doesn't think Herlings could come here and compete for...
*IF he could stay healthy.
Motofinne
3/27/2018 3:56am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
But that applies to everyone that lines up at the A1 gate. Only one title contender has survived this season and there are still multiple races left.
3/27/2018 3:57am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Flatliner wrote:
But that applies to every single rider, in every single race. Ever. So theres really no point 'asterisking' it like there's a higher probability he will wreck than let's say Eli, or JA.
philG
3/27/2018 3:58am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Thats what Covington and Sananyei are doing in MX2.. like to see Baggett or Tickle come and have a go
kb228
3/27/2018 4:01am
For his own good he should stay in the GPs. He will come here, try sx, get injured and then struggle with a nagging injury in outdoors most likely.

Personally i think there should be 1 world outdoor series without the nationals. All the top riders compete in sx and GPs as they both claim to be world series.
Flatliner
3/27/2018 4:03am
Motofinne wrote:
But that applies to everyone that lines up at the A1 gate. Only one title contender has survived this season and there are still multiple races...
But that applies to everyone that lines up at the A1 gate. Only one title contender has survived this season and there are still multiple races left.
Unless he rides sx for fun here and there I'm assuming he'd still have to learn, My staying healthy comment was geared more to just hopping into 450sx.
Motofinne
3/27/2018 4:08am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 4:10am
Motofinne wrote:
But that applies to everyone that lines up at the A1 gate. Only one title contender has survived this season and there are still multiple races...
Flatliner wrote:
Unless he rides sx for fun here and there I'm assuming he'd still have to learn, My staying healthy comment was geared more to just hopping...
Unless he rides sx for fun here and there I'm assuming he'd still have to learn, My staying healthy comment was geared more to just hopping into 450sx.
Yeah i understand that but we see riders get hurt almost every race. Eli Tomac wasn't able to survive 20 minutes of A1 before his season was over. Only one of the title contenders have survived this far and that is Anderson. And keep in mind that he had a big, big crash a few weeks ago in the practice session that could've ended his season too.

Could Herlings become a very good SX rider after a few years of riding that discipline? Of course. Would he get hurt doing it? Yes. Just like everyone else(except Ryan Dungey, what a machine..).
Flatliner
3/27/2018 4:16am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i understand that but we see riders get hurt almost every race. Eli Tomac wasn't able to survive 20 minutes of A1 before his season...
Yeah i understand that but we see riders get hurt almost every race. Eli Tomac wasn't able to survive 20 minutes of A1 before his season was over. Only one of the title contenders have survived this far and that is Anderson. And keep in mind that he had a big, big crash a few weeks ago in the practice session that could've ended his season too.

Could Herlings become a very good SX rider after a few years of riding that discipline? Of course. Would he get hurt doing it? Yes. Just like everyone else(except Ryan Dungey, what a machine..).
And even Dungey got hurt. Collarbone one year.

I'll agree though, he'd be a contender.
Motofinne
3/27/2018 4:20am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i understand that but we see riders get hurt almost every race. Eli Tomac wasn't able to survive 20 minutes of A1 before his season...

Flatliner wrote:
And even Dungey got hurt. Collarbone one year.

I'll agree though, he'd be a contender.
Yeah Dungey broke his collarbone once but he only missed 2 or 3 races? Didn't he win the race after that injury?

It's crazy how good Dungey was when it came to staying healthy considering the level he was on. I think people will start to appreciate his amazing career more and more when we see how difficult it is to stay healthy in SX.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
3/27/2018 4:26am
Motofinne wrote:

You guys relieze that last year in SX Kenny was the only top guy out and then in the AMA Nationals Tomac was the only one that survived. Baggett, Anderson and Musquin all had injuries cost them a shot at the title and Dungey wasn't the same after his 16 outdoor crash plus Kennys messed with his mind too.

Tomac and Musquins injuries were made worse because they race every weekend. If it was a GP like schedule with lots off of weekends neither one would have missed a race potentially.

Racing week in and week out always makes it look worse. As bad as it's been this year all the preseason top guys are 100% healthy over 2/3rds of the way through the season and the only one out is Roczen and it has nothing to do with SX and everything to do with hating Webb.
philG
I'd rather be watching a world Championship with Roczen and Musquin in it TBH . I cant help thinking that Roczen will miss not having a big bike World Championship on his CV when he comes to hang it up.
Flatliner
Come to think of it, I cant think of any race winners, or title winners who didn't get hurt in the past 20 years. Sx really beats guys up, its literally hit everyone.
RG1
3/27/2018 4:36am
i would love to see Tomac and Andersson racing MXGP , Barcia would fit in too ... sounds more exciting as seeing Herlings racing SX with...
i would love to see Tomac and Andersson racing MXGP , Barcia would fit in too ... sounds more exciting as seeing Herlings racing SX with whoops Shocked
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm an American through and through Richard.....but God damn it , I couldn't agree more. We put to much emphasis on the stupid indoor racing...
I'm an American through and through Richard.....but God damn it , I couldn't agree more. We put to much emphasis on the stupid indoor racing , and only race outdoors......12 freakin' days a year!!

No wonder were falling behind. In another 10 years we'll have our guys battling China for 13th in the B final at MXoN's!!

Gutted!!
Outdoors has real racing. The more I watch SX, the more I think it's not actually racing. There's a bit of a tussle the first few laps to sort everyone out and then it seems to turn a little bit processional. It's obvious that everyone is pushing, but there's no margin for the guys to take risks, they can't move around the track to try and make passes. It's just boring.

Outdoors it's where it's at. The tracks are great, it's faster, the racing is so much better. It's just a shame that I can only see it going in the opposite direction as SX gets bigger and bigger
CoccoBill
3/27/2018 4:52am
CoccoBill wrote:
Take deathcross out of the equation and Herlings woud have been there already.
Maybe.
Would he? Why? What does the AMA Outdoor National series offer that the MXGP series doesn't?
Absolutely nothing today, but a few years ago maybe (let me say it again, maybe) he would have given a try.
What I was trying to underline is that what keeps the Euro guys from going oversea is deathcross, especially now that the MXGP series is finally considered the number 1 series.
If the Americans would ever consider an Outdoor only contract (which I perfectly know won't ever happen) then maybe some of our youngsters would try the American way.
What's really happening is that more American youngsters come here to grow and learn and then go back to America and kick some ass...
BobKerr
3/27/2018 5:02am
He stated in an interview a year or so ago that he has missed his window of opportunity to come to the US. He believes that if he was going to do it, then he needed to have done it earlier in his career.
Mx286
3/27/2018 5:07am
Watched him at Ironman last year and damn was he good! For the people who haven’t seen him ride, the TV doesn’t do him justice very, he’s very impressive.
Prejump
3/27/2018 5:22am
philG wrote:
Baggett would be a great shout.

Give him an off season pounding laps around the deep sand tracks of Europe, if he stayed healthy, got in his outdoor zone he would be seriously fast!

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/27/2018 5:26am
vschaik141 wrote:
weekend of the 4th and 5th of august ama motocross series has no race scheduled.
crusty_xx wrote:
If ANY US based rider does that, I'll be a fan instantly. No matter who it is and how he does :whistle: (And it matters who...
If ANY US based rider does that, I'll be a fan instantly. No matter who it is and how he does Whistling
(And it matters who has me as a fan)
DeStouwer wrote:
I doubt any AMA-rider would come over to Europe on a free weekend to race the GP of Lommel.
obviously

Post a reply to: Bring Herlings to US full time!

The Latest