Bring Herlings to US full time!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 6:24 AM

That guy is unreal, I haven't watched the full race from this weekend but after watching the highlights and seeing him go down and come from 15th to finish that close to cairoli the guy is unreal. Which everyone already knew that, its just everytime I see it I ask myself why is this guy not racing in the US. What are yalls opinions, why hasn't he came over full time yet? Is it money? I'd imagine every team out there has tried to offer him a top salary? Does he not want to come because he doesn't want to race supercross? It can't be that he is scared of the competition, he seems pretty cocky everytime he talks about racing the US guys. What is it? This guy needs to be racing in the US!

|

3/26/2018 6:28 AM

What’s the incentive to race in the U.S.? Those guys keep mopping Team USA at the MXdN.

|

3/26/2018 6:28 AM

He doesn't want to come over. He's happy with what he currently has. Also I think he said he doesn't want to leave his family and friends behind. And why would he? He earns enough money in the GPs and he already proved he can beat the US guys.

|

3/26/2018 6:30 AM

MELTON139 wrote:

That guy is unreal, I haven't watched the full race from this weekend but after watching the highlights and seeing him go down ...more

He made his decision a few years ago, he's after some major MXGP records and already has made a lot of ground on those.

I'm gonna guess based off a few numbers I heard he would've had to take a small paycut in terms of salary to come over here once his 250 career got rolling. Now that he's on 450s, it's ridiculous to move over. Not to say he couldn't do it, he's got the talent and work ethic...clearly...but at this point in his career he doesn't have much to prove and a lot more to lose trying to adapt.

|

3/26/2018 6:34 AM

Why would he want to go compete in a slower series wink He hates riding whoops so I think that is a big factor, think he has said before every time he try and hits a set of whoops he crashes. So I think he would probably not like the idea of trying to learn SX and MX only doesn't pay enough over there. Also he really likes his team, HRC offered him more money than RedBull KTM could offer and he still stayed so he must be really happy with where he is.

|

3/26/2018 6:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 6:38 AM

No!

|

3/26/2018 6:41 AM

If Vital would sponsor Herlings he'd be here in a minute but they can't show favoritism...

|

3/26/2018 6:45 AM

He's having a great battle for the championship with Cairoli. Cairoli is the only person in the world that can compete with Herlings for a MX championship. Eli can roll with him when he's on but as we've seen countless times, when Eli is off he's way off. Plus there's that thing called SX that's unappealing to most.

He's right where he needs to be.

|

3/26/2018 6:46 AM

No. I want to see Herlings in a 20 round MX series racing snowy sand tracks, dusty hard pack tracks, muddy hard pack tracks, loamy tracks.

The only way i can see Herlings in US is if he happens to get injured in the off season and can't make the first few rounds. Then he could maybe do the outdoors some year?

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

3/26/2018 6:46 AM

Does anyone know if Roczen will be racing the MXoN this year? It would be awesome to see what he could do against Herlings and AC.

|

3/26/2018 6:47 AM

He makes Dungey money if not more where his at now. Why would he leave his home, his friends and family for less money and also race that circus called supercross? He's not leaving

|

3/26/2018 6:56 AM

5 million reasons to stay in GPs.

|

3/26/2018 6:57 AM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

Does anyone know if Roczen will be racing the MXoN this year? It would be awesome to see what he could do against Herlings and ...more

He was scheduled to do the 2017 MXdN so i would guess that he will do this years race if he is healthy.

|

- KTM SX 250 2020
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

3/26/2018 7:11 AM

The GP series I just think is better now. Faster, more varied tracks and more professional presentation.

It would make no sense for him to move. There needs to be more US riders going to do the GP’s than the other way around.

|

3/26/2018 7:17 AM

I'm "Merica" all the way, but I would rather win a world championship than a national one if money is similar.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/26/2018 7:21 AM

mx317 wrote:

I'm "Merica" all the way, but I would rather win a world championship than a national one if money is similar.

His potential income in the US is still higher than GPs but he does really good in that department as it is.

|

3/26/2018 7:21 AM

Why would he want to come to the US?

|

3/26/2018 7:25 AM

After watching the MXGPs this year, I really can't blame him for staying. He's got as much competition there and I think the tracks are on average better. Many of our tracks have evolved into deeply tilled rut fests with no character.

Watching Herlings and Cairoli work the rough sections of that track in Spain was a thing of beauty.

|

3/26/2018 7:27 AM

MELTON139 wrote:

That guy is unreal, I haven't watched the full race from this weekend but after watching the highlights and seeing him go down ...more

He wants to be world fucking champion again?

|

3/26/2018 7:29 AM

As someone who has moved from Europe to the US, there are other factors to consider than just the racing. Work life balance, time off to recuperate, and friends/family play a big part in the decision, and what would he realistically gain by moving here? He's in a great spot, so there is not a lot of upside, only risk, even though I'd love to see him do a full AMA national series.

|

3/26/2018 7:29 AM

Robgvx wrote:

Is that euros or dollars rob? Hehehe

|

3/26/2018 7:33 AM

ob wrote:

That would be the real question. What would be better about the US than what he has in the GPs

|

3/26/2018 7:37 AM

Bruneval wrote:

As someone who has moved from Europe to the US, there are other factors to consider than just the racing. Work life balance, ...more

Exactly what I'm thinking, quality of life plus quality of the racing. Big factors.

|

3/26/2018 7:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 7:38 AM

ob wrote:

tkimb wrote:

That would be the real question. What would be better about the US than what he has in the GPs

Nothing that I can see.

At this point, I'd rather see Tomac and Anderson go to MXGPs.

|

3/26/2018 7:38 AM

ob wrote:

tkimb wrote:

Probably nothing in Herlings own mind.

It's well documented that he loves the set up he has now with living where he lives(close to his family) and the team he races for. HRC wrote a blank check to him but he stayed with KTM. And he has zero desire to race SX and that would remove the money part of the upside in US(there is no way that he could make more money racing 12 rounds of outdoors compared to 20 rounds of GPs?)

So what is left? The bragging rights of winning an outdoor title.

|

- KTM SX 250 2020
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

3/26/2018 7:39 AM

Robgvx wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Is that euros or dollars rob? Hehehe

Pretty similar at the moment aren’t they Bob?

|

3/26/2018 7:45 AM

ob wrote:

tkimb wrote:

PRM31 wrote:

Nothing that I can see.

At this point, I'd rather see Tomac and Anderson go to MXGPs.

Now that would be bad ass.

|

3/26/2018 8:07 AM

After the events of Ironman I don’t see many US riders supporting the campaign to bring Herlings over full time or many of them wanting to go race him in his own back yard.

|

3/26/2018 8:16 AM

As cool as it would be for us fans, why would he go over?
If he only races nationals, he will of course make a LOT less money than in Europe.
He can probably make more money if he races the whole thing (SX included). But included in that "more money" is a high injury risk, a risk of not making it (he's probably talented enough but there's still a chance that he doesn't make it in Supercross), and the move to a different continent (out of your comfort zone, away from friends and family), etc.
Would be pretty stupid in my eyes

|

3/26/2018 8:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2018 8:21 AM

It would be like having RC back. Not sure I want that! Tomac might be able to give him a run here and there but I am not so sure wink

|