Bridgestone X20

Related:
Create New Tag

8/25/2017 8:47 AM

So, pretty hard to find a decent review of this tire. Just ditched my x30 tires. Ran them last year on my 2014 TC250 and they were awesome. This year I am on a 17 FC450. They SUCKED on my 450, they provided absolutely no traction. Took them off and replaced them with the trustworthy MX3S. Looking for some insight on this X20. Fall is right around the corner and the dirt will be VERY loamy here in New England. Any review would be appreciated. Really I'm just trying to figure out how this compares to the 3S...

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."

8/25/2017 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 9:22 AM

I had an X20 front on my previous bike (KTM 250 2-stroke). Traction was good all the way from hardpack through sand. On real hard pack it sometimes give out without much warning, but that didn't bother me since it obviously wasn't developed for that kind of terrain. Bottom line, traction was not as good as the MX3S but durability was much better. I'm a sucker for premium traction though so I went back to the MX3S.

|

*Anyone but Reed or Webb Crew*

8/25/2017 11:02 AM

Love my X30s on my 450... solid intermediate tires!

I am also interested in trying the 20 up front as the track I primarily ride is a mix of clay and sand and when it dries out it can get poofy and the 30 gets really vague.

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

8/25/2017 11:14 AM

X20 rear is for really soft surface only, almost sand like or actual sand. Front is more versatile.

|

8/25/2017 3:12 PM

Sixeightone wrote:

So, pretty hard to find a decent review of this tire. Just ditched my x30 tires. Ran them last year on my 2014 TC250 and they were awesome. This year I am on a 17 FC450. They SUCKED on my 450, they provided absolutely no traction. Took them off and replaced them with the trustworthy MX3S. Looking for some insight on this X20. Fall is right around the corner and the dirt will be VERY loamy here in New England. Any review would be appreciated. Really I'm just trying to figure out how this compares to the 3S...

Man Michelin sarcross 5 soft, they shit on x20's and provide unreal grip and are surprisingly durable.

|

8/25/2017 3:20 PM

Are the x-20's the tire they replaced the 203 with? I really dig the 203 in any kind of moist dirt.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/25/2017 3:21 PM

Sixeightone wrote:

jordz wrote:

Man Michelin sarcross 5 soft, they shit on x20's and provide unreal grip and are surprisingly durable.

Jordz what Michelin matches up with INT x-30's ?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/25/2017 5:41 PM

Sixeightone wrote:

jordz wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Jordz what Michelin matches up with INT x-30's ?

Jeffro, Try the Starcross 5 medium rear and soft front.
The battlecross x30 front is mediocre, both the Starcross medium and soft front is better. The Dunlop mx32 front is great also.
For rear tire, Starcross 5 medium is hard to beat for the performance/longevity combo.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

8/25/2017 5:51 PM

tempura wrote:

The battlecross x30 front is mediocre, both the Starcross medium and soft front is better. The Dunlop mx32 front is great also.
For rear tire, Starcross 5 medium is hard to beat for the performance/longevity combo.

This.

When Bridgestone discontinued the 403/404 I went right back to the Starcross. Very predictable tire and you can find them easily now, Michelins we're so hard to find there for a few years.

I can't stand Dunlops though, they wear way too quick for my liking. With how much tires cost now I want that mf'r to last!

|

8/25/2017 5:54 PM

tempura wrote:

This.

When Bridgestone discontinued the 403/404 I went right back to the Starcross5. However, I like the intermediate front as well. Very predictable tire and you can find them easily now, Michelins we're so hard to find there for a few years.

I can't stand Dunlops though, they wear way too quick for my liking. With how much tires cost now I want that mf'r to last!

Oh, I'm on an '11 yz250.

|

8/25/2017 7:45 PM

I like the x20 but not as much as the 204 so I dropped them . Recently i was told to run 13.5 psi in my mx3s and wow a different tire. It wears equally as well as my Michelin 5s on my other set of wheels and performs better.

|

8/25/2017 8:46 PM

Running Bstone X-20 on rear of my 450. Deep loam or sand. I also loved the old 203/204 tires and the X-20 is as good or better IMHO. To me compared to Dunlop 32 (3S) the Bstone gives better straight line drive. The Dunlop had a fishtail sensation. Both excellent tires. With all the new gen tires you have to be really picky to find a "bad" one. Cheng Shin! Would like to try some Pirelli's and Michelin's.

|

8/25/2017 9:59 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

I like the x20 but not as much as the 204 so I dropped them . Recently i was told to run 13.5 psi in my mx3s and wow a different tire. It wears equally as well as my Michelin 5s on my other set of wheels and performs better.

Mx3s wears equally to Starcross 5 mediums??
I've had a totally different experience.
Mx3s is a good tire if you change it every other week.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

8/26/2017 12:37 AM

MX3S is great until the side knobs start flying off the second ride.

|