BRIAN SWINK..RIP..TRIBUTE VIDEO

Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 9:43pm
Please watch and share!
This is a tribute video to celebrate the life of the late Brian Swink. Swinkster was a two time 125 Supercross Champion and was also touted as one of the all time fastest 80cc mini cycle riders. Here you will see many riders as well as faces of the industry saying their thoughts on Brian. Lots of them personally knew him and raced against him, some of them never met him but absolutely knew about him and his status as a legend in the sport. The video is about 30 minutes long and its to celebrate his life in a positive fashion. Its dedicated to his mother, son, daughter, immediate family, his friends and of course all of his fans all over the world that loved Brian. You will be missed Swinkster, but never forgotten.

This Is For You Swinkster!

Ride In Peace 12-16-72 to 5-17-18

|
dboivin
8/21/2018 12:12pm
loved it. brings back a ton of memories.
JRT812
8/21/2018 12:28pm
Excellent video. I was bummed when I heard he passed and was bummed my last memory of him wasn’t a good one when he was on Pulp. Thanks for replacing that memory with some positivity.
twizzler
8/21/2018 4:21pm
Good memories of Swinkster back in the early-mid 80's at Baja in Michigan and LL's. I spent some time with he and his Dad at a few races back then. Both he and I were racing but in different mini classes. #257 just dominated locally and he had his trick pre-production KX80's that were so cool to see back then in small town Michigan area. He and his Dad were so much alike. I always thought it was crazy that Brian would cuss at this Dad and Brian was only like 12 years old! I thought that was so funny back then. Both of them no bullshit and didn't care what anyone thought. But they were such likable guys. Good memories, sad it turned out the way it did. RIP Swinkster.

The Shop

jeffro503
8/21/2018 4:38pm
Definitely one of my hero's growing up. He had his moment's where he was so " on ".....that nobody was going to touch that guy. Freakin' legend for sure , and he will be missed by many. Rest in Peace Brian.

And Jordan......thank you for that video! Was one of the best tribute video's I've seen.
8/21/2018 7:29pm
Always loved watching Swink ride. He truly was a badass. RIP Brian.

Nice work on the tribute Jordan. Very cool of you to do that.
H4L
8/21/2018 8:19pm
Very kool vid.

RIP Swinkster. No doubt a bad ass on a dirt bike.
wildbill
8/21/2018 9:54pm
Way cool vid. Thanks for sharing.
Steve125
Fantasy
2779th
8/22/2018 4:56am
Great tribute.
In 1994 I was racing the Ocala round of the Winter series and everyone was trying to beat a Team Green 15 year old named Kevin Windham. Swink wasn't racing but rolled in Sunday morning with his crew to watch practice..He and his friends had a Bad ass presence and I remember being intimidated just watching him walk by. Ezra Lusk was out there doing his best to keep Windham from sweeping both Pro classes on the weekend. After practice Swink and Lusk talked about a few things and next thing you know, the first moto goes off the gate and Lusk is suddenly hitting this huge quad, which was really 2 doubles, on top of the mountain. Lusk pulls out a decent lead, and continues to hand Windham some humble pie til he cases it one lap and yard sales big time down the back side of the mountain. Swink just shook his head and left.
Just a random memory, but one that stayed with me the past 24 years.
Rest in Peace Swinkster.
TXDirt
8/23/2018 10:50am
Very cool video. Thanks for sharing.
ge217
8/23/2018 7:31pm
I remember growing up watching Brian. Being from florida I was able to see him at local races. Dude was a beast. his Honda of Troy bikes and Moto XXX Kawis were sick.
8/24/2018 11:51am
JRT812 wrote:
Excellent video. I was bummed when I heard he passed and was bummed my last memory of him wasn’t a good one when he was on...
Excellent video. I was bummed when I heard he passed and was bummed my last memory of him wasn’t a good one when he was on Pulp. Thanks for replacing that memory with some positivity.
Thank you! Yes, the time(s) he was on Pulp, simply were not a good representation of himself and the person whom he really was. He obviously was not having a sober conversation unfortunately. The video celebrates the real Swink and what so many riders and industry folk thought of him. Glad to replace the memories with positive ones
slipdog
8/24/2018 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2018 2:32pm
Great video, Jordan!

Takes a good friend to put something like that together for someone. RIP Swinkster!
8/24/2018 2:34pm
Was a badass video of a badass rider. Great work Jordan, the video was fuckin awesome!
starchild
8/24/2018 4:40pm
Great tribute. Jeremy Albrecht absolutely nailed it with his words. Go back and watch it and listen. Tell those who are important to you what you think of them and reach out to them more often. If only he could have seen and heard the good and positive things so many people had to say and the impact he had on them. RIP Swinkster.
Brosho
8/24/2018 9:25pm
WTH, How did I miss the passing of Brian?
G-man
8/24/2018 9:53pm
Very nice tribute, thanks for sharing.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
8/24/2018 10:40pm
So glad I clicked on the link. Very nice tribute.......thanks for putting that together
8/25/2018 11:09am
twizzler wrote:
Good memories of Swinkster back in the early-mid 80's at Baja in Michigan and LL's. I spent some time with he and his Dad at a...
Good memories of Swinkster back in the early-mid 80's at Baja in Michigan and LL's. I spent some time with he and his Dad at a few races back then. Both he and I were racing but in different mini classes. #257 just dominated locally and he had his trick pre-production KX80's that were so cool to see back then in small town Michigan area. He and his Dad were so much alike. I always thought it was crazy that Brian would cuss at this Dad and Brian was only like 12 years old! I thought that was so funny back then. Both of them no bullshit and didn't care what anyone thought. But they were such likable guys. Good memories, sad it turned out the way it did. RIP Swinkster.
Great memory shared there...it's rad that they were so alike in that manner. Brian certainly didnt give a shit what anyone thought of him. Was a straight up warrior on a dirt bike!
8/26/2018 4:34pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Definitely one of my hero's growing up. He had his moment's where he was so " on ".....that nobody was going to touch that guy. Freakin'...
Definitely one of my hero's growing up. He had his moment's where he was so " on ".....that nobody was going to touch that guy. Freakin' legend for sure , and he will be missed by many. Rest in Peace Brian.

And Jordan......thank you for that video! Was one of the best tribute video's I've seen.
Had so many moments when was "on" ...Thank you for watching. Glad you enjoyed it. Im honored to have put this together for him...cheers!
8/27/2018 5:10pm
Steve125 wrote:
Great tribute. In 1994 I was racing the Ocala round of the Winter series and everyone was trying to beat a Team Green 15 year old...
Great tribute.
In 1994 I was racing the Ocala round of the Winter series and everyone was trying to beat a Team Green 15 year old named Kevin Windham. Swink wasn't racing but rolled in Sunday morning with his crew to watch practice..He and his friends had a Bad ass presence and I remember being intimidated just watching him walk by. Ezra Lusk was out there doing his best to keep Windham from sweeping both Pro classes on the weekend. After practice Swink and Lusk talked about a few things and next thing you know, the first moto goes off the gate and Lusk is suddenly hitting this huge quad, which was really 2 doubles, on top of the mountain. Lusk pulls out a decent lead, and continues to hand Windham some humble pie til he cases it one lap and yard sales big time down the back side of the mountain. Swink just shook his head and left.
Just a random memory, but one that stayed with me the past 24 years.
Rest in Peace Swinkster.
Awesome memory!
DannoJ919
8/28/2018 8:42am
Please watch and share! This is a tribute video to celebrate the life of the late Brian Swink. Swinkster was a two time 125 Supercross Champion...
Please watch and share!
This is a tribute video to celebrate the life of the late Brian Swink. Swinkster was a two time 125 Supercross Champion and was also touted as one of the all time fastest 80cc mini cycle riders. Here you will see many riders as well as faces of the industry saying their thoughts on Brian. Lots of them personally knew him and raced against him, some of them never met him but absolutely knew about him and his status as a legend in the sport. The video is about 30 minutes long and its to celebrate his life in a positive fashion. Its dedicated to his mother, son, daughter, immediate family, his friends and of course all of his fans all over the world that loved Brian. You will be missed Swinkster, but never forgotten.

So many fun memories with Brian, Living 20 minutes from him growing up I was lucky enough to ride with him a lot. Especially at the end of the Am days and into pro stuff. He would blow your mind with what he would pull off play riding and then look at you and say "your turn" In 91 he got 4th at the Hangtown national in the 125 class and I pulled off a 4th in 250 that day. Knowing that was a career moment for me, Brain said his 4th wasn't shit compared to my 4th. Knowing he should have won that day. 2 weeks later at the St. Pete SX I broke my wrist. Brian's first comment to me after that was "Well, you fucked up your good outdoor season dumbass" lol Brian's love.

Gonna be missed for sure.
8/31/2018 6:33pm
Please watch and share! This is a tribute video to celebrate the life of the late Brian Swink. Swinkster was a two time 125 Supercross Champion...
Please watch and share!

DannoJ919 wrote:
So many fun memories with Brian, Living 20 minutes from him growing up I was lucky enough to ride with him a lot. Especially at the...
So many fun memories with Brian, Living 20 minutes from him growing up I was lucky enough to ride with him a lot. Especially at the end of the Am days and into pro stuff. He would blow your mind with what he would pull off play riding and then look at you and say "your turn" In 91 he got 4th at the Hangtown national in the 125 class and I pulled off a 4th in 250 that day. Knowing that was a career moment for me, Brain said his 4th wasn't shit compared to my 4th. Knowing he should have won that day. 2 weeks later at the St. Pete SX I broke my wrist. Brian's first comment to me after that was "Well, you fucked up your good outdoor season dumbass" lol Brian's love.

Gonna be missed for sure.
Cool story...thanks for sharing!

Post a reply to: BRIAN SWINK..RIP..TRIBUTE VIDEO

The Latest