Brian Moreau..

11/29/2020 2:22am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 2:24am

I found this photo, is recent, and seems to be in France.

He’s using an electric wheelchair.
All my bests wishes for Moreau.

8tensolutions
11/29/2020 7:37am
Have you heard of disability? It is probably the most widely abused government benefit, but in this case would be legit.
pdub187 wrote:
What does it matter if a few deadshits try to scam the system though? It seems perverse to not properly fund programs and actually give help...
What does it matter if a few deadshits try to scam the system though? It seems perverse to not properly fund programs and actually give help to those who need it just because someone might get something they aren't supposed to.
I didn't say the scams were the problem, I was saying there was already a government funded program to help James since many on this thread are crying for government support.
MXMattii
11/29/2020 11:43am
Have you heard of disability? It is probably the most widely abused government benefit, but in this case would be legit.
pdub187 wrote:
What does it matter if a few deadshits try to scam the system though? It seems perverse to not properly fund programs and actually give help...
What does it matter if a few deadshits try to scam the system though? It seems perverse to not properly fund programs and actually give help to those who need it just because someone might get something they aren't supposed to.
I didn't say the scams were the problem, I was saying there was already a government funded program to help James since many on this thread...
I didn't say the scams were the problem, I was saying there was already a government funded program to help James since many on this thread are crying for government support.
I dunno how it works in America, so I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant. But people who are disabled in my country for example are getting, beside a basic wage also medication against the lowest prices or even for free and are able to get free help from home caretakers who visit you twice a day. Side effect of this all is that all working people pay 60% tax on income and 21% on goods.
11/29/2020 11:50am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 11:52am
pdub187 wrote:
I didn't say the scams were the problem, I was saying there was already a government funded program to help James since many on this thread...
MXMattii wrote:
I dunno how it works in America, so I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant. But people who are disabled in my country for example are getting...
I dunno how it works in America, so I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant. But people who are disabled in my country for example are getting, beside a basic wage also medication against the lowest prices or even for free and are able to get free help from home caretakers who visit you twice a day. Side effect of this all is that all working people pay 60% tax on income and 21% on goods.
I would gladly pay more in taxes so that we could have universal health care, and a system like yours that helps its disabled citizens, but my views are in the minority. I will say 60% tax on income seems very high though.

America by and large is driven by capitalism and consumerism. I just saw a rental, one bedroom, and one bath for 1500.00 a month, which is probably cheap by comparison to other areas. Too many people got their hand in the cookie jar, and are not interested in paying more in taxes.

The Shop

MXMattii
11/29/2020 12:06pm
I would gladly pay more in taxes so that we could have universal health care, and a system like yours that helps its disabled citizens, but...
I would gladly pay more in taxes so that we could have universal health care, and a system like yours that helps its disabled citizens, but my views are in the minority. I will say 60% tax on income seems very high though.

America by and large is driven by capitalism and consumerism. I just saw a rental, one bedroom, and one bath for 1500.00 a month, which is probably cheap by comparison to other areas. Too many people got their hand in the cookie jar, and are not interested in paying more in taxes.
Yeah 60% tax on income is indeed very high and almost the highest in the world, so it can be done cheaper. The only problem with Belgium is that some systems inside the government are very big and costly. We've also 7 governments because every region has his own government, every official langue has his government and Belgium as his own has a government and that on his own is also very costly. So it can be done cheaper, because also here are too many people with their hand in the cookie jar, but we're paying so much that there is enough left over to pay the universal health care, unemployment benefits, ...

yz133rider
11/29/2020 12:14pm
MXMattii wrote:
I dunno how it works in America, so I'm sorry if this sounds ignorant. But people who are disabled in my country for example are getting...
I would gladly pay more in taxes so that we could have universal health care, and a system like yours that helps its disabled citizens, but...

I feel like we pay more than enough in taxes, when you factor in income tax, sales tax, capital gains tax, property tax etc etc,

And even with all of that so many roads are shit, schools cry they are underfunded and people still want more more more.

So no thanks, figure out how to be more efficient with what is already being taken, not giving anymore and hear how they still don’t have enough.
Zycki11
11/29/2020 12:24pm
MXMattii wrote:

yz133rider wrote:
I feel like we pay more than enough in taxes, when you factor in income tax, sales tax, capital gains tax, property tax etc etc, And...
I feel like we pay more than enough in taxes, when you factor in income tax, sales tax, capital gains tax, property tax etc etc,

And even with all of that so many roads are shit, schools cry they are underfunded and people still want more more more.

So no thanks, figure out how to be more efficient with what is already being taken, not giving anymore and hear how they still don’t have enough.
Agreed, your taxed when you make money, your taxed when you purchase anything, your social security is taxed, your 401k is taxed, your taxed if you try to use the money you saved and pull it, your taxed to drive on certain roads, etc etc. for the those wanting more government intervention. Yikes 😳, how about the government start trying to be more efficient. Instead of spending $5 billion for a website etc. it’s a joke. They get personalized health care forever.
Zycki11
11/29/2020 12:28pm
Getting back on track, I was injured in March of this year. Have been having a lovely time after the initial SCI. My wheelchair guy measured me incorrectly and gave me a cushion that induced three large sores. Have had a wound vacuum going on 6 months now. Caught MRSA from a operation that had bone growing from my pelvis to my hip welding them together(caused by original impact). Certainly have been placed through the ringer.

With that said it is not a pity party, you keep pushing forward. Accept the government disability check and find something that will really allow you to dive into a project and live life moving forward.
11/29/2020 12:59pm
Tahts healthcare in America. Insurance pays for 100 days, can’t pay the $686 a day to stay in the facility? Sell your house, and everything else in your name. Sign over all of your finances to us, and we’ll give you $60 a month in return.

Post a reply to: Brian Moreau..

The Latest