Brian Hsu interview - still wants US supercross chance!

mccread
Brian Hsu won the opening round of the UK AX series and finished second on night two, doing it all on a 250f against the 450 machines in Belfast. Hsu was seriously impressive in terms of both speed and technique.

Andy McKinstry spoke to the German to discover he is way more into indoor racing than motocross right now and, despite two years of injury as well as a deal falling through with JGR a couple of years ago, he still has his sights set on racing US supercross.

Brian Hsu interview
|
tek14
1/21/2020 11:54am
He been seriously fast at ADAC rounds at Germany this winter. He could do good at US if gets decent bike and team.
hamncheeze
1/21/2020 4:32pm
No way no more foreigners they are all dirty riders who only take out the American heroes.

zehn
1/21/2020 4:34pm
Always kind of wondered what happened to him. Was hearing a lot about him several years ago and then he just disappeared
kpersonius264
Fantasy
3584th
1/21/2020 4:36pm
hamncheeze wrote:
No way no more foreigners they are all dirty riders who only take out the American heroes.

But you’re Canadian bro😂

The Shop

hamncheeze
1/21/2020 5:05pm
hamncheeze wrote:

But you’re Canadian bro😂
I figured most of the outraged people from Ferrandis-gate don't even notice what country anyone is from!

To go back onto the topic though, it would be cool if Brian Hsu got a chance in American SX. Any time I've seen him in streamed coverage of an off-season race it seems like he has pretty good skill in SX.
GODZILLA
1/22/2020 2:40am
mccread wrote:
Brian Hsu won the opening round of the UK AX series and finished second on night two, doing it all on a 250f against the 450...
Brian Hsu won the opening round of the UK AX series and finished second on night two, doing it all on a 250f against the 450 machines in Belfast. Hsu was seriously impressive in terms of both speed and technique.

Andy McKinstry spoke to the German to discover he is way more into indoor racing than motocross right now and, despite two years of injury as well as a deal falling through with JGR a couple of years ago, he still has his sights set on racing US supercross.

Brian Hsu interview
What an amazing surprise.
Laughing
MXMattii
1/22/2020 4:33pm
If their would be a Honda team in Europe that would join forces with ML512 his team, then Brian could race best of both worlds. He could race SX Tour combined with some other Euro SX races and then racing on the West Coast for ML512. I think that the kid can finish in the top 5 indoors and outdoors in America he should be able to go top ten, but I don't know if he wants to race outdoors. Otherwise that would be also a option: full time racing in the USA. He's a former Junior World Champion and still only 22 years old.
Motofinne
1/23/2020 12:30am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 12:32am
MXMattii wrote:
If their would be a Honda team in Europe that would join forces with ML512 his team, then Brian could race best of both worlds. He...
If their would be a Honda team in Europe that would join forces with ML512 his team, then Brian could race best of both worlds. He could race SX Tour combined with some other Euro SX races and then racing on the West Coast for ML512. I think that the kid can finish in the top 5 indoors and outdoors in America he should be able to go top ten, but I don't know if he wants to race outdoors. Otherwise that would be also a option: full time racing in the USA. He's a former Junior World Champion and still only 22 years old.
I'm sorry but you're high, drunk or a relative to Hsu if you think he can be a top 5 rider in USA.

The ship has sailed for Hsu. His last chance is to gather funds and set up a 250 regional SX effort for 2021 (he should've done it this year) and hope that he is good enough to land a ride like Gas Monkey Husky or Club MX Yamaha.
akmx17
1/23/2020 2:48am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 2:50am
He’s awesome but he should make his own chance

Look at Luke Clout. If you won’t invest In yourself and take the chance why should anyone else. (Unless you’re like winning speed fast)

philG
1/23/2020 8:17am
He was the next big thing that missed the boat.. wasnt helped by injuries, but he was Factory Suzuki at one point. Interesting to see that he doesnt speak fluent German either, which might not have helped. If he wants to be in the US he needs to rock up and show folk what he can do. Will say that neither UK or ADAC SX2 is deep , he should be winning.
1/23/2020 8:35am
akmx17 wrote:
He’s awesome but he should make his own chance Look at Luke Clout. If you won’t invest In yourself and take the chance why should anyone...

Look at Luke Clout. If you won’t invest In yourself and take the chance why should anyone else. (Unless you’re like winning speed fast)

Hey just out of curiosity why can’t he speak fluent german?

He impressed me in the Geneva supercross as ide never heard of him. He was not as fast as the Brown family name dude who i think is scoring top tens in the west series but he was fast for sure.

Come to think of it...the euro scene mystifies me a bit. Killian Auberson finished 9th last weekend i think, but he was nothing special at the Geneva supercross. He was lapped by Brown. Weird...and i don’t see all the frech guys who are faster than him in the us right now. But as a Swissy im happy
DonM
1/23/2020 10:13am
akmx17 wrote:
He’s awesome but he should make his own chance Look at Luke Clout. If you won’t invest In yourself and take the chance why should anyone...

Hey just out of curiosity why can’t he speak fluent german? He impressed me in the Geneva supercross as ide never heard of him. He was...

He impressed me in the Geneva supercross as ide never heard of him. He was not as fast as the Brown family name dude who i think is scoring top tens in the west series but he was fast for sure.

Come to think of it...the euro scene mystifies me a bit. Killian Auberson finished 9th last weekend i think, but he was nothing special at the Geneva supercross. He was lapped by Brown. Weird...and i don’t see all the frech guys who are faster than him in the us right now. But as a Swissy im happy
Brown? who's Brown?.....It was Joey Crown who will probably race east SX...
Solli2208
1/23/2020 12:02pm
akmx17 wrote:

Hey just out of curiosity why can’t he speak fluent german? He impressed me in the Geneva supercross as ide never heard of him. He was...

Brian Hsu is Born in Freiburg, Germany. His Mom is Taiwanese, his Dad is Hungarian, they Live in Cremona, Italy. I think he speaks 6-7 Languages, a few of them fluent like Taiwanese, Hungarian, Italian and of course English.

Brian Hsu was once one of the Biggest German Talents, and i think he still is one of the best German Riders we have. At his Age, he has a pretty long injury list. The past couple years he didn't had the chance to show his full potential, that's why a lot of people forgot about him or didn't even know him.

I hope he get's the chance to go to the US and Race Supercross for a living, he definitely has the Talent to do so, but the Time is ticking.
xrmark
1/23/2020 12:33pm
He was on factory suzuki. Did nothing. It’s not like he’s brand new he’s been around awhile. I think a trip to the states now would be a huge waste of money. Definitely not a top 5 guy here, not even top 10
Spudnut
1/23/2020 12:46pm
hamncheeze wrote:

But you’re Canadian bro😂
They get a pass, the Canadians aren’t fast enough to clean out Americans
GODZILLA
1/23/2020 12:57pm
xrmark wrote:
He was on factory suzuki. Did nothing. It’s not like he’s brand new he’s been around awhile. I think a trip to the states now would...
He was on factory suzuki. Did nothing. It’s not like he’s brand new he’s been around awhile. I think a trip to the states now would be a huge waste of money. Definitely not a top 5 guy here, not even top 10
Fastest right now than he ever was.
And he's allowed to have dreams.
Wink
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
1/23/2020 2:03pm
akmx17 wrote:

Luke Clout is riding for the Aussie factory Honda team. The team owner took the chance and took Clout and Oldenberg over there for a run at Supercross. Luke's going really well but he's hardly put it all on the line and invested his life savings i would guess.
MXMattii
1/23/2020 3:00pm
MXMattii wrote:
If their would be a Honda team in Europe that would join forces with ML512 his team, then Brian could race best of both worlds. He...
Motofinne wrote:
I'm sorry but you're high, drunk or a relative to Hsu if you think he can be a top 5 rider in USA. The ship has...
I'm sorry but you're high, drunk or a relative to Hsu if you think he can be a top 5 rider in USA.

The ship has sailed for Hsu. His last chance is to gather funds and set up a 250 regional SX effort for 2021 (he should've done it this year) and hope that he is good enough to land a ride like Gas Monkey Husky or Club MX Yamaha.
Noticing that Killian Auberson can finish 9th in the 250 West class. Noticing that Brian Hsu is younger then Auberson, always showed more potential then Auberson and showed past European SX season that he can be equally as fast and sometimes even faster then: Jace Owen, Thomas Do, Yannis Irsuti, Joey Crown, ...
RG1
1/31/2020 4:08pm
I hope he finds a way to get over to the US and show what he can do over there. He’s been injured a lot and his appearances have been few and far between in recent years, but everytime I’ve seen him ride in person I’ve been mightily impressed. I remember watching him at Valkenswaard a few years ago and him being the fastest guy on the track out of nowhere he has serious talent. He dominated the 3rd round of the UK Arenacross series tonight ahead of guys like Ramette, Soubeyras, Izoird and Pellegrini who have all been more than respectable in the states. Yes he’s had a very strange and underwhelming career so far, but I don’t agree with those who say that he’s not capable of being a Top 10 guy in the 250 class in the USA
mxjon454
1/31/2020 4:30pm
Is Blose going to miss the East coast series because of his crash in Glendale? If so does ML512 get a fill in rider?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/31/2020 5:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2020 5:06pm
MXMattii wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
I'm sorry but you're high, drunk or a relative to Hsu if you think he can be a top 5 rider in USA. The ship has...

He's only 21 years old... is Hartranft having his last chance as well right now? because he's the same age. Drake is a rookie in SX but he's only less than a year younger than Hsu.

Sure, his career hasn't gone the way we all thought it would, but he still has plenty of time left. His riding in the Euro SX season has been incredible. He now won 2/3 superfinals in the UK AX series on a 250 against guys like Soubeyras, Ramette and Dan Reardon all on 450s.

Not sure about a top 5 in US SX but definitely regular top 10s with the way he has been riding lately. And he's surely not at 100% of his potential yet
ML512
Fantasy
54th
1/31/2020 5:26pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Is Blose going to miss the East coast series because of his crash in Glendale? If so does ML512 get a fill in rider?
I have a fill-in lined up
Motofinne
1/31/2020 10:47pm
MXMattii wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
He's only 21 years old... is Hartranft having his last chance as well right now? because he's the same age. Drake is a rookie in SX...
He's only 21 years old... is Hartranft having his last chance as well right now? because he's the same age. Drake is a rookie in SX but he's only less than a year younger than Hsu.

Sure, his career hasn't gone the way we all thought it would, but he still has plenty of time left. His riding in the Euro SX season has been incredible. He now won 2/3 superfinals in the UK AX series on a 250 against guys like Soubeyras, Ramette and Dan Reardon all on 450s.

Not sure about a top 5 in US SX but definitely regular top 10s with the way he has been riding lately. And he's surely not at 100% of his potential yet
True, it might be too harsh to say that the ship has sailed but it's damn close to be that way.

Hsu is really, really talented but he has the problem that many other talented riders have and that is a constant injury cycle that has kept him from realizing his potential.

His GP career seems to be over? I haven't read anything about a possible ride for 2020? Then there is US 250 SX left which he should absolutely do everything in his power to race in. No disrespect to the names above and European SX/AX racing but US SX is where its at and the racing is way, way different. But racing in European races wont take him far, he has to go for it in USA asap.
Question
1/31/2020 11:53pm
Motofinne wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
He's only 21 years old... is Hartranft having his last chance as well right now? because he's the same age. Drake is a rookie in SX...

Motofinne wrote:
True, it might be too harsh to say that the ship has sailed but it's damn close to be that way. Hsu is really, really talented...
True, it might be too harsh to say that the ship has sailed but it's damn close to be that way.

Hsu is really, really talented but he has the problem that many other talented riders have and that is a constant injury cycle that has kept him from realizing his potential.

His GP career seems to be over? I haven't read anything about a possible ride for 2020? Then there is US 250 SX left which he should absolutely do everything in his power to race in. No disrespect to the names above and European SX/AX racing but US SX is where its at and the racing is way, way different. But racing in European races wont take him far, he has to go for it in USA asap.

I agree. I would not be surprised by top 10s but he has to prove himself in the US.

It is always possible ;

+ with his current sponsors (i.e. free fast bike in the US)
+ manufacturer purse money
+ feld bonuses
+ exchanging a room against a room with a US rider that comes to race in europe during the winter

= enough not to make a living but at least to compete without breaking the bank. Then if he scores a top 5 or top 7 a team will probably notice it.
Bearuno
2/1/2020 12:33am
Question wrote:
I agree. I would not be surprised by top 10s but he has to prove himself in the US. It is always possible ; + with...

I agree. I would not be surprised by top 10s but he has to prove himself in the US.

It is always possible ;

+ with his current sponsors (i.e. free fast bike in the US)
+ manufacturer purse money
+ feld bonuses
+ exchanging a room against a room with a US rider that comes to race in europe during the winter

= enough not to make a living but at least to compete without breaking the bank. Then if he scores a top 5 or top 7 a team will probably notice it.
Isn't it Feld Purse Money and Manufacturer Bonuses? Wink

Young Mr Hsu is a very accomplished Violin player, and perhaps a Violin Maker / in training for it?

So, he may have a bit more to fall back on - in terms of a career outside of the MC Industry - than the majority of Racers.

I'd like to see him get a good Ride / Team, wherever it may be.

He's a Real talent, still young (despite seeming to be around forever, he's younger than AC#9, and AC took a loooong time to get his first adult Championship, largely due to injury) , but needs the Injury Monkey off his back.

And that bastard of a thing, can be damned near impossible to dislodge.

Post a reply to: Brian Hsu interview - still wants US supercross chance!

The Latest