Bremen MX Question

motoman998
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2021 11:51am
Vurbmoto posted their "Welcome Back" video on the overgrown start line of Bremen MX in Georgia. Last time I raced there was 2009 or 10, and that weekend they were advertising a new track (Kings ranch or something like that).

Just curious if anyone has any info on what happened to it. Rumors are a local school district that was leasing it to them took it back. Would be a big help to know which school district that is if that's true. Thanks!
|
Nighttrain
6/13/2020 8:36pm
I rode there a couple of times with my kids when they were young. Before they were born I did a few MTB races there. Bremen was infamous amongst the ATL MTB community.

There was always carnage at the start which was on a hard pack red clay MX track that funneled into a single track, tight woods trail loop. Towards the end of the woods section there was a single prop plane that looked to have crashed into the trees with no survivors. Man, those were fun races.

On one of the DMXS podcasts he said his Dad, who was a principal at a local school, sold it or released it back to a school system, presumably Bremen City Schools.
level
6/13/2020 9:05pm
That was my home track and raced and rode all the time. I haven’t ridden in about 10 years but yeah it’s gone and supposedly was supposed to move to kings ranch but don’t think that ever happened.
level
6/13/2020 9:12pm
I think this is the Bremen track now you are referring too.

6/15/2020 5:26pm
level wrote:
I think this is the Bremen track now you are referring too. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/06/13/432428/s1200_919F22F4_8092_4ACA_B73D_0A71D2F4E5CC.jpg[/img]
I think this is the Bremen track now you are referring too.

got a link to that video? used to ride/race bremen a bunch

The Shop

kripple428
6/15/2020 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2020 8:05pm
I did a vintage race at kings ranch one time and i think it was the only race they ever had there. The track was nowhere near the quality of Bremen and you damn near had to have a tractor to get in and out of the place. With that being said Rome wasn’t built in a day and I think it could’ve been turned into something good.
JohnnyD13
6/16/2020 10:29am
Remember the Thursday night practices? There was some good riders showing up to those. Good times
CG118
6/16/2020 10:58am
I miss Bremen. I miss King. You Kelly boys had an awesome Dad.

I rode the SEVMX race at Kings Ranch too. They mowed the tall grass and basically made it a southern Unadilla.
6/16/2020 12:56pm
I shot a ton of really cool video of the track when we were there shooting the vurbmoto launch video. Once I out of this SLC groundhog's day marathon, I plan on putting together a quick edit that will be very nostalgic for many of you Bremen fans like me. Spent many, many Thursday and Saturday nights there myself growing up.

Obviously the track is still there, and the school purchased about half the land the track used to sit on. The Kelly family stills owns part of the land, specifically the area the SX portion sits on.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said we didn't have some ideas brewing.
motoman998
6/16/2020 1:01pm
I shot a ton of really cool video of the track when we were there shooting the vurbmoto launch video. Once I out of this SLC...
I shot a ton of really cool video of the track when we were there shooting the vurbmoto launch video. Once I out of this SLC groundhog's day marathon, I plan on putting together a quick edit that will be very nostalgic for many of you Bremen fans like me. Spent many, many Thursday and Saturday nights there myself growing up.

Obviously the track is still there, and the school purchased about half the land the track used to sit on. The Kelly family stills owns part of the land, specifically the area the SX portion sits on.

I'll be honest, the reason for looking into what happened to it was motivated by some personal want to rent/purchase some land there. There aren't many solid supercross tracks near that area. You have to go down to GPF/MTF or Club MX, SOB, pretty much nothing in driving distance of AL/TN.

If you need a guy to help, or anything to get some sort of supercross track in there, I'm always here.
6/7/2021 9:30am
Just saw this. We raced SEVMX vintage / Evo for over 10 years at Bremen. King was the salt of the earth and lived the sport. Many nights shooting pool and having a beer in his garage by the track. The Kelly family and racing experiences with the laid back SEVMX racers, Bremen, and King Kelly are those remarkable life experiences you look back on fondly, and never forget. RiP
hbdesigns913
6/7/2021 11:28am
I loved that place. Thursday night practice was the best. Rode and raced there from 1998- 2014

HD1200
9/14/2021 8:58am
I shot a ton of really cool video of the track when we were there shooting the vurbmoto launch video. Once I out of this SLC...

Did you ever get that edit put together?
mx577
9/14/2021 11:06am
I would love to know if it could be bought or what the deal is. That was a great spot and great location.
9/14/2021 11:51am
mx577 wrote:
I would love to know if it could be bought or what the deal is. That was a great spot and great location.
Local school system bought it. Apparently multiple people have tried to buy it back to run moto again, school system isn't interested in selling.
mx577
9/14/2021 1:11pm
THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE APPRECIATE IT

Post a reply to: Bremen MX Question

The Latest