Breaking News: 2017 MXGP of USA Changes Venues

Related:
Create New Tag

7/19/2017 3:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 3:41 AM

Look at all that natural terrain showcasing what Moto is all about.. flat.. flat.. flat...

Bummed for the people who already made travel plans.

|

7/19/2017 3:37 AM

ehr400 wrote:

And GP fanboys wonder why we laugh at the promoters of their series. What fucking joke. This is supposed to be the top tier of ...more

Really dude? You're going to blame this on MXGP?

Yes, much ty

|

7/19/2017 3:39 AM

I was really looking forward to Gatorback. I'm concerned about the spectating at WW, but glad they are getting the opportunity to hold a big event like this.

|

7/19/2017 3:41 AM

ehr400 wrote:

And GP fanboys wonder why we laugh at the promoters of their series. What fucking joke. This is supposed to be the top tier of ...more

Harry Backmon wrote:

Yes, much ty

Re-read, the promoters, Luongo and crew. I realize DC is falling on the sword for YS but lets face it, every year there are multiple venue changes or TBD's on their schedule. Cmon man.

|

7/19/2017 3:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 3:45 AM

ehr400 wrote:

I don't really think this was YS or MXGP's fault.

|

7/19/2017 3:43 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

Yes, much ty

ehr400 wrote:

Re-read, the promoters, Luongo and crew. I realize DC is falling on the sword for YS but lets face it, every year there are ...more

ehr400, it's "C'mon Backmon*"

tongue

|

7/19/2017 3:44 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Harry Backmon wrote:

Yes, much ty

ehr400 wrote:

Re-read, the promoters, Luongo and crew. I realize DC is falling on the sword for YS but lets face it, every year there are ...more

Also I don't want to hear a bunch of noise about whether this is a proper track for the GP's or not. They already race at some really less than traditional venues.

|

7/19/2017 3:45 AM

Harry Backmon wrote:

Yes, much ty

ehr400 wrote:

Casting wrote:

tongue

He does have a good point, ehrbro. smile

|

7/19/2017 3:46 AM

ehr400 wrote:

RG1 wrote:

Who is paying the bill and who's series is it? I believe they had alot more say then people think. But i am sure for 2018 there wont be any venue changes per business as usual....dizzy

|

7/19/2017 3:47 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Casting wrote:

tongue

Harry Backmon wrote:

He does have a good point, ehrbro. smile

Touche'

|

7/19/2017 3:48 AM

Whats the over/ under on the MXDN NOT happening in the USA next year, or for the next 3-5+ years?

|

7/19/2017 3:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 3:58 AM

ehr400 wrote:

RG1 wrote:

ehr400 wrote:

Who is paying the bill and who's series is it? I believe they had alot more say then people think. But i am sure for 2018 ...more

I know YS ain't paying the bill grin If the promoter says they can run the USGP at Gatorback and everything checks out okay, then a couple of months later the promoter has a disagreement with the track owners, I don't really see what you can do. You just have to move it as close as possible and get on with it.

|

7/19/2017 3:56 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Whats the over/ under on the MXDN NOT happening in the USA next year, or for the next 3-5+ years?

If that gets f'd up and the rumor doesn't come true about Red Bud I will completely lose interest in that race. I'm close as it is.

|

7/19/2017 3:59 AM

ohfuckyea

|

7/19/2017 4:02 AM

RG1 wrote:

ehr400 wrote:

Who is paying the bill and who's series is it? I believe they had alot more say then people think. But i am sure for 2018 ...more

RG1 wrote:

I know YS ain't paying the bill grin If the promoter says they can run the USGP at Gatorback and everything checks out okay, then ...more

Wait, you think YS isnt floating the money for this race for their series? No way DC is paying the for all of it so Luongo can come in and put his name on it. He is merely the minority partner in this thing. Gatorback probably wanted more money, YS balked, DC said since you guys never change venues in a season there is this cool track called WW that could work. Now we argue about it on vital for the next week. tongue

|

7/19/2017 4:07 AM

I wonder why Florida Tracks and Trail isn't in the running for every Pro race. Man they spent $millions building that place.

Also is that the height of hurricane season?

|

7/19/2017 4:09 AM

Squitlege wrote:

ohfuckyea

Haha! Can you believe it? Cairoli, Tomac, Herlings, Webb, Febrve, Forkner, Gasjer and hopefully S. Simpson all down the street from the house! Yeehaw!!!!

|

7/19/2017 4:12 AM

Squitlege wrote:

ohfuckyea

Harry Backmon wrote:

Haha! Can you believe it? Cairoli, Tomac, Herlings, Webb, Febrve, Forkner, Gasjer and hopefully S. Simpson all down the street ...more

Now i'm jealous!

|

7/19/2017 4:13 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Wait, you think YS isnt floating the money for this race for their series? No way DC is paying the for all of it so Luongo can ...more

I don't know, that's not how GP's usually work, but since it's the USGP and Luongo is Keen to have a race there, maybe he is. I guess we'll find out more in the coming weeks. It's not that I don't agree with you about GP's changing venues, I have criticised them in the past for that exact thing, I just wasn't sure what the deal was in this case

|

7/19/2017 4:14 AM

Ready for the MXSports-YS feud to start again?

|

7/19/2017 4:17 AM

Harry Backmon wrote:

Haha! Can you believe it? Cairoli, Tomac, Herlings, Webb, Febrve, Forkner, Gasjer and hopefully S. Simpson all down the street ...more

Mannn... if this is really gonna happen, it'll be a helluva time. Gatorback woulda been sweet, wont say I'm not a lil bummed... but we both know WW is a darn good venue. All these flat track franky's will see. Good move DC, very good move

|

7/19/2017 4:18 AM

Squitlege wrote:

ohfuckyea

Harry Backmon wrote:

Squitlege wrote:

Mannn... if this is really gonna happen, it'll be a helluva time. Gatorback woulda been sweet, wont say I'm not a lil ...more

That's right, Squitbro! Think positive!

|

7/19/2017 4:20 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

I wonder why Florida Tracks and Trail isn't in the running for every Pro race. Man they spent $millions building that place.

...more

Junior spent millions building WW. It is hurricane season, but that's the least of my concerns.

|

7/19/2017 4:22 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

...more

No it's the height of keg season. Welcome to FL.

|

7/19/2017 4:24 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

...more

Squitlege wrote:

Bwahahahaha!

|

7/19/2017 4:24 AM

It sure seems like this would come up in the discussions about the event way before now.

"So Mr unlimited sports person, do you have a lease that runs through the date of this event?"

|

7/19/2017 4:37 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

...more

Squitlege wrote:

I'm already loading my cooler with Busch in preparation.

|

7/19/2017 4:39 AM

Something else to think about. Perhaps Unlimited sports figured out that a US MXGP is a losing proposition for a track promotor and used the opportunity of negotiating a new lease to get out of it. Their cash cow is mini o's, so you can bet they will negotiate seriously and come to an agreement with the land owners before then.

|

7/19/2017 4:50 AM

You guys have two pages of momentum here, but you should peek here to get the back story.

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Why-the-USGP-Moved-from-Gatorback-to-WW-Ranch,1323156

|

7/19/2017 5:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/19/2017 6:18 AM

Kawasaki-rider wrote:

A mxgp on a moto-supercross track?

I call bs.

JoJmoto wrote:

What I find funny about people from Euro complaining about jump filled tracks is, wtf does it matter? As my kid was coming up, ...more

You just answered your own question;

'Everyone jumps everything'

Jump filled flat tracks are dull as shit. Maybe not much for amateurs, but for seasoned professionals... where's the challenge?

Millville it ain't.

|

Jeff Emigs Keys to the Race:
1. Get a good start
2. Don't crash