Braytons down under Hondas?

BobbyM
We're those factory scooters?
|
TymeMoto
11/22/2017 5:22pm
Maybe the team got the bikes and some parts from Honda but I'd guess that the bike isn't anywhere near as good as his MotoConcepts Honda.

There isn't enough money and visibility in that series to warrant the money and resources that a true factory effort would take.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
11/22/2017 5:42pm
BobbyM wrote:
We're those factory scooters?
Pretty close to his MotoConcepts bike. Took suspension, chassis parts and his engines were done by the same guy that does them for his MC ride.
TymeMoto
11/22/2017 5:54pm
ML512 wrote:
Pretty close to his MotoConcepts bike. Took suspension, chassis parts and his engines were done by the same guy that does them for his MC ride.
I stand corrected. Sounds like he was on some pretty good equipment down under.
Dm370
11/23/2017 5:33am
His race bike didn't start before his heat race on Saturday , spare bike was used for the rest of the night
11/23/2017 12:33pm
I dont believe any of the bikes down under are proper factory, most of them seem to be able to be built by a regular joe with a cheque book.
ando
11/23/2017 1:17pm
I dont believe any of the bikes down under are proper factory, most of them seem to be able to be built by a regular joe...
I dont believe any of the bikes down under are proper factory, most of them seem to be able to be built by a regular joe with a cheque book.
It’s interesting isn’t it? Despite the fact there are no production homologation rules in Australia all the top bikes seem to be built from off the shelf parts; I think it’s been that way for years.
Lightning78
11/23/2017 6:41pm
I dont believe any of the bikes down under are proper factory, most of them seem to be able to be built by a regular joe...
ando wrote:
It’s interesting isn’t it? Despite the fact there are no production homologation rules in Australia all the top bikes seem to be built from off the...
It’s interesting isn’t it? Despite the fact there are no production homologation rules in Australia all the top bikes seem to be built from off the shelf parts; I think it’s been that way for years.
Kinda makes you wonder why all the factory unobtanium is necessary for ama pro racing ....well other than future year bike development that is.
11/23/2017 8:02pm
ando wrote:
It’s interesting isn’t it? Despite the fact there are no production homologation rules in Australia all the top bikes seem to be built from off the...
Kinda makes you wonder why all the factory unobtanium is necessary for ama pro racing ....well other than future year bike development that is.
True. Dean Ferris got second in the first moto of high point with his Australian bike which was no doubt fairly standard for what they do over here.
11/24/2017 12:45am
The top Australian bikes are fairly well on par with the support teams of the US. Full works for the very top or A kit suspension. Well selected and tested parts with the odd bit of factory parts. Dack's Yamaha team has had some of the best equipped bikes for years through both his and Gary Benn's GP contacts using Rinaldi engine parts and other resources, and this has shown through the most championship's of recent years. They are THE team. They don't get online and just tick boxes until the budget runs out
block75
11/24/2017 3:46am
ando wrote:
dirtwalker wrote:
True. Dean Ferris got second in the first moto of high point with his Australian bike which was no doubt fairly standard for what they do...
True. Dean Ferris got second in the first moto of high point with his Australian bike which was no doubt fairly standard for what they do over here.
I reckon the bike he rode would have been had different enigine mods / specs compared to his Aus bike, but his suspension, bars, maybe chassis would have been the same that he rode all year. Could be wrong though and he just had it all work for him that race
block75
11/24/2017 3:55am
With enough money you could have Jay (Former Factory Suzuki manager and current Honda team manager) and Jesse Foreman (Jay’s son & Matt Moss’s former suzuki mechanic) build you an almost exact replica of a Aus spec factory bike. And also the likes of Serco Motorsport, MX R&D, Raceline Performane who could all build you a factory caliber bike If you want to spend the money.
11/24/2017 9:32am
V.I. Lennon
#434 wrote:
I thought the walrus was Paul
EZZA 95B wrote:
Shut the fuck up Donny.
Easy bro, John said it himself Kissing
Johnny Ringo
11/24/2017 4:03pm
#434 wrote:
I thought the walrus was Paul
EZZA 95B wrote:
Shut the fuck up Donny.
#434 wrote:
Easy bro, John said it himself Kissing
This aggression will not stand

Post a reply to: Braytons down under Hondas?

The Latest