Brayton v Friese

thorns
3/9/2020 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 11:02am
Anyone have the footage of the last lap 'pass' Vince put on Brayton?
Listening to the pulp review, sounds like it was pretty questionable.
|
Payup_199
3/9/2020 12:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 12:31pm
I dont have video, but he broke his pinky.

Per Yoshi press release on daytona:

Brayton was involved in a run-in with Vince Friese on the final lap of the main event, hurting his left hand. On Monday following the race, he was evaluated by his physician, and it was determined that he had fractured the metacarpal in his pinky finger. Brayton’s recovery will take three to six weeks, and he will be reevaluated at the three-week mark (following the Seattle Supercross).

JB10:
“I’m pretty disappointed; it doesn’t seem like I can catch a break, honestly. I got an okay start but was shuffled around on the first lap and came around in about 10th. I wasn’t able to make the moves I needed to and was back in the chaos. On the final lap, I was completely taken down by Vince [Friese].”
C.Worthy
3/9/2020 12:40pm
Dang that looked like it hurt! So Vince crashed into Brayton. Obviously an accident and not intentional. Hope JB10 heals up quick
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
3/9/2020 12:49pm
C.Worthy wrote:
Dang that looked like it hurt! So Vince crashed into Brayton. Obviously an accident and not intentional. Hope JB10 heals up quick
I guarantee Friese planned on making contact. I just don't think he planned on it being a flying body slam.

The Shop

Excaliburbmx
3/9/2020 12:53pm
C.Worthy wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
I guarantee Friese planned on making contact. I just don't think he planned on it being a flying body slam.
Vince got launched no way that I as intentionally done. Look how much Brayton slowed up and Vince was coming in hot.
3/9/2020 12:56pm
C.Worthy wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
Vince got launched no way that I as intentionally done. Look how much Brayton slowed up and Vince was coming in hot.
Wrong. Vince clearly intended to high-side violently and executed the plan to perfection.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
3/9/2020 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 1:09pm
C.Worthy wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
Shit I forgot we're talking about Friese. You're right. He wouldn't intentionally cut so far to the inside to make contact for a last lap pass.

He got launched because he was going in for your pass. He was making contact one way or another. He just didn't to intend to get flung from the bike.

Read my post. I said I'm sure he didn't mean for the flying body slam.
kongols
3/9/2020 12:59pm
Wow, that looks out of WWE playbook.
Zooki
3/9/2020 1:01pm
Almost looks like the first contact was helmet to helmet Shocked
3/9/2020 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 1:06pm
C.Worthy wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
I dunno man... as they mentioned on the PulpMX Daytona Review podcast - the MCR team's contracts are pretty heavily incentive based... this was a last lap pass attempt for 10th place (most likely a Top 10 bonus to be had)...

IMO - It looks super clear based on the angle Vince was coming in at that he had full intention of taking the line away from JB in a no fucks given manner - until the laws of physics took Vince down in a no fucks given manner.
3/9/2020 1:06pm
Zooki wrote:
it absolutely was
USA
Fantasy
545th
3/9/2020 1:41pm
stremme12 wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
Shit I forgot we're talking about Friese. You're right. He wouldn't intentionally cut so far to the inside to make contact for a last lap pass...
Shit I forgot we're talking about Friese. You're right. He wouldn't intentionally cut so far to the inside to make contact for a last lap pass.

He got launched because he was going in for your pass. He was making contact one way or another. He just didn't to intend to get flung from the bike.

Vince crashed because he was trying NOT to hit Brayton.. 2012 called, they want their Friese-hate back.
MOTO1313
3/9/2020 1:43pm
Friese is a slower version of Barcia.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
3/9/2020 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 2:09pm
stremme12 wrote:
Shit I forgot we're talking about Friese. You're right. He wouldn't intentionally cut so far to the inside to make contact for a last lap pass...

USA wrote:
Vince crashed because he was trying NOT to hit Brayton.. 2012 called, they want their Friese-hate back.
I'm not hating on Friese. I love his aggressive style and the fact that he can take it as well.

Did I throw any shade out? The dude was going for a last lap pass and was willing to make contact for it. Obviously didn't work out for him or the way he planned. All cool in my book.

Red Crawford
3/9/2020 2:16pm
How can Vince be so close to Brayton? Isn't Brayton on a HRC factory bike? 🤔😐.......😷
3/9/2020 2:22pm
USA wrote:
Yeah that’s true. But at the same time he was clearly going for the jugular though. But he got caught off guard by JB turning tighter than he expected, so at that point he just tries to avoid breaking JB in half which causes him to crash in to him.
gt80rider
3/9/2020 2:22pm
That looked like VF panic stabbing the brakes trying not to hit Brayton.... sucks for both parties... hope Brayton heals fast and fully!
3/9/2020 2:24pm
Someone was just posting how long Braytons been around with no injurys and a few days later he breaks his pinky.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
3/9/2020 2:28pm
gt80rider wrote:
That looked like VF panic stabbing the brakes trying not to hit Brayton.... sucks for both parties... hope Brayton heals fast and fully!
OR, under braking his front wheel slid into the rut causing him to highside into JB.🤷‍♂️

And yeah, just a shitty deal all around.
3/9/2020 2:28pm
Zooki wrote:
Targeting. 15 yard penalty, automatic first down.
TXDirt
3/9/2020 2:31pm
Looks like Vince hit the brakes so hard to avoid broad siding Brayton that the front wheel locked up and buckled and sent Vince up over end into Brayton as Brayton was cutting down.

Racing Incident.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
3/9/2020 2:39pm
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and probably landed on the front brakes, tucking the front end, and crashing. I doubt he went into the corner intending on murdering him.
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
3/9/2020 2:56pm
stremme12 wrote:

USA wrote:
Think about what you're saying.

Hey man I'm sorry I crashed you.....I only did it because I didn't want to crash you.
swtwtwtw
3/9/2020 5:09pm
That was awesome!
hamncheeze
3/9/2020 5:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/9/2020 5:15pm
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and...
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and probably landed on the front brakes, tucking the front end, and crashing. I doubt he went into the corner intending on murdering him.
Well according to Matthes and JT Vince was needing that pass to enter into better MCR bonus range, so there's a good chance he was going in there to pass JB aggressively and messed it up. Why the hell else would VF have been jumping so far inside?

Sucks for JB.
Lloydcarter
3/9/2020 5:15pm
Zooki wrote:
Where’s the 15 yard penalty flag!!! Outrageous
davistld01
3/9/2020 5:40pm
I’ll bet Tony Alessi had a meltdown over that!
3/9/2020 5:51pm
I dunno man... as they mentioned on the PulpMX Daytona Review podcast - the MCR team's contracts are pretty heavily incentive based... this was a last...
I dunno man... as they mentioned on the PulpMX Daytona Review podcast - the MCR team's contracts are pretty heavily incentive based... this was a last lap pass attempt for 10th place (most likely a Top 10 bonus to be had)...

IMO - It looks super clear based on the angle Vince was coming in at that he had full intention of taking the line away from JB in a no fucks given manner - until the laws of physics took Vince down in a no fucks given manner.
Really…super clear? You can't see anything leading up to it…
3/9/2020 6:38pm
I dunno man... as they mentioned on the PulpMX Daytona Review podcast - the MCR team's contracts are pretty heavily incentive based... this was a last...

Really…super clear? You can't see anything leading up to it…
You are either: 1) drunk, 2) Jeff Alessi, or 3) actually Vince Friese..

Post a reply to: Brayton v Friese

The Latest