Brayton for 2019 and beyond

hamncheeze
After Indy Justin Brayton had this to say (from RacerX Saturday Night Live article):

“Going into this year, all my contracts were up at the end of the year, and I was kind of like ‘Look, if I’m enjoying it, I’m going to keep going; if not, we’ll see what happens,” Brayton said. “As of now, I don’t really see an end in sight. I think I’ll probably commit to another two years and go from there.”

What are the odds he gets a factory deal? SX only deals are hard to come by but if I was Honda I would seriously consider putting a deal together for JB10. He's solid, does not get hurt very often, and they have a good relationship with him already. Given the injury history of their no. 1 riders the past several years maybe having an extra body for SX would not be a bad idea.
|
kiwifan
3/26/2018 5:19pm
Wherever he ends up on whatever team, I am a big fan ...so I hope he gets a ride or stays on the one he has now
ML512
Fantasy
45th
3/26/2018 5:19pm
hamncheeze wrote:
After Indy Justin Brayton had this to say (from RacerX Saturday Night Live article): “Going into this year, all my contracts were up at the end...
After Indy Justin Brayton had this to say (from RacerX Saturday Night Live article):

“Going into this year, all my contracts were up at the end of the year, and I was kind of like ‘Look, if I’m enjoying it, I’m going to keep going; if not, we’ll see what happens,” Brayton said. “As of now, I don’t really see an end in sight. I think I’ll probably commit to another two years and go from there.”

What are the odds he gets a factory deal? SX only deals are hard to come by but if I was Honda I would seriously consider putting a deal together for JB10. He's solid, does not get hurt very often, and they have a good relationship with him already. Given the injury history of their no. 1 riders the past several years maybe having an extra body for SX would not be a bad idea.
Or on the other hand, MCR and Honda continue to build their relationship and he stays put.

Positive for Honda:
They don't have to cover the salary or expenses.
Shows a privately funded team can win on their bike.
Leaves room and budget to do other things within their team.

Positives for Brayton:
Brayton can race the same bike year round by staying with MCR. Big thing Brayton is doing is racing Australia and other off-season events on the same equipment. The team in Australia is preparing the bike pretty close to what he uses in the US, and it's easier for Brayton to use that same equipment and other off-season venues.

MCR has a very competitive if not deeper bonus program through the field...
hamncheeze
3/26/2018 5:23pm
Very good points ML. I just wonder if factory Honda dangled the carrot with a SX only deal if JB would jump on it. His stock with the greater public is certainly on the rise and while it's great for Honda already, having him under the factory truck and doing all of the media/signings/etc as a rep of Honda and not MCR is of value. And my original posting was not to slag MCR at all, it's obvious they have a good program capable of winning. One thing for sure, I don't see JB going to another bike, he's made that pretty clear all season.

Post a reply to: Brayton for 2019 and beyond

The Latest