Brands need to step up

MZ193
9/19/2020 11:54am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2020 7:42am
The star yami are just tol fast.
Last weekend doing laroccos leap and today ferrandis was clearing the jump without even stretching the bike.
I'm ok if out of the box the yami has more torque, but i cant get over the fact that at that level the other brands cant get their engines to yamaha's level.

Also i heard a 125 during the 250 moto 1 and that made me smile Smile
|
KDXGarage
9/20/2020 12:56am
Star Racing has really made some fast YZ270F's this year!
kiwifan
9/20/2020 1:27am
MZ193 wrote:
The star yami are just tol fast. Last weekend doing laroccos leap and today ferrandis was clearing the jump without even stretching the bike. I'm ok...
Last weekend doing laroccos leap and today ferrandis was clearing the jump without even stretching the bike.
I'm ok if out of the box the yami has more torque, but i cant get over the fact that at that level the other brands cant get their engines to yamaha's level.

Hmmm recently a Zook 250 got a holeshot against the Yams.....a lot of this comes down to the rider not the bike in terms of clearing jumps, rider cornering speed being one of the biggest factors rather than HP/torque
9/20/2020 1:31am
Austin would be doing everything if he was out there.

The Shop

Ryan598
9/20/2020 5:05am
Is it just me or did JMart Catch Ferrandis every lap at the top of Mount Martin? I noticed it multiple times. I don’t think the YZ power advantage is quite as much as JMart and the others would like us to believe.
MZ193
9/20/2020 6:34am
But jmart cased the triple on the new hill like 60% of the time, Ferrandis would clear it too easy.
Not to talk about Hampshire, he was casing it every lap and they were pretty big cases.
Meh
motomike137
9/20/2020 8:00am
I think the YZ reverse layout gives them a built in advantage to work with. Going to be hard to overcome from a power standpoint.
Johnny Ringo
9/20/2020 8:01am
MZ193 wrote:
The star yami are just tol fast. Last weekend doing laroccos leap and today ferrandis was clearing the jump without even stretching the bike. I'm ok...

You sure that was a 125 and not the whoop monsters chainsaw?
MZ193
9/20/2020 8:22am
MZ193 wrote:

You sure that was a 125 and not the whoop monsters chainsaw?
No, it was Cody Wiliams on a TC 125.
9/20/2020 11:16am
MZ193 wrote:

You realize that these bikes dont have much gap in power deliveries correct?

Its the rider not the bike!!!!
MZ193
9/20/2020 11:49am
MZ193 wrote:

Yeah, that's what i think in a normal situation.
But on tip of the new hill, after a 2 jumps, every rider comes pretty much at the same speed, it's not like you re coming out of a corner, in that case you could say the rider makes the corner faster and can clear the jump.
But after 2 jumps, where everyone used to scrub, and the next jump the only guys clearing the jump are on yami, i start to think that brands engine are a little weaker than the yami
H4L
9/20/2020 2:10pm
kiwifan wrote:
Hmmm recently a Zook 250 got a holeshot against the Yams.....a lot of this comes down to the rider not the bike in terms of clearing...
Hmmm recently a Zook 250 got a holeshot against the Yams.....a lot of this comes down to the rider not the bike in terms of clearing jumps, rider cornering speed being one of the biggest factors rather than HP/torque
Yup. Very impressive to see that slow Geico red bike staying right there with DF's Star blue bike up Mt. Martin. If anything it showed all the top manufacturers bikes are pretty similiar in power at that level.
RMT
9/20/2020 4:09pm
If he has the fastest bike, why doesn’t Ferrandis holeshot every Moto?
Sully2.0
9/20/2020 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2020 6:09pm
MZ193 wrote:

I'm not so sure about that. There was a heat race at one of the SLC rounds where Ferrandis and McAdoo were drag racing down the start straight, and Ferrandis' YZ was flat out powering the Kawasaki.
Antonioni
9/20/2020 4:59pm
Ryan598 wrote:
Is it just me or did JMart Catch Ferrandis every lap at the top of Mount Martin? I noticed it multiple times. I don’t think the...
Is it just me or did JMart Catch Ferrandis every lap at the top of Mount Martin? I noticed it multiple times. I don’t think the YZ power advantage is quite as much as JMart and the others would like us to believe.
Indeed.
SEMAC
9/20/2020 6:07pm
MZ193 wrote:

MZ193 wrote:
Yeah, that's what i think in a normal situation. But on tip of the new hill, after a 2 jumps, every rider comes pretty much at...
But on tip of the new hill, after a 2 jumps, every rider comes pretty much at the same speed, it's not like you re coming out of a corner, in that case you could say the rider makes the corner faster and can clear the jump.
But after 2 jumps, where everyone used to scrub, and the next jump the only guys clearing the jump are on yami, i start to think that brands engine are a little weaker than the yami
I saw Smart clearing the triple all laps ,and he wasnt on a Star. Bike
SEMAC
9/20/2020 6:08pm

MZ193 wrote:
Yeah, that's what i think in a normal situation. But on tip of the new hill, after a 2 jumps, every rider comes pretty much at...
SEMAC wrote:
I saw Smart clearing the triple all laps ,and he wasnt on a Star. Bike
Amart,this stupid pone
Bruce372
9/20/2020 6:16pm
There is only so much power you can theoretically get from 250ccs of displacement on a 4 stroke mx engine, they start out similar and would imagine after tuning finish up similar.

That said, this is vital and the laws of physics and basic mathematics don't apply here

9/20/2020 6:21pm
H4L wrote:
Yup. Very impressive to see that slow Geico red bike staying right there with DF's Star blue bike up Mt. Martin. If anything it showed all...
Yup. Very impressive to see that slow Geico red bike staying right there with DF's Star blue bike up Mt. Martin. If anything it showed all the top manufacturers bikes are pretty similiar in power at that level.
I was thinking of this place as I watched the same thing, but I should have known I'd come here and see multiple people complaining that the Yamaha's are just too fast.
deluxeman
9/20/2020 8:40pm
Watch around corners, Ferrandis flows around the corner, Jmart bangs through the corner, buries the bike and loses a little speed. Both fast ways around but Dylan is smoother in certain corners and carries more speed out of the exit of the turn.
devotid
Fantasy
500th
9/20/2020 10:04pm
deluxeman wrote:
Watch around corners, Ferrandis flows around the corner, Jmart bangs through the corner, buries the bike and loses a little speed. Both fast ways around but...
Watch around corners, Ferrandis flows around the corner, Jmart bangs through the corner, buries the bike and loses a little speed. Both fast ways around but Dylan is smoother in certain corners and carries more speed out of the exit of the turn.
Dont bring up facts here.... We dont need that shit!
kiwifan
9/20/2020 11:06pm
Bruce372 wrote:
There is only so much power you can theoretically get from 250ccs of displacement on a 4 stroke mx engine, they start out similar and would...
There is only so much power you can theoretically get from 250ccs of displacement on a 4 stroke mx engine, they start out similar and would imagine after tuning finish up similar.

That said, this is vital and the laws of physics and basic mathematics don't apply here

Also those Geico Honda and Star Yamahas and PC Kawasakis etc are not stock, stock graphs mean zero
CPR
9/20/2020 11:17pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2020 11:18pm
deluxeman wrote:
Watch around corners, Ferrandis flows around the corner, Jmart bangs through the corner, buries the bike and loses a little speed. Both fast ways around but...
^^This^^
You want to go down a straight or over a jump faster; carry more speed through the corner.

While it’s pretty clear and well reported that the Star Yami’s are the fastest in the class, at the end of the day it always still comes down to rider.
9/21/2020 3:07am
Bruce372 wrote:
There is only so much power you can theoretically get from 250ccs of displacement on a 4 stroke mx engine, they start out similar and would...

kiwifan wrote:
Also those Geico Honda and Star Yamahas and PC Kawasakis etc are not stock, stock graphs mean zero
I disagree.

Star starting with a stock YZF250 and JGR starting with a stock RMZ250..... you don't think Star has it easier?
resetjet
9/21/2020 6:27am
RMT wrote:
If he has the fastest bike, why doesn’t Ferrandis holeshot every Moto?
Because he has always struggled with starts. Why is there usually 3 yamahas at the front of the start.
Bruce372
9/21/2020 7:42am
Bruce372 wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
Exactly. They all start out within a few HP difference, maybe all gain 10 to 20% more power, similar valve sizes, similar bore, stroke, rpm, similar efi units, but screw the laws of physics and now the Yamaha is 4.5 hp up on the competition.

Post a reply to: Brands need to step up

The Latest