Brand new 2007 CR250 for sale

TexasVet
10/1/2019 6:23pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Not making it personal by disagreeing but, in all honesty I think collectors are the ones hoping to preserve what motocross is. Memories. Looking back at...
Not making it personal by disagreeing but, in all honesty I think collectors are the ones hoping to preserve what motocross is. Memories. Looking back at an era long forgotten, a trip down memory lane or, even in my case showing my kid the bikes I rode as a kid. If it wasn't for the preservation of our sport, we would not be able to look at how far and advanced motocross is these days compared to years ago. Many collections also go to museums. But, then again what do I know? I thought of a moped when Puch was mentioned.
Well, a bit more civil, I appreciate that.

And while some intentions are noble, a lot of collectors(not all) are there to run those prices up, take a profit and never look back. That's ok. But sure doesn't "preserve" our sport. Example: Our first bike was a 1969 candy apple red
Honda 50. Would love to hang one from my shop bar area. You know how much they cost now.

Museums are a whole other segment and by definition fit your ideas.

But , let's go back to the OP. Remember the process-taking an at least arguably flawed tech. bike(albeit nice) of super
average availability and tacking an astronomical price on it, out of thin air.

My point is- the "collectors" are doing to the 2000's bikes what they did to the vintage market.
Holigan
10/1/2019 6:33pm

Bought here on Vital last year for $5,000.
Chance1216
10/1/2019 6:59pm
TexasVet wrote:
Well, a bit more civil, I appreciate that. And while some intentions are noble, a lot of collectors(not all) are there to run those prices up...

And while some intentions are noble, a lot of collectors(not all) are there to run those prices up, take a profit and never look back. That's ok. But sure doesn't "preserve" our sport. Example: Our first bike was a 1969 candy apple red
Honda 50. Would love to hang one from my shop bar area. You know how much they cost now.

But , let's go back to the OP. Remember the process-taking an at least arguably flawed tech. bike(albeit nice) of super

My point is- the "collectors" are doing to the 2000's bikes what they did to the vintage market.
In 84 my grandfather bought me a 69 Honda mini trail 50. Mine was white and blue. He paid $150. They've gone up considerably since then. $1500 in the Seattle area. I wish we could've kept it but, sold it so I could step up in bike size. (I kept and still have the owners manual though). I even had a 77 RM 125. I was 11 when I got it. Once again looking back should've kept it but, you never know what thirty years will bring. Now, I'm sitting on a 01 CR 250 that'll never get sold. Doesn't matter what it's worth now or thirty years from now.
On a side note. It frustrates me seeing 83 CR 125s with locked up engines, torn seats, and rusted out from being left outside going for $1500. Not that I'm pointing this comment at the 07 posted but, sometimes ones trash is anothers treasure.
bonseff
10/1/2019 7:10pm
I get there is a buy and hold investment, the overall design holds up well.

But f' that bike, I hated that motor.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
10/1/2019 7:24pm
Chance1216 wrote:
Not making it personal by disagreeing but, in all honesty I think collectors are the ones hoping to preserve what motocross is. Memories. Looking back at...
Not making it personal by disagreeing but, in all honesty I think collectors are the ones hoping to preserve what motocross is. Memories. Looking back at an era long forgotten, a trip down memory lane or, even in my case showing my kid the bikes I rode as a kid. If it wasn't for the preservation of our sport, we would not be able to look at how far and advanced motocross is these days compared to years ago. Many collections also go to museums. But, then again what do I know? I thought of a moped when Puch was mentioned.
TexasVet wrote:
Well, a bit more civil, I appreciate that. And while some intentions are noble, a lot of collectors(not all) are there to run those prices up...

collectors don't drive up the price. a bike is worth what someone is willing to pay. a collector can't just decide what somethings worth. The more scarce the more potential for value.

there is a reason 1969 honda 50 fetches good money these days. it was popular, but is becoming more and more rare and it's 50 years old, in terms of motorcycles that is pretty old.
TexasVet
10/5/2019 4:26am
soggy wrote:
Explain to me what the collectors are destroying? There is tons of used bikes out there to be ridden and raced. A brand new bike like...
Explain to me what the collectors are destroying?

There is tons of used bikes out there to be ridden and raced. A brand new bike like this is rare.

Vintage MX is probably better off without you.
Atta boy! Encourage more people to quit! You and the collectors can meet in a smaller closet(we don't have

phone booths anymore). Next time you encourage someone to quit, look around. Or the next track that closes.

Or the numbers at a local race. Or watch California implode. Or.......arrogant ass.

Post a reply to: Brand new 2007 CR250 for sale

The Latest