Brand ambassadors

BobPA
12/8/2018 8:40am
MC rode Kaw when he was young. RV rode yamahas when he was young. Does not matter. It is nothing more than a paid position for...
MC rode Kaw when he was young. RV rode yamahas when he was young. Does not matter. It is nothing more than a paid position for marketing purposes at events that their riders dont necessairly attend. Nothing more.
Well, it matters enough to warrant paying riders to be brand ambassadors. Not to mention generate 32 replies and 1000+ views on a forum in about 12 hours.....
mikec265
12/8/2018 8:54am
Eddy wrote:
Yamaha = Damon Bradshaw
I know what you mean, but in the real world somehow...
Gasgas= Bradshaw

Good for him. At least he's getting a paycheck for it.
BR8ES
12/8/2018 8:55am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2018 8:56am
The brand ambassador thing doesn't even register with me regardless of who it is on whatever brand. Bizarre concept.
tcallahan707
12/8/2018 9:12am
If one single post on an IG story on an 1 million follower account fetches $5k, I'd guess that companies see the value in brand ambassadors, even if some Vitards don't. Otherwise, that wouldn't be the going rate-ish. It only takes a few of the hundreds of thousands of eye balls to buy a bike for it to be a good business decision, and that doesn't even include the brand awareness created. Yamaha could care less if you think of RV on green instead of blue.

The Shop

HD1200
12/8/2018 9:27am Edited Date/Time 12/8/2018 11:07am
When I think back about a certain brand, certain riders do come to mind and just FYI RV/Yamaha & Emig/Husqvarna have never came to mind.

• Yamaha:
Bob Hannah, Broc Glover, Chad Reed, Jeremy McGrath

• Honda:
Rick Johnson, David Bailey, Johnny O'Mara, Kevin Windham, Mike LaRocco

• Suzuki:
Travis Pastrana, Ricky Carmichael, Greg Albertyn, Stefan Everts

• Kawasaki:
Jeff Ward, James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, Eli Tomac

• KTM:
Ryan Dungey, Antonio Cairoli, Jeffery Herlings

• Husqvarna:
Jason Anderson
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
12/8/2018 9:33am
MC rode Kaw when he was young. RV rode yamahas when he was young. Does not matter. It is nothing more than a paid position for...
MC rode Kaw when he was young. RV rode yamahas when he was young. Does not matter. It is nothing more than a paid position for marketing purposes at events that their riders dont necessairly attend. Nothing more.
I agree with this Completely, i was just saying who comes to mind when i think of a Brand!
Someone said they couldn't think of one for Husky
For me its Definitely Anderson, in the modern era ge won a 450 SX championship on one and he is signed to be the face of the brand for years so he would be my first thought on Husky.
philG
12/9/2018 9:10am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Is Emig still the Husqvarna brand ambassador ?
I dont know, but being an ambassador for a bike you never ever rode, is a bit of a joke.

The 'Brand Ambassadors' are the guys who are racing the things, and they should get the money,

IMO, if they still want to pull a wage out of the sport , either race properly, or run a team.

rikhek
12/13/2018 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2018 2:00pm
Alex814 wrote:
Assuming in the USA: KTM - Ryan Dungey Husqvarna - Ryan Sipes Yamaha - Doug Henry Honda - Trey Canard Suzuki - Ricky Carmichael Kawasaki -...
Assuming in the USA:

KTM - Ryan Dungey
Husqvarna - Ryan Sipes
Yamaha - Doug Henry
Honda - Trey Canard
Suzuki - Ricky Carmichael
Kawasaki - Jeremy McGrath

Trey is riding/testing for Honda on a regular basis at Reynard's. I didn't ask and don't know if he's doing any "ambassador" stuff but he is on/testing new red bikes.
psg119
12/13/2018 2:36pm
I call them riders. K'Roc Cole Seeley Eli Tomac Marv Cooper Weston Justin Chad The list goes on. They are all 'brand ambassadors'. Dunge- retired from...
I call them riders.

K'Roc
Cole Seeley
Eli Tomac
Marv
Cooper
Weston
Justin
Chad
The list goes on. They are all 'brand ambassadors'.

Dunge- retired from racing, still seen riding an orange bike when he fancies it. Still wears a KTM coat when he's on tv... Not announced as or given job title as Brand ambassador- KTM already have the brand ambassadors- Cooper & Marv.
The only reason RV and MC were announced was because they changed brands. When RV was still riding the Kawi after retirement and MC the Honda I think they were labeled as "test riders". Doesn't really matter. If Dungey were to change brands you could bet your ass it'd be announced.
BobKerr
12/14/2018 11:03am
The whole brand ambassador thing just seems dumb to me. Especially when you have Villopotto for Yamaha! The current racers are the brand ambassadors.
Adam43
12/14/2018 11:16am
It's a cool trend in that it keeps premier names from the past relevant, and provides a link between generations of the sport.

It's bad if it takes away support from current riders.

From the OEMs standpoint, they want a formal agreement with someone who drives engagement, sells a bit of product, shakes hands and makes nice with the dealers, and won't embarrass them. A long association with the brand is subservient to all of that.

12/14/2018 11:17am Edited Date/Time 12/14/2018 11:38am
Chuck sun should be a brand ambassador. Might affect 45+ riders....they’re spending the coin too.

Brand ambassadors are good for the sport. Kids get very excited to see these guys. In turn they nag their parents for that brand.
brocster
12/14/2018 12:53pm
Honda Mcgrath
Kawasaki Villopoto
Suzuki RC
Yamaha Emig
KTM Dunge
Husqvarna wing it with Anderson until you have the first guy retire on one

Post a reply to: Brand ambassadors

The Latest